All NYC Filers..... let's talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing times

It looks like the wait time in NYC area is a year and 7 months. Kind of long..

Comment

• Today I got the notification that the interview is scheduled
      AOS - Marriage based
      I-130 & I-485
      11/15/2018 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox
      11/16/2018 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
      11/21/2018 - I-797 Received Notification
      11/24/2018 - I-797 NOA Received in Mailbox
      12/01/2018 - Received Biometrics NOA in Mailbox
      12/03/2018 - Biometrics done (Walk-In)
      12/19/2018 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An interview
      03/11/2019 - Interview has been Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by ecrypto View Post
        Today I got the notification that the interview is scheduled
        Are you in Bklyn, Nyc or Queens?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyc_2018 View Post
          Are you in Bklyn, Nyc or Queens?
          Or even Long Island (quick one)?
          C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
          * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
          * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
          * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
          * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
          * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
          * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
          * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
          * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
          * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
          * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• I am in Queens. This is a lot faster than I thought!
            AOS - Marriage based
            I-130 & I-485
            11/15/2018 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox
            11/16/2018 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
            11/21/2018 - I-797 Received Notification
            11/24/2018 - I-797 NOA Received in Mailbox
            12/01/2018 - Received Biometrics NOA in Mailbox
            12/03/2018 - Biometrics done (Walk-In)
            12/19/2018 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An interview
            03/11/2019 - Interview has been Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by ecrypto View Post
              I am in Queens. This is a lot faster than I thought!
              My PD is 11/21/18, completed my biometrics on 12/19/18. Filed my marriage based GC (I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131) from Long Island. Have not heard about anything from USCIS.

Do you think this a normal time for Long Island filers?

Thank you in advance,

Comment

• Originally posted by empirer View Post
                My PD is 11/21/18, completed my biometrics on 12/19/18. Filed my marriage based GC (I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131) from Long Island. Have not heard about anything from USCIS.

Do you think this a normal time for Long Island filers?

Thank you in advance,
                Wow thats insanely fast! Nice to see someone getting a break

I got my update for Interview Scheduled yesterday - submitted 09/27/17

Comment

• Originally posted by outsidebones View Post
                  Wow thats insanely fast! Nice to see someone getting a break

I got my update for Interview Scheduled yesterday - submitted 09/27/17
                  Your Field Office is Holtsville, Long Island? So your interview scheduled after almost after 1.5 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by empirer View Post
                    Your Field Office is Holtsville, Long Island? So your interview scheduled after almost after 1.5 years?
                    I believe its Manhattan office. And yeah its been about 18 months so far

Comment

• NYC marathon

? PD. 08/01/2016
                      ?
                      ? I-130 case approved 04/19/2017
                      ? I-765 05/15/2017 Improperly Filed
                      ? I-485 05/15/2017 Incorrect Fee
                      ? Rejection Notice 05/21/2017 ? Incorrect Fee I-485 & I-765 and need to update I-485 form format
                      ? I-765 Case received and in process 05/21/2017
                      ? Sent correct fee & new form 05/23/2017 ( to Chicago,IL ? 1day xpress)
                      ? Received 05/24/2017
                      ? Request of evidence I-485 (translation of birth certificate)
                      ? BIOMETRICS NOTIFICATION LETTER 06/16/17
                      ? BIOMETRICS APPT 07/13/17
                      ? Evidence received 07/18/2017
                      ? Advance Parole Doc Produced 7/28/2017
                      ? EEA RECEIVED 09/15/17
                      ? ADVANCE PAROLE returned to USCIS Office by the Postal Service 09/16/17
                      ? Address change filed 09/18/17
                      * PAROLE received around 11/01/17
                      * Notification for INTERVIEW 12/03/18
                      * INTERVIEW @ NY Plaza Building 01/03/19:
                      The interview went pretty smooth. The female agent was super polite and nice, ask my spouse most of the questions regarding her name, my name, where
                      she works and doing what. We handed the official all the info/docs she asked for (birth certificate copies, pay stubs, rent stubs) but we brought and I recommend
                      BRINGING 2 SETS OF COPIES OF EVERYTHING, ALL THE AFFIDAVIT. They really appreciate and see how good prepared you are (she mentioned it). *if works
                      why not*
                      The officer said we were pre approved, just needed an update medical test for my spouse, but she told us not to worry. And she apologized about it.
                      * MEDICAL UPDATED TEST submitted at the same building (NY Plaza), we got a receipt of the document.
                      * GREEN CARD APPROVED/PRODUCED AND SENT 02/08/2019

Guys, is a LOOOOONG wait, but just hold on...it will come. I understand the feeling. We do and you are not alone.

