• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not have rescheduled!

Originally posted by Emerald 2020 View Post
    INTERVIEW RE-SCHEDULED

Hello All,
    Our interview scheduled for August 7,has to be reschedule and the letter will get to the field office on Monday from our Attorney's office.
    Reason our Attorney will be out of town for reasons beyond his control.

We have waited and prepared for this moment, but we will rather wait for him to appear with us for the interview and not go in alone.
    Hoping it will will not be a "forever waiting",for us to be rescheduled.
    Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get rescheduled?
    I have my EAD, I guess life can on with this for now.
    Any advise and opinion is welcome.
    Thank you.
    This is odd! You paid your lawyer to assist at all stages, then you reschedule the most significant stage because your lawyer will be out of town? Oh I am sure the lawyer made a self aggrandizing speech about how beneficial his 'sitting in' the interview will be, BUT IT'S A LIE.
    I would go on to the interview WITHOUT him or her. Collect all the evidence he has, add some more and go. Just note an interview officer will NEVER be asking a lawyer to answer any question on your behalf. It doesn't matter if your case is complicated or not. In fact having a lawyer in the meeting only makes the IO scrutinize more intensely as they anticipate that the lawyer wants to oppose.

Ask yourself this, why can't the lawyer send a LAW partner?

Why can't he reschedule his own 'out of town's plan?

Will the lawyer hand out an I485 approval notice to you? He CAN'T.

A lawyer's presence is NOT required, check USCIS website. If the interview is delayed, reached your immigration status will be the one on the table not his or hers. More complicated immigration laws will be available later when you reschedule.

An estimated 90percent of immihelp cases are DIY do it yourself and most have been highly successful.

Do the interview yourself.

All the best.
    7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
    10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
    7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
    8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
    5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Your Table of Content has been an excellent source of reference for many

INTERVIEW RE-SCHEDULED

Hello All,
      Our interview scheduled for August 7,has to be reschedule and the letter will get to the field office on Monday from our Attorney's office.

We have waited and prepared for this moment, but we will rather wait for him to appear with us for the interview and not go in alone.
      Thank you.
      Also, Emerald 2020, I am not sure you are aware of this, but your table of content has been a point of reference, among a list of others, for many individuals anticipating an interview. Essentially, people on this forum believe in what you have presented. I also believe you will do extremely well in your interview, with your partner, whether or not the lawyer shows up. All the best.
      7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
      10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
      7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
      8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
      5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

INTERVIEW RE-SCHEDULED

Hello All,

Thank you.
        As others have said, please consider doing your interview without the lawyer. Unless you've got a very complex case, just do it. It's not as bad as you paint the picture of the interview to be in your head, I promise.
        Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
        4-12: Arrived in Chicago
        4-14: Picked up by USCIS
        4-19: Email & text notifications received
        4-23: I-797 Receipts received
        4-27: Biometrics notice received
        5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
        5-11: Biometrics completed
        6-04: Interview scheduled
        6-09: Received interview letter
        7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
        7-13: Card was Mailed
        7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Agreed-Emerald 2020 should go

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
          As others have said, please consider doing your interview without the lawyer. Unless you've got a very complex case, just do it. It's not as bad as you paint the picture of the interview to be in your head, I promise.
          Indeed Tezza our preconception of the interview is magnified more than it actually is. I am even more concerned about the timing of the letter of request of rescheduling the interview. Based on the note as Emerald 2020 supplied, the letter will reach the office he said on Monday, August 6, 2018. The official date of the interview is August 7,2018. That to me is too close to be guaranteed. Will it be updated, or will USCIS state that the invitation was abandoned? Also will the USCIS accept the excuse as the 'lawyer' being out of state for reasons beyond his control as justification to reschedule interview?
          I hope Emerald 2020, goes, I feel it will be Very WELL.
          Last edited by Hotaru-Grace; 08-05-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

INTERVIEW RE-SCHEDULED

Hello All,

Thank you.
            Emerald 2020,

your attempt to reschedule is likely to snowball. Even if the letter gets there on Monday. There is no guarantee that the person in the mailroom will get to it right away. I am sure the San Bernardino office gets a lot of mail every day. No matter how many times your attorney may have stamped URGENT in red ink on that envelope - which I highly doubt. Your lawyer also did not call USCIS to create an SR requesting that your interview is rescheduled. You did not call either. Mailing a letter is not the way to do it; especially if the interview is just days away. I won't even ask if the lawyer is requesting to schedule for a "good reason" which USCIS even outlines on the USCIS policy manual. It states it's ALL up to the discretion of the officer.

You must attend your interview. You are not inadmissible in any way. Your lawyer does not need to be there. You have a bullet proof case. Your Table of Contents is the new standard. I have share the link to your Table of Contents with people on this forum AND vi$a j0urn3y. This is a textbook straightforward approval. Please, just go to your interview.

