All NYC Filers..... let's talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone,

I just want to thank everyone on this forum. The information in this forum is simply invaluable. I couldn't have done it without.

I was approved yesterday and the process for me took about 5 months and a couple of days. Below you will find my interview.

I-130 & I-485
    Adjustment of Status - Marriage based - DACA Recipient
    11/16/2018 - Priority Date
    12/03/2018 - Biometrics Done - Walked In
    12/19/2018 - Case Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview
    03/11/2019 - Interview Scheduled
    04/22/2019 - Interview Done - Approved on spot
    04/22/2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

We arrived at the Federal Plaza building about 45 minutes before the interview(better early than late).
    We waited about 30 minutes before we were called.
    Once inside the interview was straight forward.

First we were asked for our documents(passports) and then went on to ask for supporting documents which I was a bit confused about since we sent everything to them.

I had a copy of everything I sent with me on a folder, I handed them all our supporting documents(marriage license, receipts, health insurance, photos, tax returns)
    Once we got past that everything was great. The interviewer was amazing. It was like having a conversation. He did ask us questions but it didn't feel as if I was being interrogated but more as if we were having a conversation which was great. I felt comfortable throughout.

We were asked basic questions for example:

How I entered country?
    How we met?
    What was our address?
    When we got married?
    If we had kids?
    If we went on our honeymoon?

During this question, I answered that we didn't go on a honeymoon because we wanted to go to Greece and I couldn't go and he answered that after today we won't have any excuses. Such a relieve.

My experience was great and I don't think how it could have gone any better. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I filed from NY, Queens.
    AOS - Marriage based
    I-130 & I-485
    11/15/2018 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    11/16/2018 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
    11/21/2018 - I-797 Received Notification
    11/24/2018 - I-797 NOA Received in Mailbox
    12/01/2018 - Received Biometrics NOA in Mailbox
    12/03/2018 - Biometrics done (Walk-In)
    12/19/2018 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An interview
    03/11/2019 - Interview has been Scheduled

Comment

• Hey, fellow New Yorkers!

Just getting my application package ready (married to USC) and I'm so happy I found this forum. So much helpful info and also a bit overwhelming.

I am organizing my documents into three "sub-packages" (which I will send in one mailing, of course)
      1. Forms I-130&I-130A with supporting documents
      2. Forms I-485 , G-325, I-864 with supporting documents
      3. Form I-765 with supporting documents.

Question: to which package do I attach my I-131 form? Since the employment authorization card has the travel parole mention on it, I am thinking this form should go into my sub-package 3. Is that correct?

Please advise.
      Thanks

Comment

• Hello

I have received an RFE to submit the I-693 in person at Federal Plaza from 7 am to 12pm. It is not an in review.
        I wonder if anybody have had this experience that want to share.

Thank you.
        10/22/18 PD
        10/29/18 NOA
        11/02/18 BIO NOA
        11/23/18 BIO APP
        02/28/19 COURTESY LETTER I-693
        05/01/19 EAD CARD IN PRODUCTION Brooklyn, NY
        05/06/19 EAD picked up by USPS
        05/07/19 Posted EAD tracking number from USPS
        05/08/19 letter to handle in person I-693 in local office not interview letter
        05/09/19 EAD delivered.
        05/09/19 NOA received I-130 APPROVED
        06/14/19 DROP I-693 at immigration office NO INTERVIEW
        06/29/19 NOTIFICATION GC IN PRODUCTION
        07/10/19 GC ON HAND ( still no change on dhs acct)

Comment

• Hello All,
          NYC filer here sharing timeline
          Married to USC on 11/1/2017
          Priority date 1/31/2018
          fingerprints 3/10/2018 ( Initial date was rescheduled due to weather)
          Ready to schedule for interview: 4/19/2018
          Received EAD and AP: 9/7/ 2018
          Name changed: 11/15/2018 ( wife changed her last name to mine)
          Interview notice: 5/15/2019
          Interview date: 6/19/2019
          Now hoping for a smooth interview. Wife is pregnant and due a week after interview. We'll go to Federal Plaza and she will look huge. My only concern is that I've been married before, I filed and withdrew it a year and half later. But we have a pretty solid case I believe. Lease, insurance ( she added me to hers) family pictures, joint account, 2 years tax return, gifts and card for our baby shower etc...
          The only thing I am worried about is my previous immigration status and case I personally withdrew. Hopefully I'll get a 10 yrs GC and no conditional GC. We'll be on our first year and 8th month of marriage plus a baby coming .

Comment

• All the best for your interview and thank you for sharing. Good to see that people with priority date in 2018 are getting interviewed in New York (besides Queens filers who have been getting interviews so quickly!).

Comment

• Thanks and No problem. I am in Brooklyn.

Comment

• Hello everyone! I'm so happy to find this online community. It makes the waiting time more calming and it gives me a lot of hope.

Anyway, I finally received my EAD after almost 7 months since priority date. Yay!

I know that the processing time for i485 in NYC can take up to 2 years, but it seems like some of you have been getting their interview scheduled 6-10 months after priority date? That's so amazing.

My case has been "ready to be scheduled" since 2 months ago. I am hopeful that my interview will be scheduled sooner than later.

Comment

• Hello fellow New Yorkers!

I read that some of you were scheduled for an interview after 6-12 months of waiting! That’s really cool because I know that the normal wait time is 20 months+. How likely is it that some of us will be scheduled sooner than later? Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

• What is the priority date of recent interviewees whose field office was Manhattan ?

Comment

• anyone from Queens?
                      anyone have a idea about how long will be between ready for interview and interview scheduled?
                      thx.

Comment

• February filer long island NY. Got my ead/ap mailed to me yesterday. Interview is scheduled for july 18th at the Holtsville field office.

Comment

• Brooklyn seems to be going on Feb 2018. The last I read for Manhattan was October 2017 PD being interviewed. Queens is already interviewing 2019.

Our lease is ending soon, and I was wondering how it works if we move to Queens. Will the application go to the back of the new office line or in my best interest to keep staying put where we are (Manhattan; PD July 2018).

Comment

• I believe they will keep your records at the original field office you're designated to even if you move to a different borough.

It's amazing how quick it is in Queens! When did you read about Manhattan? Because if it's very recent then it looks like they are now on 20 months to complete the process. Normal processing time for Manhattan is usually around 18 months.

Comment

• I remember seeing in this forum or another website. Maybe I got a little confused.

It's heartbreaking to see the long timeline in Manhattan, and that just a few hundred feet away, you can get the entire process over in a few months, while we're waiting for much more than a year, close to two years.

Comment

• December 2018 Filer, No EAD or AP yet. But Interview Scheduled on May 22, 2019 and the Scheduled interview is on July 18th Holtsville, NY. I'm a Long Island Filer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X