Comment

• That was a LONG wait for you. Over 2 years!!!

Originally posted by JperezNY View Post
                        ? PD. 08/01/2016
                        ?
                        ? Rejection Notice 05/21/2017 ? Incorrect Fee I-485 & I-765 and need to update I-485 form format
                        ? Received 05/24/2017
                        ? EEA RECEIVED 09/15/17
                        The interview went pretty smooth. The female agent was super polite and nice, ask my spouse most of the questions regarding her name, my name, where
                        she works and doing what. We handed the official all the info/docs she asked for (birth certificate copies, pay stubs, rent stubs) but we brought and I recommend
                        BRINGING 2 SETS OF COPIES OF EVERYTHING, ALL THE AFFIDAVIT. They really appreciate and see how good prepared you are (she mentioned it). *if works
                        why not*
                        The officer said we were pre approved, just needed an update medical test for my spouse, but she told us not to worry. And she apologized about it.
                        * MEDICAL UPDATED TEST submitted at the same building (NY Plaza), we got a receipt of the document.

Guys, is a LOOOOONG wait, but just hold on...it will come. I understand the feeling. We do and you are not alone.
                        That was a LONG wait for you. Over 2 years!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JperezNY View Post
                          ? PD. 08/01/2016
                          ?
                          ? Received 05/24/2017
                          ? EEA RECEIVED 09/15/17
                          why not*

Thanks for sharing and all the best ❤️
                          C9 Spouse of USC
                          NYC Filer
                          04/13/18 - PD
                          05/04/18 - Bio notice
                          05/23/18 - Bio completed
                          09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                          09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                          10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                          10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                          10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                          10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                          10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                          11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                          11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                          11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                          12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• Queens field

Hello everyone! I have been a silent reader for a while, but today I wanted to pay back and share my timeline. All the information I got all these past months was very helpful.

I filed in June 2018. I did all by myself. No attorney. Here is my timeline:

06/03 Package sent to Chicago lockbox
                            06/07 package accepted and transferred to Missouri Center
                            06/28 Got a RFE (I-864 from sponsor and husband were dated two days apart so they asked me to fix it )
                            07/10 sent the RFE
                            07/16 notification that we are working on your case again
                            10/01 moved from Nyack to Queens. Did my change of address online.
                            12/20 I sent an email asking about my EAD since it had been 6 months and I had not get it. They responded they would check and get back to me, etc
                            01/09/2019 I received my EAD and in a differente envelope the letter with my schedule appointment for the interview! Yes, I got them both same day!
                            02/25 got my interview at Federal Plaza.
                            03/08 notification: your case has been approved
                            03/12 your card was mailed
                            03/15 Green card arrived!

Feel free to ask any questions. I am very happy my process was relatively fast! I was expecting at least a year of waiting considering I moved and got a RFE initially, but at the end I think moving to Queens worked on my favor. I dont know, but I wanted to tell you all who are still waiting to hang in there. I know this is a tedious process, but be patient! Surround yourself of positive people and live one day at the time. Don?t be afraid of the interview. Just prepare yourself and your SO. Most of the questions we were asked were from the forms. You will get your coveted freedom very soon, and you will be happy like you have never been before! I promise!
                            Xoxo

Comment

• Interview done experience:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my interview experience with you all.

We had our appointment yesterday at 26 Federal Plaza, In Manhattan. We were scheduled for 12:10 PM. We arrived there at around 11:30am, and we waited until around 2:15Pm to be called in.

We were guide to an office with a very nice and polite officer. She asked us for the originas of My wife passport and Drivers License (petitioner) My Birth Certificate, Passport, I-94. She also asked right there if we wanted to submit more documents for the affidavit of support. So i gave her more New ConEd, Spectrum, Bills. Our Health Insurance Cards showing both names, Life Insurance showing my wife as a beneficiary, our joint taxes for 2018. and i wanted to give her more ands she said. That's enough.

The she took my finger prints and took a picture of me, before proceeding with the interview.

