PD at August 2nd
      Biometric appointment at August 28th
      Finger print review completed at August 29th
      Form I-485 is ready to schedule for interview at September 4th
      EAD card on hand at January 10th
      Interview was scheduled at Feb 4th 2019

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I would like to kindly to ask you to add your timeline in the signature. If you have not done so. Thank you.

I am referencing Visa Journey's statistic, USCIS is mainly processing July 24th PD EAD applications now. Just found out I am not allowed post Visa Journey' link directly here, but if you visit their timeline page, at the bottom of the page, there is a EAD timeline, select [Stas], it will show you their estimate processing PD.

I was hoping mine will be approved before Christmas, but now I am not so sure. But the good news is, we are close.

Let's keep praying.

Best,
        RIMB
        Last edited by RIMB; 12-14-2018, 09:57 AM.
        C(9) Adjustment of status from F1
        Providence RI
        08-03-18 PD
        08-10-18 Check Cashed Date
        09-06-18 Biometrics
        11-15-18 Courtesy letter was issued
        11-28-18 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        12-18-18 EAD: New card is being produced
        12-20-18 EAD/AP Approval Notices
        12-26-18 Picked up EAD/AP from post office
        01-04-19 Interview was scheduled

Comment

• Need some advise

Originally posted by RIMB View Post
          Hi Everyone,

I would like to kindly to ask you to add your timeline in the signature. If you have not done so. Thank you.

I am referencing Visa Journey's statistic, USCIS is mainly processing July 24th PD EAD applications now. Just found out I am not allowed post Visa Journey' link directly here, but if you visit their timeline page, at the bottom of the page, there is a EAD timeline, select [Stas], it will show you their estimate processing PD.

I was hoping mine will be approved before Christmas, but now I am not so sure. But the good news is, we are close.

Let's keep praying.

Best,
          RIMB
          Hi , i tried to expedite my EAD but when I put a call through the options they gave me has nothing to do with having a job offer of which that my major reason for wanting to expedite. Can I still expedite it despite all of the option giving has nothing to do job offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy0035 View Post
            Hi , i tried to expedite my EAD but when I put a call through the options they gave me has nothing to do with having a job offer of which that my major reason for wanting to expedite. Can I still expedite it despite all of the option giving has nothing to do job offer.
            No you are qualified. You will be expediting under Several Personal Financial Loss scenario.
            Use the search function on the forum. There are a lot successful posting regarding expedite with a job offer.
            Providence RI
            08-03-18 PD
            09-06-18 Biometrics

Comment

• Originally posted by RIMB View Post
              Hi Everyone,

Let's keep praying.

Best,
              RIMB
              Wow thanks for the tip! That makes hope we could all receive our EAD in January, that would be a great start in the new year
              Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
              Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
              Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
              08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
              09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
              10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
              10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
              11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
              01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
              01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
              08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Comment

• No Updates

No updates on my end either and was hoping on the combo card by now.
                NBC filer
                8/13/2018: Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 to Chicago (adjusting from J1, married to USC, based in NYC)
                8/16/2018: PD
                8/22/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received
                9/10/2018: Received courtesy I-693 courtesy letter.
                9/24/2018: Biometrics appointment
                9/25/2018: Fingerprint Review Completed
                12/27/2018: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                03/01/2019: I-765 update on egov.uscis to "New Card is Produced."
                03/04/2019: I-765 and I-131 updated on myaccount to "Case Was Approved."

Comment

• Originally posted by KM24 View Post
                  Wow thanks for the tip! That makes hope we could all receive our EAD in January, that would be a great start in the new year
                  I think we will get by January the latest.

On their website, they say statistic is based on around 500 paper-based cases and average processing date is 143. They are processing July 24th EAD applications and July 30th AP. I don't know how they get the estimate process time.

From Tracker, I see a August 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 15th, and 24th PD are approved in the last two weeks. Who knows, maybe we will be approved before Christmas.

If there is any take away I had from their website, I am going by e filing in the future. Average process time is slightly better than paper-based cases (Please ignore this paragraph. It turned out that there is no option for EAD E-filing. Sorry for the confusion. )
                  Last edited by RIMB; 12-14-2018, 05:21 PM.
                  Providence RI
                  08-03-18 PD
                  09-06-18 Biometrics

Comment

I think we will get by January the latest.

On their website, they say statistic is based on around 500 paper-based cases and average processing date is 137 (data just updated from this morning). They are processing July 30th EAD applications (just updated). I don't know how they get the estimate process time.

From Tracker, I see a August 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 15th, and 24th PD are approved in the last two weeks. Who knows, maybe we will be approved before Christmas.

