August 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I?m in Seattle so judging by the processing times, the ASC is most likely swamped and unwilling to give any leeway. I see an envelope from USCIS coming today in, hopefully it?s the biometrics letter! 🙏🏻
    You just said "no" to yourself. No one else said no. ALWAYS let THEM say "no" to you. But then again, I am not you. You are you. You do you.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      You just said "no" to yourself. No one else said no. ALWAYS let THEM say "no" to you. But then again, I am not you. You are you. You do you.
      Pretty sure the bio letter is coming today, which means I will do the walk in first thing in the morning on Monday. At least I will have the letter.
      RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
      10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
      10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
      10/22 - Early bio walk-in
      11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
      11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
      01/13/2020 - Interview
      01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Expedite due to job offer

hey just curious as I see some expedite due to job offer. how is this job offer possible? Like I'm so confused are there places that will potentially hire you if your pending your EAD? is there like a box to check on an application?

this is all new to me my husband came on a b1/b2 visa and i know were filing under c09 status. Does he not qualify? we just had a baby and 1 income is starting to take it's toll on us.

Comment

• Originally posted by CynNNick View Post
          hey just curious as I see some expedite due to job offer. how is this job offer possible? Like I'm so confused are there places that will potentially hire you if your pending your EAD? is there like a box to check on an application?

this is all new to me my husband came on a b1/b2 visa and i know were filing under c09 status. Does he not qualify? we just had a baby and 1 income is starting to take it's toll on us.
          I can not speak for everyone?s case but here is what I did. I applied to several jobs, went to 4 interviews, and received 2 offers. I accepted one of the offers. The company (a national bank) gave me a start date of Nov 12. I told HR about my pending EAD and that I will try my best to get it before Nov 12. I placed a phone request with USCIS and received an email asking for the job offer letter. I faxed it yesterday and I?m now waiting to do my bio on Monday.

Your spouse should apply for jobs and if he receives an offer, he should let HR know about his status so that they can set a start date around a month in the future.
          10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

I can not speak for everyone?s case but here is what I did. I applied to several jobs, went to 4 interviews, and received 2 offers. I accepted one of the offers. The company (a national bank) gave me a start date of Nov 12. I told HR about my pending EAD and that I will try my best to get it before Nov 12. I placed a phone request with USCIS and received an email asking for the job offer letter. I faxed it yesterday and I?m now waiting to do my bio on Monday.

Your spouse should apply for jobs and if he receives an offer, he should let HR know about his status so that they can set a start date around a month in the future.
            That?s amazing I didn?t know they would expedite it for that! Does USCIS give you a document your future employer has to fill out or can he just write a letter saying he wants to hire you? My boss from my former internship already said I could come back working for them once I get my EAD...
            Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
            Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
            Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
            08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
            09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
            10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
            10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
            11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
            01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
            01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
            08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Comment

• We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

Hey guys!

Haven?t been on the forum in a while, so just wanted to let everyone know my progress thus far. We had the biometrics appointment on Sept. 20. On Sept 21 i received an notice through uscis.dhs.gov that fingerprint has been received. On October 5th I received an email from uscis.dhs.gov that ?we are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time?. On October 19th, I received an email from uscis.dhs.gov stating the same thing as October 5th email. No updates on the other uscis website
              8/17/18: Mailed via UPS to Chicago
              8/21/18: PD
              8/24/18: Fingerprint Fee Received
              9/7/18: Biometrics Letter/Appt for 9/20
              9/12/18: I-693 Courtesy Letter
              9/20/18: Biometrics Appt
              9/21/18: Fingerprint received
              10/24/18: Case ready to be sch for interview
              1/24/19: EAD ordered (I-765) and I-131 approved
              1/30/19: Combo Card
              1/31/19: SS Card
              4/10/19: Interview scheduled
              4/13/19: Interview notice received in mail
              5/15/19: Interview
              5/22/19: I130 & I485 approved
              5/28/19: GC Mailed
              5/30/19: GC Received

Comment

• Drivers license

How are your experiences on getting a drivers license here? Is the receipt notice enough or do you need the ead to get it? I called the DMV (here in CA, I assume that might also depend on the state) but I got all different answers, one person had no idea what I was talking about, someone else said to just come by and so on... did anyone just try going in with the receipt notice and got to apply for a drivers license? (I?d rather avoid spending all day at the DMV if they for sure are going to send me home, but down to try if there?s a chance I get it) Thank you!

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

• Originally posted by KM24 View Post
                  How are your experiences on getting a drivers license here? Is the receipt notice enough or do you need the ead to get it? I called the DMV (here in CA, I assume that might also depend on the state) but I got all different answers, one person had no idea what I was talking about, someone else said to just come by and so on... did anyone just try going in with the receipt notice and got to apply for a drivers license? (I?d rather avoid spending all day at the DMV if they for sure are going to send me home, but down to try if there?s a chance I get it) Thank you!

