Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD expedite request not approved

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    I would file a complaint with the office of the inspector general. You will give them the time of your call and the phone number you called from. They will investigate. That's why it's important to take the representative's ID in the beginning of the call. Asking for a supervisor at the call center is pointless. You will just get a customer service supervisor.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...finitions.html
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I received an email this morning that USCIS is still reviewing my case and that no updates were made on my case since Nov 1st, 2018. So I decided to call them again since no one asked memfor supporting evidence.

Turns out my expedite request was rejected. The officer who I talked to put the case into a financial hardship as I requested but the reasoning was only due to a job offer. The upsetting part is that I had medical issues and bills to prove it which the officer didn?t take a note of when we spoke. So based on the fact that the reasoning of my financial hardship was only a job offer. I got rejected. Without even requesting the supporting evidence of my situation.

Agh. This is so frustrating. I requested to have my EAD expedited again and made officer read my reasoning out loud so that we can avoid this again.

Good luck with the entire process to everyone.
    Last edited by Chroustek; 11-15-2018, 01:01 PM. Reason: Better wording
    Married to USC - AoS
    Filing from New York City

Priority Date: Oct 1st, 2018
    Notice of BIO Appointment: Oct 8th, 2018
    Biometrics Appointment: Oct 31st, 2018
    Card in Production: Dec 17th, 2018
    Card was Mailed to me: Dec 19th, 2018
    Received Combo Card: Dec 24th, 2018

Comment

• Ead

Has enyone who filed in July got their EAD yet?
      I saw some people that filed in June already had done their interview already, and we july filers seem to be stuck with our EAD process.
      Salt Lake City-UT
      07/24/18- Documents received
      11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
      12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
      12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
      01/14- Credit Card was charged
      01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
      01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
      01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
      01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
      02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
      07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
      08/31-EAD in hands
      10/22- Interview (approved)

Comment

• Job title different I485 vs I140

Hi everyone!

New to this forum and have a dilemma:
        My lawyers filed for my I140 & I485 concurrently on July 23rd.
        However, with a reorg my job title change for data analyst to integration manager, with no significant change in duties but more like an expansion to service more teams.
        Hence it was deemed to continue the process with the data analyst role.

However, in my employment history section under the I485 form, I have truthfully mentioned the title change and I am worried that it will contradict the I140 form filed under the data analyst job title.
        Also the title change happened in August so not so far off from the date of filing.
        I just got an approval of my I140 on Nov 5th and realized this.

I would be really grateful if someone can advise me on this.
        Been trying to get hold of my lawyer since the past week but wanted to reach out to see what people have experienced.

Thank you!

Comment

• Ead

Originally posted by NSTJ18 View Post
          I saw some people that filed in June already had done their interview already, and we july filers seem to be stuck with our EAD process.
          Hi there!
          I received my EAD combo card about four days ago.
          Application to USCIS was recieved around the 17th of July and had biometrics done two weeks after applying here in Texas.
          My application was based on marriage to a USC. I did not request an expedite or receive any RFE for anything and I hired a Local Lawyer to assist with the application.
          The wait was long but it came in the mail very suddenly - took me by surprise!
          Best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by canadianRN View Post
            I filed July 13, 2018 at NBC, marriage based, and expedited my EAD through congressman. I received the notification that my new card is being produced today 11/14/2018.
            Hey, did your EAD card get mailed yet? Mine went in production yesterday, 11/15.
            RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
            10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
            10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
            10/22 - Early bio walk-in
            11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
            11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
            01/13/2020 - Interview
            01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSTJ18 View Post
              I got lucky and got mine back in September. See my sig for the timeline...
              EB1C Filing / NBC

2018-07-26 - Filed I-140/I-485/I-131/I-765
              2018-08-10 - Received Receipt Notices
              2018-08-16 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
              2018-08-27 - Biometrics taken
              2018-08-27 - Biometrics review completed
              2018-08-31 - I-131/I-765 Case Approved
              2018-09-05 - Received Approval Notices for EAD and AP
              2018-09-08 - Received Combo Card

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkPH View Post
                I got lucky and got mine back in September. See my sig for the timeline...
                That is awesome!
                They received my case on 07/23 and my biometrics were taken only on 08/30. I received a RFIE. I wonder if that slowed down my process, but I did send the requested documents right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Reason View Post
                Hi there!
                I received my EAD combo card about four days ago.
                Application to USCIS was recieved around the 17th of July and had biometrics done two weeks after applying here in Texas.
                My application was based on marriage to a USC. I did not request an expedite or receive any RFE for anything and I hired a Local Lawyer to assist with the application.
                The wait was long but it came in the mail very suddenly - took me by surprise!
                Best of luck!
                Thank you!
                Congratulations! one less thing to worry about.
                I did receive a RFIE and I think that might be why my process is stuck.
                Salt Lake City-UT
                08/31-EAD in hands

Comment

• My case was rejected

I just got an update saying that my case was rejected because we didn't pay, which is not true. the note says that they sent a notification about it. We never received on the mail.
                  The strange thing is that the biometrics and the RFE were done after the date they said they mailed us a request for payment. I am devasted, upset, angry, and lost. I don't know what to do.
                  Salt Lake City-UT
                  08/31-EAD in hands

Comment

• EAD/Parole

Hi folks,

I’m in the process of AoS and my timeline is:

PD: 10/07/2018
                    Receipt: 07/23/2018
                    Fingerprinted: 08/07/2018
                    Ready to Schedule an Interview: 11/09/2018
                    National Benefits Center
                    Same sex marriage.

