Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Examination Expires Before Interview - Please Help

Hello,

We just received the interview date for our I-485 AOS application (for NIW). Our medical records will expires (about 3 weeks past its 1 year validation) by the time we show up for our interview. Our lawyer told us we shouldn't send a new one and we have to wait for USCIS to ask us. However, I read different opinions on different immigraion websites. Do you have any suggestion on that?

Medical Examination Date: July 25, 2017
    Interview Date: August 14, 2018

Originally posted by mmsh View Post
    Hello,

We just received the interview date for our I-485 AOS application (for NIW). Our medical records will expires (about 3 weeks past its 1 year validation) by the time we show up for our interview. Our lawyer told us we shouldn't send a new one and we have to wait for USCIS to ask us. However, I read different opinions on different immigraion websites. Do you have any suggestion on that?

I made an account just to respond to you. I have no idea how your lawyer told you that you won't need it. I just had my interview, my medical was expired and I did a new one which they requested it on the interview. My advice, go to uscis.com find a doctor and have your medical for your interview. Otherwise they will RFE you, and you'll wait more time to receive your GC. Good luck!

Comment

Better to be prepared than not

Hello,

My initial medical examination date was June 15, 2017.
      My interview date is July 31, 2018.

As soon as I got the interview notice I made an appointment with the civil surgeon nearest me and of course, based on the list from USCIS medical doctors link. In fact, I just collected the sealed results yesterday July 16, 2018 and asked for a copy of the actual lab-work results. So I will take the sealed copy definitely to the interview. There were no RFEs at all in our application process since we submitted (I130, I130A, I485, I765, I864) on July 18, 2017 and at this stage in the process my hubz and I do not wish to have any.

It seems you might be worried about the cost of the medical. From my own experience it was considerably less, well my first including vaccinations was $185-doctor used it as annual checkup and got the health insurance to cover it. However, this time I did not have to do any vaccines as those were done during the initial medical, just take a copy of that and your immunization card to the doctor. So I searched for the cheapest doctor-$150. The fee covered all the USCIS required STI tests and TB. The doctor was so warm and gave me general advice as if I was a regular patient; some doctor's just treat the immigration medical as a business transaction.

All the best. Re-do your medical just in case. Find the cheapest USCIS designated doctor
      7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
      10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
      7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
      8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
      5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Hello,

We just received the interview date for our I-485 AOS application (for NIW). Our medical records will expires (about 3 weeks past its 1-year validation) by the time we show up for our interview. Our lawyer told us we shouldn't send a new one and we have to wait for USCIS to ask us. However, I read different opinions on different immigration websites. Do you have any suggestion on that?

I made this mistake as well, did the medical exam before I submitted all my paperwork, not knowing (after reading this forum) that it's more common to not do it and get it done before you have to go on your interview.
        I'm hoping mine won't expire before I have my interview but if they do, I will definitely get a new one before going to the interview.
        This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
        122017 - PD
        012518 - Biometrics
        033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
        062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
        082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
        090418 - 2nd we scheduled
        091018 - first interview canceled
        092118 - Request to reschedule int
        102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
        030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
        040219 - We canceled your int
        040519 - Int sched
        051419 - Interview
        053119 - approved

Comment

You just don't want to risk it. Getting to your interview and then having a decision held up because of that. I'd advise getting one done asap.
          Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
          4-12: Arrived in Chicago
          4-14: Picked up by USCIS
          4-19: Email & text notifications received
          4-23: I-797 Receipts received
          4-27: Biometrics notice received
          5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
          5-11: Biometrics completed
          6-04: Interview scheduled
          6-09: Received interview letter
          7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
          7-13: Card was Mailed
          7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Hello,

This topic has been discussed extensively on this forum. You have 1 year to submit your I-693 from the date it is completed. Then, the I-693 remains valid for 1 year from the date it was received by USCIS for adjudication purposes.
            Example:

07-25-17 I-693 completed
            09-01-17 I-693 received by USCIS along with I-485.
            07-25-18 1 year deadline to submit I-693 from date I-693 was completed
            09-01-18 1 year deadline for adjudication purposes - from the date USCIS received I-693.

Since you didn't post a timeline, I am unable to determine when your I-693 expires. You can figure out yourself, though.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
              You just don't want to risk it. Getting to your interview and then having a decision held up because of that. I'd advise getting one done asap.
              I had the exact same question as you.

It seem that the year starts counting on the PD ( the Date the USCI received your application)

Long story short, i ended up getting a new one. I googled the cheapest office nearby. With the political climate and the work load that USCI is under, you want to avoid any delay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X