I-485 Transferred to Chicago Asylum Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Transferred to Chicago Asylum Office

Figured I would share my experience as I looked into this forum almost everyday to help me through this process.

Filed for a green card in Feb of 2015 to the USCIS
    Case was transferred to Chicago Asylum office August of 2015 (No idea why it was transferred but found out why later on)
    Asylum office interview July of 2017
    Received Approved Asylum status June 07 of 2018

A little bit of background. Came to the states at the age of 4 as an Asylee. Never concerned about immigration status until 18 when I learned I had nothing. Mother and Father both became citizens without me (Not sure what happened). So I started the process from scratch. Filed for a I-485 got denied. Applied again and then this time was transferred. The office informed me during my interview that I was a derived asylee and because my parents became citizens, I needed to become the primary asylee (Nunc pro tunc) and that is why it was transferred. After years of waiting I have finally been approved and understand what happened. Now for those who have went through this same process, the asylum office sent me a letter stating they are sending my approval letter back to the USCIS to finish with my I-485 case I filed almost 3 YEARS AGOOOOO!! Has anyone gone through this process and speak to as how long it took after that?

thank you and feel free to message me if you have any questions that I could probably try to answer. Best of luck!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X