Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for AOS, EAD and APD: Can you help me with my documents checklist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for AOS, EAD and APD: Can you help me with my documents checklist ?

I am an Indian F-1 student married to a US citizen for the last 8 months. I know I should have applied earlier,
    but it got delayed at I was going through an incredible amount of anxiety due to academic, financial and other
    reasons. All of those problems have been settled for good now. I have a job starting in 3 months, and I need an EAD card.
    I know I will have to request them to expedite it later. Applying for AOS, EAD and advanced parole altogether.
    My wife is the sponsor, and I am the beneficiary. Here is the package that I have assembled.
    I have included only the most recent I-20 (out of 5), and only the nonempty pages of passport of me & my wife.
    I am putting each form & its own supporting documents in different folders, with the form name written outside, and then
    shoving all the folders in a giant package. I appreciate your help. Thank you in advance!

Am I missing anything in the supporting documents ?

I-130
    - Cheque for I-130 filling fee (in an envelope)
    - Form G-1145, e-Notification of application acceptance
    - Flled form I-130
    - Filled form I-130a
    - Copy of sponsor's US Birth Certificate
    - Copy of sponsor's US Passport (only the nonempty pages)
    - Copy of sponsor's Driver's License
    - Copy of sponsor's Social Security Card
    - Certified true copy of Marriage Certificate
    - 2 passport-style color picture of sponsor (names written on back)
    - 2 passport-style color picture of beneficiary (names written on back)
    - Copy of Beneficiarys Birth Certificate (issued 4 years after birth), Indian driver's license,
    matriculation admit card, copy of affidavits from both parents
    - Copy of beneficiarys Passport, F-1 VISA and stamps (essentially only the nonempty pages)
    - Copy of beneficiarys most recent I-20 (out of 5 in total due to program extension and all)
    - Copy of beneficiarys last I-94 and Travel History (whatever is shown online)
    - Copy of beneficiarys Driver's License
    - Copy of beneficiarys Social Security Card

I-131
    - Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
    - Filled form I-131, Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole)
    - Two passport-style color picture of the beneficiary (names written on back)
    - Copy of beneficiarys Passport, F-1 VISA and stamps (essentially only the nonempty pages)
    - Copy of beneficiarys most recent I-20 (out of 5 in total due to program extension and all)
    - Copy of beneficiarys Driver License
    - A letter explaining that I need the I-131 for conferences in other countries & visits to India

I-765
    - Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptanc
    - Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
    - Two recent passport-style color picture of the Beneficiary (names written on back)

I-485
    - Cheque for I-485 Filling fee and bio-metrics
    - Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
    - Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status
    - Certified true copy of Marriage Certificate
    - Copy of beneficiarys Birth Certificate (issued 4 years after birth), Indian driver's license,
    matriculation certificate, copy of affidavits from both parents
    - Copy of beneficiarys Social Security Card
    - Two recent passport-style color picture of the Beneficiary (names written on back)
    - I-693, Medical Examination of the beneficiary completed by a civil surgeon, in a sealed envelope

I-864
    - Copy of Sponsor's (Petitioner) U.S Passport (only the nonempty pages)
    - Copy of Sponsor's (Petitioner) Social Security Card
    - Copy of Sponsor's (Petitioner) U.S. Birth Certificate
    - Transcript of 2014 Sponsor's (Petitioner) Federal Tax Return (last 3 years)
    - Proof of Sponsor's Employment (printout of webpage showing her as full time employee of school district)
    - Copies of recent pay stubs of the Sponsor (last 3 months)
    - Two recent passport-style color picture of the Sponsor (names written on back)
    Last edited by strangefella; 06-28-2018, 07:50 PM.

You need various evidence of bona fide marriage for the I-130.

You don't need an explanation for I-131.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You need various evidence of bona fide marriage for the I-130.

You don't need an explanation for I-131.
      What would be other various evidence of bona fide marriage ? We did not file taxes jointly due to some good financial reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by strangefella View Post
        What would be other various evidence of bona fide marriage ? We did not file taxes jointly due to some good financial reasons.
        It gives some examples in the I-130 instructions for evidence for spouse.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          It gives some examples in the I-130 instructions for evidence for spouse.
          I will add my tax papers which could show that we have lived together for quite a few years. We also coown a car for the last 5 years. But we have not purchased/leased anything since the wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by strangefella View Post
            Your answer tells me you filled out the forms without reading the instructions. Not to sound harsh, but why would you gamble with your adjustment of status petition like that?

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL FORMS. Yes, come to the forum for questions as the forms do have redundant and complex wording. But the forum is not a substitute for the directions. Misinformation is posted on the forum all the time. And such posts aren't always vetted.

