Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DACA to AOS process

Hey all!

Just wanted to start this thread on this forum because I see a lot of other threads for AOS but there isn?t anything I?ve found for DACA recipients who have or intend to apply for AOS. My current situation is that I?m waiting back to hear back from USCIS regarding my application submitted for AOS through marriage. I?ll update my process on my signature as I get updates. I was EWI at age 4 then got DACA thru the grace that is President Barack Obama. My husband is USC and we?ve been together for over 10 years, married for 5. My attorney submitted my application on 6/28/18 and now the wait begins. I?ve seen a lot of people who?ve gone from application sent to receiving green card in 6-8 months... hoping that?s the case for me too! Anyone else who is in a similar situation please add to this thread! Any other DACA dreamers here? Would lie to hear from you as well as share my experiences.
    DACA approved: 12/2014
    I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
    NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
    I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
    I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
    11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
    12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
    12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
    12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
    12/14/19- GC delivered.

Originally posted by keldreams View Post
    Hey all!

Just wanted to start this thread on this forum because I see a lot of other threads for AOS but there isn?t anything I?ve found for DACA recipients who have or intend to apply for AOS. My current situation is that I?m waiting back to hear back from USCIS regarding my application submitted for AOS through marriage. I?ll update my process on my signature as I get updates. I was EWI at age 4 then got DACA thru the grace that is President Barack Obama. My husband is USC and we?ve been together for over 10 years, married for 5. My attorney submitted my application on 6/28/18 and now the wait begins. I?ve seen a lot of people who?ve gone from application sent to receiving green card in 6-8 months... hoping that?s the case for me too! Anyone else who is in a similar situation please add to this thread! Any other DACA dreamers here? Would lie to hear from you as well as share my experiences.

Did you clear your EWI with Advance Parole ? If not , the process will be longer as you have to submit a waiver for your EWI. My process will take approximately 11 months. I did not have to submit a waiver however. The processing time fluctuates from office to office but a year is what I have seen lately. Good luck.

Comment

Did you're attorney remedy the EWI issue? If not you could have a problem. This administration isn't exactly forgiving.
      Marriage based AOS concurre
      Feb 2017 - Date received
      Feb 2017 - RFE received
      March 2017 - Biometrics completed
      April 2017 - RFE response received case no longer on hold
      April 2017 - Case is being scheduled for interview
      May 2017 - AP/EAD received:
      March 2018 - AP/EAD forms sent for renewal
      Sept 2018 - AOS interview scheduled.
      Oct 2018 - AOS interview
      Nov 2018 - Green card in hand

Comment

Originally posted by josger View Post
        Did you clear your EWI with Advance Parole ? If not , the process will be longer as you have to submit a waiver for your EWI. My process will take approximately 11 months. I did not have to submit a waiver however. The processing time fluctuates from office to office but a year is what I have seen lately. Good luck.
        I did clear with AP.. I was granted AP while it was still available thru DACA for humanitarian reasons (my grandmother was ill... thank goodness my husband and I were able to see her.. she passed a month after we visited).. so I got the lawful entry stamp on my passport.
        12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

I did clear with AP.. I was granted AP while it was still available thru DACA for humanitarian reasons (my grandmother was ill... thank goodness my husband and I were able to see her.. she passed a month after we visited).. so I got the lawful entry stamp on my passport.
          you should not have an issue then. Just sit back and wait, it will be a long wait. At least you can still work with your DACA EAD while you wait for AOS EAD.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
            you should not have an issue then. Just sit back and wait, it will be a long wait. At least you can still work with your DACA EAD while you wait for AOS EAD.
            Yeah, the waiting is going to be hard.. my lawyer said ballpark estimate was about 7-8 months, but obviously no guarantee... I?m not too worried about the EAD for my job (I?m self employed) but I?m eagerly awaiting the EAD that comes with the AP.
            12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

I?m a DACA holder, but my 3rd DACA renewal is expiring next month. My USC husband and I, submit the AOS forms (130 & 145) last July 2017. I did not apply for the EAD through my original AOS forms because I incorrectly assumed the case would be processed before my DACA expired. I finally applied for a 765, this April and just today we called to have the case expedited, the agent was very helpful and said we should get an answer in 5 days. My cases have not received any updates, they just state that my cases and fees received. This month it will be a year since I submitted my AOS, and I?m impatiently waiting for the interview notice. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
              AOS PD 7/20/17, sent in 130 & 485 only
              Submitted EAD through AOS April 2018
              AOS approved April 2019

Comment

Hey all!