If there is any take away I had from their website, I am going by e filing in the future. Average process time is slightly better than paper-based cases.
                    Wait, what do you mean “e-filing”? Is there a way to apply online? Jeez if that’s the case how come I never knew about it!!
                    C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
                    * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
                    * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
                    * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
                    * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
                    * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
                    * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
                    * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
                    * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
                    * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
                    * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfiler3 View Post
                      Wait, what do you mean “e-filing”? Is there a way to apply online? Jeez if that’s the case how come I never knew about it!!
                      Seriously!!! I didn’t know that was a thing!!! Do you guys know if the approval of the EAD also depends on your field office? Or is it just first come first serve in the service center? (Mine‘s NBC)
                      Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
                      Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
                      Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
                      08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
                      09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
                      10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
                      10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
                      11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                      01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
                      01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
                      08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Comment

There is no option to e-file. The option does exist for the N-400 but there are some parameters you have to meet. Not everyone qualifies, and with a smaller pool comes speed. E-filed N-400s are probably easier to adjudicate.

Comment

Hey sorry, just want to correct myself in the previous posting " average processing date is 143. They are processing July 24th EAD applications and July 30th AP. I don't know how they get the estimate process time. "

I could not find e-file link for EAD as well, but see the screenshot of data from Visa Journey. There is an e-file category.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by RIMB; 12-14-2018, 05:10 PM.
                          Providence RI
                          08-03-18 PD
                          09-06-18 Biometrics

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            There is no option to e-file. The option does exist for the N-400 but there are some parameters you have to meet. Not everyone qualifies, and with a smaller pool comes speed. E-filed N-400s are probably easier to adjudicate.
                            Thank you for clarification. I found below forms can be file on line.
                            I wonder why Visa Journey has an e file category for EAD.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by KM24 View Post
                            Seriously!!! I didn’t know that was a thing!!! Do you guys know if the approval of the EAD also depends on your field office? Or is it just first come first serve in the service center? (Mine‘s NBC)
                            It should only be processed in NBC.

I see people ask EAD in their interview. The IO said it handled by different department.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by RIMB; 12-14-2018, 05:16 PM.
                            Providence RI
                            08-03-18 PD
                            09-06-18 Biometrics

Comment

Hey sorry, just want to correct myself in the previous posting " average processing date is 143. They are processing July 24th EAD applications and July 30th AP. I don't know how they get the estimate process time. "

I could not find e-file link for EAD as well, but see the screenshot of data from Visa Journey. There is an e-file category.
                              The data from visa journey is nice, but remember that it eschewed by the fact that it is a self selected group. Those are the processing times of folks who are on visa journey WHO atuallly filled out their timeline. Not everyone fills it out. So in a way, the data from the app is more representative of the processing times.

I would be nice if USCIS revealed the jurisdiction of each receipt number. Now THAT would bring accountability, and of course, they will never do that. Because that would allow us to calculate processing times and challenge them when they select people for interview who just filed, and skip others within the same jurisdiction who have been waiting for ages.

They really just need to divide the country in regions and/or districts. And create an interview queue per 5 field offices. Then, you would not have the situation that we have for example in Helena, MT. They process maybe 50 family based applications per quarter. I kid you not. You may look it up yourself.

In other words, say you file your application in NYC. That's super congested, as you may know. But if you have a regional queue for 5 offices in the state, then you may end up having to drive to Albany, NY because your application is next in line. Sure, it would be inconvenient but at least regionally, it would eliminate the backlog.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                                The data from visa journey is nice, but remember that it eschewed by the fact that it is a self selected group. Those are the processing times of folks who are on visa journey WHO atuallly filled out their timeline. Not everyone fills it out. So in a way, the data from the app is more representative of the processing times.

I would be nice if USCIS revealed the jurisdiction of each receipt number. Now THAT would bring accountability, and of course, they will never do that. Because that would allow us to calculate processing times and challenge them when they select people for interview who just filed, and skip others within the same jurisdiction who have been waiting for ages.

They really just need to divide the country in regions and/or districts. And create an interview queue per 5 field offices. Then, you would not have the situation that we have for example in Helena, MT. They process maybe 50 family based applications per quarter. I kid you not. You may look it up yourself.

In other words, say you file your application in NYC. That's super congested, as you may know. But if you have a regional queue for 5 offices in the state, then you may end up having to drive to Albany, NY because your application is next in line. Sure, it would be inconvenient but at least regionally, it would eliminate the backlog.
                                Make sense. I assume these "e file" ones are people mistakenly reported themselves. That would explain why they only have 3 cases.

The way I am using the app is to search 500 cases around me, look into I-765 approved cases, and do the same search at the end of the day, to compare approved numbers. I can see they arroved four EAD yesterday in 500 cases around me. Is it the right way to use the app?

I like the idea you have on solving regional congestion with more opportunities. I wonder if they are coming with plans to fix it too.
                                Providence RI
                                08-03-18 PD
                                09-06-18 Biometrics

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X