It’s been 131 days since I sent the documents and nothing ever changed. My question would be: if it goes over than 180 days what would be the steps since it would be outside processing time?

I wanna go to my country with my husband and get together with my family there with him, also I want to work but I have absolutely no idea when it will come.

Comment

• EAD Approval

Hey guys! My I-765 approval and my social security card just arrived in the mail today. I was wondering why the SSN came in first before the EAD? Is this normal?

Nov 14 - card is being produced
                      Nov 15 - i-765 is approved

No update as of today.

I also applied for AP but my case is still CASE RECEIVED.
                      C9 AOS
                      NBC - FO-Newark, NJ

July 16 - sent via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
                      July 18 - received by USCIS
                      July 25 - e-mail/SMS notification
                      July 30 - Form 797 via mail
                      Aug 3 - biometrics for 8/16 via mail
                      Aug 11 - courtesy letter for i-693
                      Aug 16 - biometrics done
                      Aug 21 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Comment

• Originally posted by bronxfiller View Post
                        Hi folks,

I?m in the process of AoS and my timeline is:

PD: 10/07/2018
                        Receipt: 07/23/2018
                        Fingerprinted: 08/07/2018
                        Ready to Schedule an Interview: 11/09/2018
                        National Benefits Center
                        Same sex marriage.

It?s been 131 days since I sent the documents and nothing ever changed. My question would be: if it goes over than 180 days what would be the steps since it would be outside processing time?

I wanna go to my country with my husband and get together with my family there with him, also I want to work but I have absolutely no idea when it will come.
                        Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by bronxfiller View Post
                          Anyone?
                          I doubt that it will take 180 days. However, once the Case Inquiry date is 10/08/18, you will be able to submit aa "outside processing times" Service Request (SR). I would enlist the help of your U.S Senator, Congressperson and/or Ombudsman. (In that order).

You may request to expedite if you have a job offer and/or evidence of financial hardship.

Comment

• TImeline

(c)9 AOS; PD 07-11-18; Marriage to USC|Filed through a local licensed attorney| Los Angeles Field Office
                            08-10 - Biometrics appointment completed
                            08-11 - Bio reviewed + case still processing
                            10-24 - Case Ready to be scheduled for interview
                            11-09 - I-765 New Card being produced
                            11-13 - I-130 and I-765 Cases Approved
                            11-15 - Card Mailed
                            11-17 - Approval Notices for I-765 and I-130 received in mail
                            11-19 - Combo Card in Hand plus replacement Social Security Card

Submitted copious wedding photos, some photos of us before we were married (We got married in the beginning of this year and then filed in July) joint bank statement, rental agreement, car insurance, marriage certificate before reading most of this thread. Putting together and gathering a lot more for our interview - additional joint bank account, joint tax return for this year, financial power of attorney, advanced health care directive, and more detailed timeline of our relationship including more pictures from when we met in 2017 until the week of the actual interview when we eventually get an interview date.

It's been a lot of patience so far and we are praying for more of the same leading up to the interview. Stay strong guys - one day at a time!

Comment

• Finally!!!

Originally posted by TropicalDreams View Post
                              Hey guys! My I-765 approval and my social security card just arrived in the mail today. I was wondering why the SSN came in first before the EAD? Is this normal?

Nov 14 - card is being produced
                              Nov 15 - i-765 is approved

No update as of today.

I also applied for AP but my case is still CASE RECEIVED.
                              Finally!!! I've been waiting for this. My case status for I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) has been updated to "New Card Is Being Produced". So how long will it take for me to receive the card in hand? Also, I applied for I-131 (Application for Travel Document), but case status is still in "Case Was Received", you think EAD and AP usually comes in combo card? One last question, so since I am adjusting from B2 visa, once I receive my EAD card, that's the time that I can go to Social Security office to apply for SSN? Or will they automatically mail it to me?
                              Adjusting from B2 visa

07/09/2018 Sent AOS Package
                              07/11/2018 Priority Date
                              07/30/2018 Biometrics Done
                              08/08/2018 Case status updated to "Interview Ready to be Scheduled"

USCIS Office: National Benefits Center (NBC)

Comment

• Originally posted by mari_elle View Post
                                Finally!!! I've been waiting for this. My case status for I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) has been updated to "New Card Is Being Produced". So how long will it take for me to receive the card in hand? Also, I applied for I-131 (Application for Travel Document), but case status is still in "Case Was Received", you think EAD and AP usually comes in combo card? One last question, so since I am adjusting from B2 visa, once I receive my EAD card, that's the time that I can go to Social Security office to apply for SSN? Or will they automatically mail it to me?
                                Wow Congratulations!
                                Good you got it, I have been waiting for mine too in 116days now since they got my application

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X