Here is a DACA user, Mr Diaz whose AOS process was quick and smooth. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...-spot?p=566293
                Good luck 👍😊
                Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                  Here is a DACA user, Mr Diaz whose AOS process was quick and smooth. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...-spot?p=566293
                  Good luck 👍😊
                  Thank you for that! Definitely gives me hope.. my lawyer said everything should be fine.. we provided more than enough evidence of our marriage and relationship.. how do some people get expedited and is that different from a priority date? I guess I can ask my lawyer these questions but I thought I?d ask here too..

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TX_runner View Post
                  I?m a DACA holder, but my 3rd DACA renewal is expiring next month. My USC husband and I, submit the AOS forms (130 & 145) last July 2017. I did not apply for the EAD through my original AOS forms because I incorrectly assumed the case would be processed before my DACA expired. I finally applied for a 765, this April and just today we called to have the case expedited, the agent was very helpful and said we should get an answer in 5 days. My cases have not received any updates, they just state that my cases and fees received. This month it will be a year since I submitted my AOS, and I?m impatiently waiting for the interview notice. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
                  You should be fine even if the DACA expires because you have a pending AOS application.. did you apply through an attorney? Also, if you don?t mind me asking where you?re filing from? They say that different centers have different backlogs...
                  12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

I am in the same boat as you girl! I am a Daca recipient since 2012. I married my U.S. citizen husband in 2013 applied for advance parole March 2017 and went back to Mexico Sept 2017 after 20 yrs! I applied for AOS May 2018 and so far my case said "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview" 6/12/18 and today it said " Fingerprint review was completed" 7/6/18. I have Hope it will all work out! My I-130 got approved in 2015. We got this girl! Keep faith strong

Comment

Yes!

Originally posted by DAIZ View Post
                      I am in the same boat as you girl! I am a Daca recipient since 2012. I married my U.S. citizen husband in 2013 applied for advance parole March 2017 and went back to Mexico Sept 2017 after 20 yrs! I applied for AOS May 2018 and so far my case said "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview" 6/12/18 and today it said " Fingerprint review was completed" 7/6/18. I have Hope it will all work out! My I-130 got approved in 2015. We got this girl! Keep faith strong
                      Hey that?s awesome! Hope everything is speedy for you! Please come back to this forum and keep us posted on your interview! Good luck! I didn?t know you could apply for I-130 by itself. Did you apply for the EAD/AP combo card concurrently with the I-485? I submitted everything at once so I?m really eager to hear back from USCIS about anything,. Right now I?m just waiting for them then to acknowledge receipt of of my applications and cash my checks!
                      12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

Got my NOAs today!

Got the 4 receipt notices today! Now waiting for the biometrics appt. letter!
                        12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

Daca to aos help

Got the 4 receipt notices today! Now waiting for the biometrics appt. letter!
                          Hello did you submit a I-130A?
                          When filling out some of the forms and it asks for your current status do you put DACA?

Comment

Originally posted by BAHAM92 View Post
                            Hello did you submit a I-130A?
                            When filling out some of the forms and it asks for your current status do you put DACA?
                            I had my lawyer fill out everything after I gave him all our info... I do know that yes, the forms said I am a DACA recipient under status, and used my A- number from when I received it after I was DACA approved.
                            12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

DACA recipient here too. Applied for DACA when it started in 2012. Latest renewal runs to June 2020. My work is sponsoring me, timeline below.
                              AOS EB-3 Employment Based
                              3/18/19 Filed I-485/I-765/I-131
                              3/19/19 Received by USCIS
                              5/3/19 USCIS sent receipt NOAs for I-485/I-765/I-131
                              5/9/19 NOAs in hand
                              5/10/10 Biometrics notice in hand
                              5/22/19 Biometrics completed
                              5/23/19 Fingerprint Review complete
                              8/20/19 Case ready to be scheduled for an interview
                              9/4/19 I-765 Card in Production
                              9/12/19 EAD Card in hand
                              10/22/19 Received Interview Scheduled Notification
                              11/27/19 Interview Date (Santa Ana) - Approved, Card in Production.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X