All NYC Filers..... let's talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kkaren View Post
    Muziv82 let us know if you hear back from them. When mine was scheduled and subsequently cancelled, I had called them and was informed this happens if: IO had an emergency and couldn't keep the appointment, the queue is longer due to overscheduling, etc. They told me there is nothing I can do but wait for them to reschedule. That was 4 mos. ago.

I have been waiting. The problem I see is that it might have been overlooked now since I do see they are processing others after me, but I honestly haven't had the chance to call, specially since we are still within time according to Queens timeframes..

There are also others that were scheduled already from the same date as my original interview was, which is why I wonder...

Hope you hear back soon.
    Please keep us updated, thanks!
    Hey KKaren,
    I suggest you do anything you can, emails, mails, going to the USCIS with the notice and move mountains. That’s what we started doing. in a Redit forum one person responded to my situation saying his case slipped through the system and be never heard from therm. We should do whatever we can until this will be solved. I will definitely keep you posted when I hear from them,

Comment

• Muziv82 yes, that's definitely what I plan to do. I am giving them a call today and hopefully will get a call back from a tier 2 soon. I just hate that its so hard to even get in contact with a tier 2 and tier 1 officers only provide what we see online. Will update if there is even any change at all.

Good luck on yours as well!
      4/19 - RD (485, 130, 765)
      5/15 - Bio date
      8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
      8/2 - Interview scheduled
      8/7 - online update interview cancelled
      9/23 EAD exp.
      10/21 - EAD received in mail
      02/09 - interview scheduled

130 - no updates since 4/25/19 (receipt notice)

Comment

• Muziv82 hi, just checking. Have you heard back on your end? I called today to see and was told by the CS rep that she doesn't see anything but to wait. I'm as confused as ever because originally, she mentioned I was out of processing time and she will submit an SR but when she was doing that, she saw I submitted an inquiry online and their response is that it is within normal processing time. I asked her how in her system, It's out of, but she couldn't say.

I asked if she can confirm the times at my FO but she said no, to check online at NBC processing. I told her 485 does not have an NBC online if you look at the times and she said correct, I'd have to look at the Long Island FO times. I am at 8 mos. and 1 day, LI FO is at the minimum 9.5 mos. I'm going to try again next month to see but I guess I cannot open another SR until 30 days after the last one? Which was in Dec. 1.

I'm hoping they really do process mine at the minimum. I still can't understand how they already scheduled and later cancelled and still no reschedule time but at this point, hoping for the best.
        5/15 - Bio date
        8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
        9/23 EAD exp.

Comment

• Just an update guys, finally got my scheduled interview notice in the mail. Its for next month.
          5/15 - Bio date
          8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
          9/23 EAD exp.

Comment

• Congrats kkaren! 11 months of waiting isn’t so bad! Is your field office Manhattan? If so, great that they are consistent in scheduling interviews quicker than usual!

Comment

• hopefulandhappy thanks! My FO is actually Queens, but I do see other posts from Manhattan getting their interviews faster now. Hopefully, it continues.
              5/15 - Bio date
              8/1 - Ready to be Sched.
              9/23 EAD exp.

Comment

NBC / NYC-Queens
                Married to USC, adjusting from B1/B2/ my PD: 11-12-2019
                New card Being produced: 02/20/2020
                i-131/i-765 Approved: 02/21/2020
                Interview was scheduled 02/28/2020
                Interview cancelled 03/31/2020
                EAD renewal sent on :10/01/2020- EAD card received on 01/12/2021
                Interview schedule 01/13/2021
                Interview on 02/01/2021
                Interview cancelled due to snow storm on 02/01/2021
                interview scheduled again for 03/23/2021
                I130/I485 approved 03/23/2021, card arrived on usps 03/29/2021

Comment

• Congratulations,
                  I still waiting
                  11/04/2019 PD
                  12/09/2019 BIO
                  01/10/2020 case is ready to schedule an interview
                  03/25/2020 EAD Approved
                  Last edited by NYC/She; 03-25-2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• 11/06/2019: Priority Date
                    12/04/2019: Bio
                    01/27/2020: "Case is Ready to Be Schedule for An Interview"
                    FO: Manhattan, NYC
                    02/13/2020: EAD/AP combo card approved
                    Last edited by Edict1113; 09-10-2020, 05:11 PM.
                    FO: Manhattan, NYC
                    Processing: NBC
                    11/06/2019: Priority Date
                    12/04/2019: Bio
                    01/27/2020: Ready to Schedule Interview
                    02/13/2020: EAD/AP combo card approved
                    Interview Date: pending

Comment

• Any update?