Since there is still a chance that the letter makes it there on time and that your officer opens it, I would follow procedure to reschedule, and call the NBC as outlined on your interview letter. Call and confirm that you are going to be there. You may have to revoke your lawyer's G-28. Escalate it to tier 2 and make sure that calls are made. By the way, the Los Angeles County Field Office handles interviews for the San bernardino office and two more offices.

Please make every effort to cancel that request. You do not need to. You will likely be approved on the spot.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              Emerald 2020,

your attempt to reschedule is likely to snowball. Even if the letter gets there on Monday. There is no guarantee that the person in the mailroom will get to it right away. I am sure the San Bernardino office gets a lot of mail every day. No matter how many times your attorney may have stamped URGENT in red ink on that envelope - which I highly doubt. Your lawyer also did not call USCIS to create an SR requesting that your interview is rescheduled. You did not call either. Mailing a letter is not the way to do it; especially if the interview is just days away. I won't even ask if the lawyer is requesting to schedule for a "good reason" which USCIS even outlines on the USCIS policy manual. It states it's ALL up to the discretion of the officer.

You must attend your interview. You are not inadmissible in any way. Your lawyer does not need to be there. You have a bullet proof case. Your Table of Contents is the new standard. I have share the link to your Table of Contents with people on this forum AND vi$a j0urn3y. This is a textbook straightforward approval. Please, just go to your interview.

Since there is still a chance that the letter makes it there on time and that your officer opens it, I would follow procedure to reschedule, and call the NBC as outlined on your interview letter. Call and confirm that you are going to be there. You may have to revoke your lawyer's G-28. Escalate it to tier 2 and make sure that calls are made. By the way, the Los Angeles County Field Office handles interviews for the San bernardino office and two more offices.

Please make every effort to cancel that request. You do not need to. You will likely be approved on the spot.

All the best,

USCFFS
              Best advice you have given anyone here so far. I hope she/he listens to you and attend their interview with or without a lawyer. I would hate for their case to get complicated for nothing.

Comment

More proof lawyers are useless. Thats all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by cali2018 View Post
                  More proof lawyers are useless. Thats all I got.
                  Right on the money. And it's about money - probably. If the lawyer does not go to the interview, then he/she does not get to attribute Emerald 2020's success to his counsel. You would have a DYIer (do-it-yourself-er) show that his/her presence was not necessary after all.

Comment

I hope she will see it and will make necessary calls and will attend the interview!

My interview is tomorrow as well, was hoping for a last moment advise to find and i see "reschedule" ;(

Lawyers are useless, some time even for complicated cases. They are not responsible for mess up!
                    Field Office: Houston, TX
                    PD: Nov 14, 2016
                    Fingerprints: Dec 15, 2016
                    Ready to schedule for interview: Jan 07, 2017
                    Interview letter issued: Jul 03, 2018
                    Interview scheduled: Aug 07,2018 9:35 am
                    Interview was from 10.30 to 11.00 am
                    Approved: Aug 07,2018 3:30 pm

Comment

Sending you lots of butterflies of hope, peace, relaxation and joy

Originally posted by Houston2016 View Post
                      I hope she will see it and will make necessary calls and will attend the interview!

My interview is tomorrow as well, was hoping for a last moment advise to find and i see "reschedule" ;(

Lawyers are useless, some time even for complicated cases. They are not responsible for mess up!
                      Hello:

You will do well on your interview. I came off immihelp a day or two before the interview and just chilled. You will do excellently. Go in with a positive attitude, smile, make eye contact, relax. You will do excellently.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
                        Hello:

You will do well on your interview. I came off immihelp a day or two before the interview and just chilled. You will do excellently. Go in with a positive attitude, smile, make eye contact, relax. You will do excellently.

All the best.

Great Family, we have in this forum! I do sincerely appreciate all your concern and comments.
                        We don't have reasons for using an attorney in the first place. But the religious organizations I belong to once petition for me as a religious worker and they didn't use the service of an attorney and it was denied. Based on some technicalities that an attorney would have pointed out to the organization. (It was just at the petition stage, no adjustment of status was filed then)

The religious worker petition was filed before I got married, and was denied after I got married.(So we are already married before it was denied,so our marriage was not an after thought).

We don't want to take any chances because of the previous petition denied. Reason we hire an attorney and put out a lot of work into our preparations. We cannot afford to take this exercise lightly.

We would have love to go in tomorrow but we want to get everything right with this one shot I have. Taking into consideration the religious petition that was previously denied. We don't want that to be a clog on our way. If anything comes up during the interview on that petition denied and I cannot handle it, our attorney will be there to make notes and respond appropriately. Just to be safe.

