Information on South Australia Permanent Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on South Australia Permanent Residence

I currently live in the United States and I got my Australian PR in Aug 2016 and I entered only once. I want to move to Adelaide only after I finish my 5 years visa in the US, that is Apr 2021. I can still see my PR is still active in VIVO. I have some questions.

2) I understand that I can still enter, stay and work in AU before 2021. Suppose I move to AU in Jan 2021, what happens after Apr 2021? That will mark my complete 5 years of PR.

3) Do I need to renew my PR?

4) Do I need to reapply and go thru the whole PR process again?

5) What if I need to go to my home country and come back, can I re-enter?

6) How long does it take to get citizenship?

7) Do I need to be in South Australia in order to obtain citizenship? Or I can live anywhere in Australia and still be eligible for citizenship?

8) Can I renew my PR while I am still in Australia?

Originally posted by deepakgyandev View Post
    I currently live in the United States and I got my Australian PR in Aug 2016 and I entered only once. I want to move to Adelaide only after I finish my 5 years visa in the US, that is Apr 2021. I can still see my PR is still active in VIVO. I have some questions.

2) I understand that I can still enter, stay and work in AU before 2021. Suppose I move to AU in Jan 2021, what happens after Apr 2021? That will mark my complete 5 years of PR.

3) Do I need to renew my PR?

4) Do I need to reapply and go thru the whole PR process again?

5) What if I need to go to my home country and come back, can I re-enter?

6) How long does it take to get citizenship?

7) Do I need to be in South Australia in order to obtain citizenship? Or I can live anywhere in Australia and still be eligible for citizenship?

8) Can I renew my PR while I am still in Australia?
    This website deals with USA immigration
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

No, there is a forum below for Australia / New Zealand, scroll down further on main forum page
      Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
      Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
      Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

1. Your Australian Permanent Residency (PR) remains active, allowing you to enter, stay, and work in Australia before April 2021, which marks the completion of your initial 5-year visa period.
        2. After April 2021, you can continue residing in Australia as a permanent resident without renewing your PR as long as you meet the residency requirement.
        3. No, you don't need to renew your PR after the initial five years.
        4. If you've met the residency requirement, you do not need to reapply or go through the entire PR process again.
        5. If you visit your home country, you can generally re-enter Australia as a permanent resident, provided your PR is valid and meets re-entry requirements.
        6. The time it takes to attain Australian citizenship varies, but usually requires a minimum of four years as a permanent resident before applying.
        7. You don't need to reside specifically in South Australia to obtain citizenship. You can live anywhere in Australia and still be eligible for citizenship.
        8. You cannot renew your PR in Australia; PR renewals are typically done outside Australia. However, as stated earlier, you won't need to renew your PR after the initial five years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X