Comment

• Originally posted by yerzurc View Post
                        NYC FILER

PD: 10/3/2018
                        EAD: Received 3/9/2019 (did not expedite)
                        INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 4/4/2019

Just wanted to update my interview experience.
                        On April 4, 2019, my wife and I went for our Interview at USCIS District Office in NYC. Appointment time was 8:15am, we live in Queens and my wife works night shift, on 4/3/19, she couldn't take a day off from work, so she just tried to leave work super early because she works in Long Island NY and I have to pick her up then drive to Manhattan.
                        4/4/19 - picked up my wife at work 6:30am, we were on the road to Manhattan by 6:45am, major delays and traffic on all Expressways, but luckily we were able to park at ICON parking right across the USCIS office.

Long line at the inspection/security area, arrived at 8:05am, done with inspection went to the 9th floor, got our interview number but had to go down on the 4th floor as the interview will be conducted there. Checked in at 8:13am, IO called us at 8:15am on the dot. Greeted her good morning, went to her office, did took our oath, then she started asking my wife (sponsor) about me, like the usual questions, name, dob, name of parents, where and how did we meet, where I work then she turned to me and started asking me, about my wife, same questions, then she started asking me the YES and NO questions on my I485, she took my I-94 from my passport and told me that she will take it and I can no longer get it back, my I-94 expired 8 years.

After she asked me, she then requested for our joint documents, we brought our binder, and handed her i693, birth certificates, our marriage certificate from church and from the city, our passports, our joint bank statement which is only 9 months old, our joint credit card statements, health insurance me as dependent and our joint investment account which is 1 month old. She checked those paperwork then asked for pictures, we prepped a separate fastened folder for our pictures, she then looked at it, saw our wedding pictures, and paused asked us how big was the wedding, my wife answered, 200 guests she then said wow it's a big wedding, looks like you guys had fun!

After that, she let me sign the interview paper form. Then she said, okay, I will approve this, but it is only conditional because we just got married about 8 months ago, the green card will be mailed to me, then she said to follow her she'll just make a copy of my wife's birth certificate then we should be good to go -- she also asked us if we have any questions, which we don't have.... so after about 15mins, interview is done, she walked us out to the exit. Went to get our car then got a SMS and email notice from USCIS that New Card is Being Produced, 2 days after, another notification that i130 and i485 case approved, then 4/8/19 got 2 letters on the mailbox 797 NOA Approval Notice and today got a SMS, email and checked USCIS app that my GC was picked already and is expected to be delivered on Friday! GOD is GREAT! As long as you're happily married, legit, I guess everything will work out smoothly.

Here's my timeline:
                        PD 10/3/18
                        10/14/18 RECEIVED RECEIPT NUMBERS (SMS)
                        10/18/18 RECEIVED NOA for I765 and I130
                        10/22/18 RECEIVED NOA for I485
                        10/26/18 BIO APPT LETTER for 11/7/18
                        11/3/18 RFE (I864, LATEST TAX RETURN)
                        11/7/18 BIO APPT, GOT IN AT 8:10AM DONE AT 8:45AM
                        11/7/18 RESPONDED TO RFE, EXPRESS MAILED
                        11/14/18 RFE NOTICE RECEIVED
                        12/18/18 YELLOW PAPER MAIL RECEIVED I693
                        12/19/18 ONLINE STATUS UPDATED "CASE READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW"
                        --
                        2/8/19 APPLIED FOR I131 BECAUSE I THOUGHT GC WILL TAKE LONGER AND WE PLAN TO GO TO MEXICO
                        2/22/19 ONLINE STATUS UPDATE: "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" (got it during our OBGYN appt - we're pregnant )
                        2/28/19 MAIL RECEIVED INTERVIEW NOTICE FOR 4/4/19
                        3/4/19 ONLINE STATUS UPDATE: EAD BEING PRODUCED
                        3/4/19 GOT MY MEDICALS I693
                        3/7/19 ONLINE STATUS UPDATE: USPS TRACKING NUMBER FOR EAD
                        3/8/19 MAIL RECEIVED EAD 797 APPROVAL LETTER AND I131 RECEIPT NOTICE
                        3/9/19 EAD CARD RECEIVED
                        3/11/19 SSN CARD RECEIVED
                        4/4/19 INTERVIEW DATE
                        4/8/19 MAIL RECEIVED 797 APPROVAL LETTER FOR I130 AND I485
                        4/9/19 ONLINE STATUS UPDATE: USPS TRACKING NUMBER FOR GC EXPECTED ON 4/12/19

190 DAYS TOTAL

​​​​​​​AMEN!
                        did u expedite?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X