In California everyone can have driver license independent of migratory status. A lot of people go there to get DL.
                  Adjusting from B-2, married to USC, Hialeah, FL

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

10/11 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                  10/16 - Fingerprint fee was received
                  10/19 - 4 texts received
                  10/22 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                  11/05 - Biometrics done walk in.
                  03/05/2019: RFIE for I-485

Comment

I can share my experience. Although in CA anyone can have a DL regardless of your status, there are 2 different types of DL: the Real ID and the other one. With the real id you can travel, w/ the other you cant, you would need your passport. So, I tried to get the real id bc i travel a lot. When i tried to renew which was about a month ago, my EAD was still valid (i was a DACA) but was going to expire in a week. I brought the receipt and my EAD. Long story short, they gave me a temporary DL only which expires in 2 months but they said i can renew it until i get my new EAD. I explained that the receipt says my EAD has an extension of 180days after it expires but they said they cant do anything about it, they could only give me a temporary one. Which sux...but thats what happened. I went to the DMV in Napa (they are extremely nice and fast there) but when i have to renew again (in a month) im gonna try another DMV.
                    I would say try, it doesnt hurt.
                    Any suggestions?!
                    FO: San Francisco, CA
                    08/24/18: PD
                    10/26: Biometrics notice rcvd
                    11/05: Bio appt
                    11/02: Early walk in for Biometrics
                    11/07: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                    11/27: Fingerprint Review was completed
                    12/24: Filed for I-131/AP
                    02/08/19: EAD Card is being produced
                    02/08/19: AP approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Angie_CA View Post
                      I can share my experience. Although in CA anyone can have a DL regardless of your status, there are 2 different types of DL: the Real ID and the other one. With the real id you can travel, w/ the other you cant, you would need your passport. So, I tried to get the real id bc i travel a lot. When i tried to renew which was about a month ago, my EAD was still valid (i was a DACA) but was going to expire in a week. I brought the receipt and my EAD. Long story short, they gave me a temporary DL only which expires in 2 months but they said i can renew it until i get my new EAD. I explained that the receipt says my EAD has an extension of 180days after it expires but they said they cant do anything about it, they could only give me a temporary one. Which sux...but thats what happened. I went to the DMV in Napa (they are extremely nice and fast there) but when i have to renew again (in a month) im gonna try another DMV.
                      I would say try, it doesnt hurt.
                      Any suggestions?!
                      Thank you for sharing!! I think I?ll just go there soon and see what they say - I?m still driving with my German license and not sure if I?m allowed to or not (it was okay with the J1-visa, but since that expired I?m not sure &#128517.

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

• How long did it take for your status on the I-765 to change to ?Fingerprint review completed? after the bio appointment? I?m going in tomorrow morning and I was wondering if it will be done by Tuesday because I?m trying to expedite my EAD. Thanks!

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

How long did it take for your status on the I-765 to change to ?Fingerprint review completed? after the bio appointment? I?m going in tomorrow morning and I was wondering if it will be done by Tuesday because I?m trying to expedite my EAD. Thanks!
                          We saw "Fingerprint review complete" the day after my husband had his biometrics done. Good luck!
                          I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30, 2018
                          USPS Receipt: August 1
                          Text/ Email confirmation: August 8
                          Checks Cashed: August 8
                          I-797C Received via mail: August 11
                          Biometics letter received: August 18
                          I-693 Courtesy Letter received: August 25
                          Biometrics Appointment: August 28
                          "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - August 29
                          "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" - September 19
                          "Interview Was Scheduled" - February 20, 2019

Comment

That?s amazing I didn?t know they would expedite it for that! Does USCIS give you a document your future employer has to fill out or can he just write a letter saying he wants to hire you? My boss from my former internship already said I could come back working for them once I get my EAD...
                            Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post

Thank you I will talk with my husband about it. He has a place that will hire him once he has his EAD in hand. I'm sure the owner won't mind typing up a offer letter. I'm going to ask my lawyer what she thinks of this and if she can expedite the process. Or should we just do it on our own.

Comment

• Originally posted by CynNNick View Post
                              Thank you I will talk with my husband about it. He has a place that will hire him once he has his EAD in hand. I'm sure the owner won't mind typing up a offer letter. I'm going to ask my lawyer what she thinks of this and if she can expedite the process. Or should we just do it on our own.
                              Most lawyers are not even aware that you may request to expedite the process. They will usually tell folks to wait their turn. Just do it on your own. It's been discussed on this forum extensively.

Comment

• still waiting for FP notice

Hi,
                                I am still waiting for FP notice , Application received Aug 27th, MS YYYY XDo I need to wait some time, or is it ok to call ? .
                                is any August 2018 Filers waiting for FP notice ??

Thank you,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X