The I-130 instructions provide a list of evidence of bona fide marriage. It does not state that they're arranged in any order. However, financial evidence is listed first, and affidavits from people who know you are listed last. That correlates with the weight these pieces of evidence are given.

If you do not have a mortgage, or lease, or concrete evidence of bona fide marriage, I recommend that you get an Advance Health Care directive. Get it notarized and share it with your health care providers and insurance company. That is a legal document and USCIS takes it very seriously. After all, you are trusting someone with your life. here is a good link https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/fina...ce-directives/

You should also consider getting an affidavit of residence. https://www.rocketlawyer.com/documen...residence.rl#/
            It seems redundant, but it's very easy to create documents these days and make them look legit. People have submitted bogus lease agreements to USCIS in the past.

You can find my Table of Contents here.

And you can find the table of contents I used as a guide here. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ocuments/page4

The I-130 instructions include a list of examples of evidence of bona fide marriage. Page 7/12 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...i-130instr.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              Your answer tells me you filled out the forms without reading the instructions. Not to sound harsh, but why would you gamble with your adjustment of status petition like that?

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL FORMS. Yes, come to the forum for questions as the forms do have redundant and complex wording. But the forum is not a substitute for the directions. Misinformation is posted on the forum all the time. And such posts aren't always vetted.

The I-130 instructions provide a list of evidence of bona fide marriage. It does not state that they're arranged in any order. However, financial evidence is listed first, and affidavits from people who know you are listed last. That correlates with the weight these pieces of evidence are given.

If you do not have a mortgage, or lease, or concrete evidence of bona fide marriage, I recommend that you get an Advance Health Care directive. Get it notarized and share it with your health care providers and insurance company. That is a legal document and USCIS takes it very seriously. After all, you are trusting someone with your life. here is a good link https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/fina...ce-directives/

You should also consider getting an affidavit of residence. https://www.rocketlawyer.com/documen...residence.rl#/
              It seems redundant, but it's very easy to create documents these days and make them look legit. People have submitted bogus lease agreements to USCIS in the past.

You can find my Table of Contents here.

And you can find the table of contents I used as a guide here. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ocuments/page4

The I-130 instructions include a list of examples of evidence of bona fide marriage. Page 7/12 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...i-130instr.pdf

kindly advise, as you said in the post above, must we share our Advance Health Care directive with our health care provider and insurance company right away or when the need arises?
              Thank you.
              PD: 01/02/18
              4 NOA Form I-797C received :01/08/18
              Received biometrics appointment notice: 01/12/18
              Biometrics appointment: 01/29/18 (walk-in)
              InfoPas: SB field office 04/18/18
              Contact the congressman 04/20/18
              RFE received: 04/27/18
              RFE response :06/19/18
              Interview Scheduled notification 07/03/18
              AP approval notice :07/05/18
              EAD approval notice: 07/05/18
              SSN received in the mail 07/18/18
              Notice EAD being produce 07/19/18
              Interview Date: 08/07/18

Field office San Bernardino

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald 2020 View Post
                kindly advise, as you said in the post above, must we share our Advance Health Care directive with our health care provider and insurance company right away or when the need arises?
                Thank you.
                I think it would make sense to do so before the need arises. You could also derive an affidavit from your physician stating the you shared the Advanced Health Care directive with her/him.

By the way, did you end up submitting additional evidence of bona fide marriage along with your RFE response?

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  I think it would make sense to do so before the need arises. You could also derive an affidavit from your physician stating the you shared the Advanced Health Care directive with her/him.

By the way, did you end up submitting additional evidence of bona fide marriage along with your RFE response?

Thank you.
                  Having seeing the enormous bona-fide marriage evidences we have, our new attorney advised we should not submit it with the RFE, that it will be frustrating if it is dumped somewhere.
                  But we submitted our joint 2017 tax return, my petitioner 2016 tax transcript and our joint sponsor 2017 tax return. Though joint sponsor latest tax return was not asked for, but we were advised to submit it too.

We received update status that the RFE was received and processing has resumed on our case.
                  Thank you.
                  PD: 01/02/18
                  4 NOA Form I-797C received :01/08/18
                  Received biometrics appointment notice: 01/12/18
                  Biometrics appointment: 01/29/18 (walk-in)
                  InfoPas: SB field office 04/18/18
                  Contact the congressman 04/20/18
                  RFE received: 04/27/18
                  RFE response :06/19/18
                  Interview Scheduled notification 07/03/18
                  AP approval notice :07/05/18
                  EAD approval notice: 07/05/18
                  SSN received in the mail 07/18/18
                  Notice EAD being produce 07/19/18
                  Interview Date: 08/07/18

Field office San Bernardino

Comment