August 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi CynNNick,

It also took me a while to get my Biometrics notice (PD August 16, and did not get notice until September 22). Some people get theirs quickly, for others it takes a while (up to one month). So I would not worry, it will come soon!

Congratulations on the baby and I also hope you get the EAD soon.

Originally posted by CynNNick View Post
    Okay awesome, i guess we should just wait for the appointment then, I signed up for informed delivery so ill keep an eye. For some reason our lawyer made us get the physical done before sending in our petition. Now that i think about it his physical was done in June that sucks because we are most likely going to run past that, uggghh more money but at least the vaccines are done lol. I wish i had found this website prior.

Yes i just looked and we did submit a I-864 i provided pay stubs and tax returns, this year i filed single instead of married (At the advice of turbo tax.) because i have a son from a previous relationship and hubby didnt have a SS number so now my lawyer adviced us to wait until we have a ss to amend and and change my filing status and then bring the updated tax returns to the interview. We also sent in our marriage license and certificate, Lease agreement, costco membership cards, shared credit cards, 4 friends and family affidavits. tons of photos from random vacations, our wedding, gender reveal party etc, Life insurance policy naming each other as beneficiary.

Im expecting the interview to take a while, we are more concerned about getting his EAD, we really need that as im having our baby on Friday morning and this unpaid leave is going to kill us. I will check out that mentioned thread in detail, thanks so much!
    NBC filer
    8/13/2018: Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 to Chicago (adjusting from J1, married to USC, based in NYC)
    8/16/2018: PD
    8/22/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received
    9/10/2018: Received courtesy I-693 courtesy letter.
    9/24/2018: Biometrics appointment
    9/25/2018: Fingerprint Review Completed
    12/27/2018: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
    03/01/2019: I-765 update on egov.uscis to "New Card is Produced."
    03/04/2019: I-765 and I-131 updated on myaccount to "Case Was Approved."

Comment

Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Originally posted by xeradion00 View Post
      I checked my case today. It said ready to schedule for interview
      Finally got my update- "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"! Know it will still be a long wait for the interview, but feel better after receiving this update. Interesting that I got the text notification at 8:30pm. Most people on this forum only seem to receive updates in the morning.

Updated Timeline:
      I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30
      USPS Receipt: August 1
      Text/ Email confirmation: August 8
      Checks Cashed: August 8
      I-797C Received via mail: August 11
      Biometics letter received: August 18
      I-693 Courtesy Letter received: August 25
      Biometrics Appointment: August 28
      "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - August 29
      "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" - September 19
      Last edited by NYFilingforHusband; 09-19-2018, 08:54 PM.
      I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30, 2018
      "Interview Was Scheduled" - February 20, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by NYFilingforHusband View Post
        Finally got my update- "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"! Know it will still be a long wait for the interview, but feel better after receiving this update. Interesting that I got the text notification at 8:30pm. Most people on this forum only seem to receive updates in the morning.

Updated Timeline:
        I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30
        That's awesome! Congrats! I would spend sometime perusing this thread https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips That can help you prepare for your interview when it comes.

Comment

EAD Application For J2 Visa

Hi.. I am new here.
          I need some advise.
          Me and my fiance will be getting married and will be filing for the J2 status right after the ceremony.

For the EAD processing do I need to be in the USA to submit the documentation?
          Since I am stationed overseas.

And do I also need to stay in the US while waiting for the approval?

please let me know so I can plan in advance.

Thank you for any help and Good luck to all those who are in the process! Cheers!

Comment

Waiting for Biometrics...

Hi!

I'm new here and getting a little anxious about my Biometrics appointment.
            I sent out my i-485 package together with i-130, i-765 / i-131 on August 23rd, and got the receipt notice just a week later, on August 30th.

Since then my online status says:

Fingerprint Fee was received
            On August 28, 2018, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XYZ.
            Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

I still haven't gotten my appointment notice for the Biometrics yet - is anyone else here still waiting for it?
            Reading through this forum, it seems like usually it arrives right after the receipt notice

I am filing from California (Field office will be Santa Ana)

Thank you!
            Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
            Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
            Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
            08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
            09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
            10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
            10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
            11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
            01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
            01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
            08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Comment

Patience

Originally posted by KM24 View Post
              Hi!

I sent out my i-485 package together with i-130, i-765 / i-131 on August 23rd, and got the receipt notice just a week later, on August 30th.

On August 28, 2018, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XYZ.

I still haven't gotten my appointment notice for the Biometrics yet - is anyone else here still waiting for it?
              Reading through this forum, it seems like usually it arrives right after the receipt notice

Thank you!
              Don?t be concerned you are still weighing normal range. It took me a month to receive my biometrics notice after I filed and my lawyer says that is pretty standard.

I see that your PD is August 30, I would expect your notice to come in the next two weeks or so. Just remember this process is more like a marathon rather than a sprint.
              NBC filer
              8/13/2018: Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 to Chicago (adjusting from J1, married to USC, based in NYC)
              8/16/2018: PD
              8/22/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received
              9/10/2018: Received courtesy I-693 courtesy letter.
              9/24/2018: Biometrics appointment
              9/25/2018: Fingerprint Review Completed
              12/27/2018: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
              03/01/2019: I-765 update on egov.uscis to "New Card is Produced."
              03/04/2019: I-765 and I-131 updated on myaccount to "Case Was Approved."