The attorney was sick, and the request to reschedule was hand delivered at the San Bernardino field office a while ago at the 2nd floor. The Supervisor approved it and told us to expect a new letter in the mail. A copy that was taken there was stamped,signed and date for our future reference.

It's a hard decision for us to reschedule,having seeing all the positive energy display here. But we just have to.

Thank you all for your sincere concern,comment and help.
                        PD: 01/02/18
                        4 NOA Form I-797C received :01/08/18
                        Received biometrics appointment notice: 01/12/18
                        Biometrics appointment: 01/29/18 (walk-in)
                        InfoPas: SB field office 04/18/18
                        Contact the congressman 04/20/18
                        RFE received: 04/27/18
                        RFE response :06/19/18
                        Interview Scheduled notification 07/03/18
                        AP approval notice :07/05/18
                        EAD approval notice: 07/05/18
                        SSN received in the mail 07/18/18
                        Notice EAD being produce 07/19/18
                        Interview Date: 08/07/18

Field office San Bernardino

Comment

I accept-will still celebrate with you until then

Great Family, we have in this forum! I do sincerely appreciate all your concern and comments.
                          We don't have reasons for using an attorney in the first place. But the religious organizations I belong to once petition for me as a religious worker and they didn't use the service of an attorney and it was denied. Based on some technicalities that an attorney would have pointed out to the organization. (It was just at the petition stage, no adjustment of status was filed then)

The religious worker petition was filed before I got married, and was denied after I got married.(So we are already married before it was denied,so our marriage was not an after thought).

We don't want to take any chances because of the previous petition denied. Reason we hire an attorney and put out a lot of work into our preparations. We cannot afford to take this exercise lightly.

We would have love to go in tomorrow but we want to get everything right with this one shot I have. Taking into consideration the religious petition that was previously denied. We don't want that to be a clog on our way. If anything comes up during the interview on that petition denied and I cannot handle it, our attorney will be there to make notes and respond appropriately. Just to be safe.

The attorney was sick, and the request to reschedule was hand delivered at the San Bernardino field office a while ago at the 2nd floor. The Supervisor approved it and told us to expect a new letter in the mail. A copy that was taken there was stamped,signed and date for our future reference.

It's a hard decision for us to reschedule,having seeing all the positive energy display here. But we just have to.

Thank you all for your sincere concern,comment and help.

Hello Emerald 2020

Thank you for responding. Yes fear of the unknown does drive us to be proactive, yet in the eyes of others there was no doubt of your impending victory. Nonetheless, the ultimate decision rested in your hand. This delay may very well be in your favor. In our case if that were our route ( to reschedule), the delay would have helped us to pass our 2 year wedding anniversary then it would be a HALLELUJAH and an embrace of a 10 year green card.

I respect your decision and hasten to encourage you that if you have an EAD please still renew in time. All will be well. All the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
                            Hello Emerald 2020

Thank you for responding. Yes fear of the unknown does drive us to be proactive, yet in the eyes of others there was no doubt of your impending victory. Nonetheless, the ultimate decision rested in your hand. This delay may very well be in your favor. In our case if that were our route ( to reschedule), the delay would have helped us to pass our 2 year wedding anniversary then it would be a HALLELUJAH and an embrace of a 10 year green card.

I respect your decision and hasten to encourage you that if you have an EAD please still renew in time. All will be well. All the very best.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your soothing encouragement and everyone in this great community. All evidence of bona-fide marriage that we put together that is being talk about and refer to, was learnt from this forum. I take credit for nothing.
                            My EAD is brand new, less than 3 weeks old, sure I know in the next couple of months we will be called for the interview.
                            For now let me focus on job hunting, while the interview holiday last.
                            Love you all.
                            PD: 01/02/18
                            4 NOA Form I-797C received :01/08/18
                            Received biometrics appointment notice: 01/12/18
                            Biometrics appointment: 01/29/18 (walk-in)
                            InfoPas: SB field office 04/18/18
                            Contact the congressman 04/20/18
                            RFE received: 04/27/18
                            RFE response :06/19/18
                            Interview Scheduled notification 07/03/18
                            AP approval notice :07/05/18
                            EAD approval notice: 07/05/18
                            SSN received in the mail 07/18/18
                            Notice EAD being produce 07/19/18
                            Interview Date: 08/07/18

Field office San Bernardino

Comment

Have they notified you of a new date yet?

Comment

im eager to hear if the proof of join youtube account will be a deciding factor
                                man i cant think of anything missing from that list.
                                This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
                                122017 - PD
                                012518 - Biometrics
                                033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
                                062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                                082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
                                090418 - 2nd we scheduled
                                091018 - first interview canceled
                                092118 - Request to reschedule int
                                102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
                                030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
                                040219 - We canceled your int
                                040519 - Int sched
                                051419 - Interview
                                053119 - approved

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X