6/17: RFE
    8/01: RFE received
    8/15: ready for interview
    8/16: interview was scheduled
    8/23: received the letter, interview on 9/30

Comment

• Hi,
      PD July 2018
      Manhattan NYC, just received an email saying interview has been scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalokapal View Post
        Hi,
        PD July 2018
        Manhattan NYC, just received an email saying interview has been scheduled.
        Finally!! Best of luck.

Comment

• Hi guys, NYC filer here...
          Queens

Marriage date: April 2013
          Filed paperwork in April 2019
          Received Date: April 19, 2019
          Bio appointment: May 15 2019
          765: As of May 16, review of fingerprints completed
          130: April 19, we received....
          485: August 2: Online status showed interview is ready to schedule
          August 5: Received letter - Interview scheduled for 09/12/19
          August 7: Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered
          Received notice a few days later in the mail.

No movement since. I know mine went relatively quick but should I reach out and ask on status? It was cancelled over a month ago and the original date of interview passed already. So confused as there is no update at all since.
          4/19 - RD (485, 130, 765)
          5/15 - Bio date
          8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
          8/2 - Interview scheduled
          8/7 - online update interview cancelled
          9/23 EAD exp.
          10/21 - EAD received in mail
          02/09 - interview scheduled

130 - no updates since 4/25/19 (receipt notice)

Comment

• Hi guys, my interview is on Monday sept 23rd. I’ve gotten everything but somehow forgot about the certified copy of marriage certificate. Does anyone know how long it takes to get that? We got married in Bronx botanical garden but live in manhattan. Which city of clerk office should I visit? Thank you sooo much in advance I’m freaking out I won’t be able to get the certified copy in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by L&A View Post
              Hi guys, my interview is on Monday sept 23rd. I’ve gotten everything but somehow forgot about the certified copy of marriage certificate. Does anyone know how long it takes to get that? We got married in Bronx botanical garden but live in manhattan. Which city of clerk office should I visit? Thank you sooo much in advance I’m freaking out I won’t be able to get the certified copy in time.
              call 311 to verify but I believe you can. Just make sure you go the right record office thats holding your records.
              5/15 - Bio date
              8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
              9/23 EAD exp.

Comment

• Manhattan Field Office
                Marriage based i485
                PD April 4, 2018
                Interview scheduled October 31
                Last edited by lts63; 10-05-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• November 2018 filer in Manhattan. Received a notice today that my interview was scheduled. Pretty quick considering it usually takes 1.5 years to get an interview scheduled in Manhattan.

Comment

• Really 1.5 years to get an interview?

Comment

• Manhattan Field Office
                      Marriage based i485
                      PD April 4, 2018
                      Interview scheduled October 31
                      GC approved October 31

Comment

• How long does it usually take the Long Island field office to schedule an interview after the “case is ready for schedule” ?

Comment

• Hello NYC filers,
                          I did AOS- marriage based, my PD date was 06/10/2019 - Manhattan filer- and my process was pretty quick!

We just had our interview on Thursday (November 7th) and greencard approved yesterday (November 8th)!!

Our interview was re-routed to the Queens office 9th floor Federal Plaza, and then they sent us to the 4th floor. Very quick process overall (only 3 months!).

Hope this gives you guys some hope!

Comment

• imexhausted that's awesome news! Congrats! You're actually went by really fast. Did you front load your application?
                            I'm still waiting for my interview (which was scheduled in Aug and cancelled after) to be rescheduled. Queens filer.

Congrats again and thanks for sharing! Def. gave hope
                            5/15 - Bio date
                            8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
                            9/23 EAD exp.

Comment

• Hey guys! My GC was approved.

Our field office is in Manhattan, but was transferred to the Queens Field Office hence the shorter processing time for our case. Both Manhattan and Queens field offices are in Federal Plaza by the way. Boy are we LUCKY that our case got transferred!!!

Total processing time for me is exactly a year, when normally it is 1 year and 6-8 months for Manhattan filers. I read that a lot of Manhattan cases are being transferred to the Queens Field Office to minimize the work load of the Manhattan Field Office.

Feel free to read my interview experience here:

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/adjus...ncard-approved

Best of luck to everyone who are about to submit their applications and to those who are waiting for the interview. My advice is to front load your joint evidence, stay hopeful and trust the process!

Comment

• Hi everyone!

Just wanted to update that my GC got approved a few days ago. Like hopefulandhappy, I was surprised by the shorter processing time. I applied in August 2018 and received the interview notice in October 2019. My field office is Brooklyn. The interview itself was short and the officer did not ask us very many questions. We came prepared with two big binders of evidence (originals and photocopies) and used the ToC pinned in the I485 forum as a starting point to compile evidence.

Best of luck to everyone submitting applications and awaiting their interview date.
                                NBC filer
                                8/13/2018: Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 to Chicago (adjusting from J1, married to USC, based in NYC)
                                8/16/2018: PD
                                8/22/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received
                                9/10/2018: Received courtesy I-693 courtesy letter.
                                9/24/2018: Biometrics appointment
                                9/25/2018: Fingerprint Review Completed
                                12/27/2018: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                                03/01/2019: I-765 update on egov.uscis to "New Card is Produced."
                                03/04/2019: I-765 and I-131 updated on myaccount to "Case Was Approved."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X