Comment

Hello! I've got my biometrics appointment on September, 22nd with the date 'sent' - on September, 9. My PD is pretty close to yours - on August, 30st, so probably your letter is on its way!
                I am also filling from California (Los Angeles).

Hi!

Thank you!
                AOS through Marriage from B1/B2 Visa overstay
                Los Angeles, CA

08/28/2018 - forms were sent
                08/30 - PD
                09/07 - Text/Mail notifications
                09/10 - the check was cashed
                09/15 - NOA
                09/22 - Biometrics appointment letter
                10/04 - Biometrics was done
                10/11 - ready to be scheduled for an interview
                02/01/2019 - approval letters for I-765 and I-131 [dated 01/29; online status didn't change]
                02/19 - SSN arrived
                02/26 - EAD produced
                04/24 - interview scheduled
                06/05 - interview date

Comment

Originally posted by onendaft View Post
                  Hello! I've got my biometrics appointment on September, 22nd with the date 'sent' - on September, 9. My PD is pretty close to yours - on August, 30st, so probably your letter is on its way!
                  I am also filling from California (Los Angeles).
                  Thank you for sharing! still didn't receive it but positive it's on it's way! we should keep each other updated, i feel like especially South California has crazy waiting times :/

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

Yes, for sure!
                    As I understood from this forum the waiting time mostly depends on local Immigration centers and how complicated your case is.
                    I have a friend, applied for GC through marriage in the end of March (in San Diego), and this week she has an interview scheduled.
                    Hope LA area is the same fast....

Thank you for sharing! still didn't receive it but positive it's on it's way! we should keep each other updated, i feel like especially South California has crazy waiting times :/
                    AOS through Marriage from B1/B2 Visa overstay
                    Los Angeles, CA

08/28/2018 - forms were sent
                    08/30 - PD
                    09/07 - Text/Mail notifications
                    09/10 - the check was cashed
                    09/15 - NOA
                    09/22 - Biometrics appointment letter
                    10/04 - Biometrics was done
                    10/11 - ready to be scheduled for an interview
                    02/01/2019 - approval letters for I-765 and I-131 [dated 01/29; online status didn't change]
                    02/19 - SSN arrived
                    02/26 - EAD produced
                    04/24 - interview scheduled
                    06/05 - interview date

Comment

• Originally posted by KM24 View Post
                      Hi!

Thank you!

I feel your pain Our PD is August 20th and still not bio notice most people say a month but its been some over that for us. Im filing from Central Florida but looks like NBC has the case, no updates. i see people just walk in for bio appointments anyone know how does that work?

Comment

• Bio Walk-in

Originally posted by CynNNick View Post
                        I feel your pain Our PD is August 20th and still not bio notice most people say a month but its been some over that for us. Im filing from Central Florida but looks like NBC has the case, no updates. i see people just walk in for bio appointments anyone know how does that work?
                        For the bio appointment you need to bring the appointment notice you receive in the mail. I believe everyone who has mentioned doing a walk-in had already received their bio appointment, but chose to go in sooner than the appointment date they were given. My husband's bio appointment was only 10 days after we received the appointment notice so we didn't bother with a walk-in. On the day of his appointment he was in and out in 10 minutes. I have read that if you do a walk-in the wait can be much longer than that. Hope you receive your letter soon!
                        I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30, 2018
                        "Interview Was Scheduled" - February 20, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by KM24 View Post
                          Hi!

Thank you!
                          Originally posted by NYFilingforHusband View Post
                          For the bio appointment you need to bring the appointment notice you receive in the mail. I believe everyone who has mentioned doing a walk-in had already received their bio appointment, but chose to go in sooner than the appointment date they were given. My husband's bio appointment was only 10 days after we received the appointment notice so we didn't bother with a walk-in. On the day of his appointment he was in and out in 10 minutes. I have read that if you do a walk-in the wait can be much longer than that. Hope you receive your letter soon!

Thanks so much for the info. yes that makes since as you would need an address to go too. We have no other choice but to just wait. I surly hope it comes soon.

Comment

• new comer

I have been a silent reader and enjoyed all the great comments and thoughts and virtual moral support. You guys are the best. I wanted to add my timeline as we filled in August. I am USC sponsoring parents. It will take a while as NY processing time just moved to 16.5/17 months yesterday.

(c)9 AOS| Filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864
                            PD: 08/14/2018
                            Applicant: B1/B2 Visa holder
                            NOA(s) delivered in my mailbox: 08/27/2018
                            Biometrics NOA delivered in my mailbox: 08/29/2018
                            Biometrics Done: 09/09/2018

Since biometrics, been stuck at Fingerprint Fee Was Received (day 40) using case tracker.
                            (c)9 AOS| Filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864
                            PD: 08/10/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by CynNNick View Post
                              Did you receive yours yet? Still nothing for me... I think I am going to try to call and follow up if I don?t receive it until Wednesday... :/

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

• Getting so worried about my bio. Apointment

My pd aug 22 2018 have filled sr last week up to today haven?t got anything in my mail am I the only one

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X