Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after RFE to get a interview/EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long after RFE to get a interview/EAD?

Hello!

Just answered my RFE (on Aug 02 2018). It was just a sponsor updated.

Any experiences after that?

Dec/17 - Case submitted - GC (marriage - US citzen)
    Mar/18 - Travel permit (after begging for a expedite request 100 times, since my dad was fighting a cancer in my home country)
    May/18 - Request for evidences: they didn't accept my husband as a sponsor, because he was outside US in the past year.
    Aug/18 - sent new sponsor form. Response was received on 08/02/18.

I called USCIS today and I was able to talk with a officer level 2. He said a letter was sent yesterday to my address, and I imagine it is just a confirmation that they got my evidences. He also said my case processing time has been resumed. But he couldn't provide any other new information.

I already got my travel permit on March (expedite request - emergency), but not my work permit. 8 months and 3 days waiting... patience turns to frustration so easily!

Just contact the ombudsman for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sato View Post
      Hello!

Mar/18 - Travel permit (after begging for a expedite request 100 times, since my dad was fighting a cancer in my home country)
      May/18 - Request for evidences: they didn't accept my husband as a sponsor, because he was outside US in the past year.

I called USCIS today and I was able to talk with a officer level 2. He said a letter was sent yesterday to my address, and I imagine it is just a confirmation that they got my evidences. He also said my case processing time has been resumed. But he couldn't provide any other new information.

I already got my travel permit on March (expedite request - emergency), but not my work permit. 8 months and 3 days waiting... patience turns to frustration so easily!
      Based on my experience, I received the I-693 Medical Courtesy Letter, after USCIS received my RFE Response. USCIS didn't mail out a letter confirming receipt of my RFE response; they confirmed via email and status updates on egov and dhs accounts. If your RFE response is acceptable to USCIS and you didn't submit medical with your initial packet, then your incoming mail could be the I-693 courtesy letter. Fingers crossed.
      Marriage; Concurrent
      11.22.2017: PD
      12.04.2017: 4 NOAs in mail
      12.28.2017: Bio Appmt
      04.23.2018: RFE in Mail
      06.29.2018: RFE Response Sent
      07.02.2018: RFE Response Rcvd
      07.21.2018: I-693 Courtesy Ltr
      07.26.2018: "Interview scheduled"
      08.02.2018: Interview Notice in mail
      08.31.2018: INTERVIEW/Approval
      09.04.2018: SS Card in mail
      09.05.2018: "We mailed your EAD"
      09.06.2018: "We mailed your GC"
      09.08.2018: EAD/AP Combo card & I-130/I-485 Approvals in mail
      09.10.2018: GC in hand

Comment

In the same boat

Originally posted by Sato View Post
        Hello!

Hi, we are in a similar situation. I filed in early March, and got an RFE (needed a joint sponsor) exactly 4 months after filing. They received my response on 7/16, and I haven't heard anything back ever since. They received my response a month ago, and now I'm depressed....
        PD - 3/2/2018
        Biometrics - sometime in April
        RFIE - 7/3
        Response to RFE received - 7/16
        Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
        EAD is being produced - 9/4
        Combo card in hand - 9/11
        Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
        Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

I received an RFE but for another reason, I sent the documents the next day and I receive the EAD 2 months after that. But this is my experience every case is different.

Best of luck.
          C9 Married to USC AOS (I-130,I485,I-765) DC office
          10/27/2017 PD
          11/08/2017 I-797 (3)
          12/07/2017 Biometric Walk in
          05/17/2018 RFE form I-485 (requesting tax returns 2017)
          06/18/2018 I-693 courtesy letter
          06/20/2018 Email "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
          07/08/2018 EAD card in production
          07/16/2018 EAD in hand
          07/31/2018 Interview scheduled
          09/06/2018 Interview
          09/11/2018 Letter of approval

Comment

Update

Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
            Hi, we are in a similar situation. I filed in early March, and got an RFE (needed a joint sponsor) exactly 4 months after filing. They received my response on 7/16, and I haven't heard anything back ever since. They received my response a month ago, and now I'm depressed....
            So I got a text and an email last night saying my case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Took them 29 days from receiving my RFE response to changing my status. Still waiting for EAD/AP tho, hope that will come soon.
            PD - 3/2/2018
            RFIE - 7/3
            Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

So I got a text and an email last night saying my case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Took them 29 days from receiving my RFE response to changing my status. Still waiting for EAD/AP tho, hope that will come soon.
              I replied to my RFE the day after I received it. Days later I recieved appraval of my EAD. So now I'm waiting for my 1-485 interview or approval.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMC18 View Post
                I replied to my RFE the day after I received it. Days later I recieved appraval of my EAD. So now I'm waiting for my 1-485 interview or approval.
                What was your RFE about? If it's something small it should be good to go pretty quickly. Good luck!
                I got an Initial evidence request, had to fill out an Affidavit of support again and obtain a joint sponsor, i'm so glad it didn't delay the process too much
                PD - 3/2/2018
                RFIE - 7/3
                Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Hello! My case was updated last night: "waiting for a interview", and today: "interview has been scheduled"! Even though the officer said nothing he could do, he did something after my call!

Comment

Update

Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience! I have great news: my case was updated last night, showing ready to be scheduled for a interview. And today, it was updated again to "interview was scheduled". Now I just have to wait for the letter! Such a relief! In Raleigh, they usually give a 30 days notice before the interview. So hopefully in about a month I will be all set! Definitely worth the call. The officer said nothing he could do, but he did something...

Comment

[QUOTE=AngelaPhelan;577791]What was your RFE about? If it's something small it should be good to go pretty quickly. Good luck!
                      I got an Initial evidence request, had to fill out an Affidavit of support again and obtain a joint sponsor, i'm so glad it didn't delay the process too much[/QUOT

My RFE was for my co-Sponsors taxes. I really hope your right. I need my green card to cross the border to visit my very ill mother.

Good luck with your case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X