i130 interview, adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i130 interview, adjustment

Hi everyone, So my husband and I have our appointment next week and wanted to know exactly what to worry about and what not to worry about and what to bring. I was previously married and filed for a spouse but it was denied in 2013, I then married my now husband in 2015 and we're expecting and wondering if this past denial will affect me if at all regarding this new petition seeing I didn't get this far last time and I wasn't expecting, I'm about 8months pregnant and freaking out. any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by SallyG; 07-23-2018, 05:55 PM.

Originally posted by SallyG View Post
    Hi everyone, So my husband and I have our appointment next week and wanted to know exactly what to worry about and what not to worry about and what to bring. I was previously married and filed for a spouse but it was denied in 2013, I then married my now husband in 2015 and we're expecting and wondering if this past denial will affect me if at all regarding this new petition seeing I didn't get this far last time and I wasn't expecting, I'm about 8months pregnant and freaking out. any help would be greatly appreciated
    The denial may or may bot be an issue, depending on the reason. If for example, it was found that you did not meet the amount of money to sponsor your spouse, that wouldn't be a problem Of your case was found fraudalent, they may scrutinize the case.

I had an interview las week and I wasnt asked any personal questions. It depends on the IO. If your marriage is legit, you shouldn't be worried.

Comment

What was there reasoning for the denial?
      3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
      4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
      4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
      4/27/18 - biometrics complete
      7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
      8/10/18 - EAD in Production
      8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
      8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

Originally posted by josger View Post
        The denial may or may bot be an issue, depending on the reason. If for example, it was found that you did not meet the amount of money to sponsor your spouse, that wouldn't be a problem Of your case was found fraudalent, they may scrutinize the case.

I had an interview las week and I wasnt asked any personal questions. It depends on the IO. If your marriage is legit, you shouldn't be worried.
        The other case was denied because he didn?t meet the removal waivers of course my marriage is legit I guess pregnancy is making me worry more

Comment

The other case was denied because he didn?t meet the removal waivers of course my marriage is legit I guess pregnancy is making me worry more
          I would probably make sure that the previous petition is closed. I would bring proof of your divorce to the upcoming interview. If there are any loose ends from that previous case, I would be prepared to answer questions about it. I would actually show up with a lawyer. You married shortly after divorcing your previous husband. All I am saying is be prepared for everything and anything. Don't just be prepared for the questions that we've asked you on this forum. You didn't provide much info. So people will give you advice based on that. We should not have to ask you 100 questions. You should volunteer whatever info people may need to give you meaningful advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X