The officer started with my wife, she asked her. How did we meet, when we moved in together, before or after marriage, where does she live, whats my father and mom name, do we have any children, do i have any previos children, do we want any children, where do i work, what are my hours, do i have a good relationship with my dad.
                              Then she asked me, her moms and dad name, her brothers name, where do they live, she asked how did i proposed, i gave her the whole story and she laughed.
                              Then she asked me the yes or no questions in the I-485 form.
                              The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. She gave us a paper that said that the interview was completed and they do not need more documents for us at the moment. Is their policy. She said that we did really well and we needed to wait about 120 days to hear from them. Then she wish us a Happy Day.

We waited almost 20 months for this interview. I know is hard but TRY to be patient.

God Bless you all and good luck

06/01/2017: Got married
                              08/08/2017: Sent files to USCIS
                              08/10/2017: USCIS received files
                              08/18/2017: Text received from USCIS
                              08/22/2017: Receipts in Mail from USCIS
                              09/14/2017: Biometrics Done.
                              09/15/2017: Got an RFE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
                              09/26/2017: USCIS received my response for my RFE.
                              11/01/2017: Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFE response.
                              11/13/2017: Called USCIS and put a service request in, for my EAD application (94th day from original PD)
                              11/27/2017: EAD APPROVAL LETTER IN THE MAIL. YESSSSS!!!
                              11/30/2017 RECEIVED EAD CARD in the mail.
                              12/01/2017: APPLIED FOR SSN
                              07/20/2018: APPLY FOR EAD RENEWAL (NO NEWS YET)
                              02/12/2019: GOT EMAIL INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED
                              02/19/2019: Interview Letter Arrived in the Mail. Interview is Scheduled exactly a month from today (VERY EXCITING NEWS)
                              03/19/2019: Interview Completed

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfer27 View Post
                                Interview done experience:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my interview experience with you all.

We had our appointment yesterday at 26 Federal Plaza, In Manhattan. We were scheduled for 12:10 PM. We arrived there at around 11:30am, and we waited until around 2:15Pm to be called in.

We were guide to an office with a very nice and polite officer. She asked us for the originas of My wife passport and Drivers License (petitioner) My Birth Certificate, Passport, I-94. She also asked right there if we wanted to submit more documents for the affidavit of support. So i gave her more New ConEd, Spectrum, Bills. Our Health Insurance Cards showing both names, Life Insurance showing my wife as a beneficiary, our joint taxes for 2018. and i wanted to give her more ands she said. That's enough.

The she took my finger prints and took a picture of me, before proceeding with the interview.

The officer started with my wife, she asked her. How did we meet, when we moved in together, before or after marriage, where does she live, whats my father and mom name, do we have any children, do i have any previos children, do we want any children, where do i work, what are my hours, do i have a good relationship with my dad.
                                Then she asked me, her moms and dad name, her brothers name, where do they live, she asked how did i proposed, i gave her the whole story and she laughed.
                                Then she asked me the yes or no questions in the I-485 form.
                                The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. She gave us a paper that said that the interview was completed and they do not need more documents for us at the moment. Is their policy. She said that we did really well and we needed to wait about 120 days to hear from them. Then she wish us a Happy Day.

We waited almost 20 months for this interview. I know is hard but TRY to be patient.

God Bless you all and good luck

06/01/2017: Got married
                                08/08/2017: Sent files to USCIS
                                08/10/2017: USCIS received files
                                08/18/2017: Text received from USCIS
                                08/22/2017: Receipts in Mail from USCIS
                                09/14/2017: Biometrics Done.
                                09/15/2017: Got an RFE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
                                09/26/2017: USCIS received my response for my RFE.
                                11/01/2017: Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFE response.
                                11/13/2017: Called USCIS and put a service request in, for my EAD application (94th day from original PD)
                                11/27/2017: EAD APPROVAL LETTER IN THE MAIL. YESSSSS!!!
                                11/30/2017 RECEIVED EAD CARD in the mail.
                                12/01/2017: APPLIED FOR SSN
                                07/20/2018: APPLY FOR EAD RENEWAL (NO NEWS YET)
                                02/12/2019: GOT EMAIL INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED
                                02/19/2019: Interview Letter Arrived in the Mail. Interview is Scheduled exactly a month from today (VERY EXCITING NEWS)
                                03/19/2019: Interview Completed
                                Congratulations! Keep us updated when you receive your card!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X