August 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Soliman.moe View Post
    Well I spoke to them they said my location is busy that?s why it?s taking them so long but the bad news is they can?t start my process unless am done with the bio. So you?ll never be able to get the ead or combo card unless we?re done with the finger print
    Originally posted by KM24 View Post
    I called USCIS today and was told it?s not unusual that the appointment notice is taking so long... couldn?t give me any reason why some people get it right away and some don?t though...

Good thing: They told me it?s definitely possible to get your EAD before they take your fingerprints, so it doesn?t actually delay the processing of your EAD
    this is interesting, the biometrics appointment is required when filing a concurrent AOS. please correct me if I'm wrong but i dont believe its needed if your filing under a different status in order to get your EAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by mvega002 View Post
      Reading this thread made me feel so much better! Looks like it's taking awhile for some people to get a biometric appointment. I received my receipt notices 09/06 that my fingerprint fee was received on 08/24, but I have yet to receive a biometrics appointment. I'm applying out of Southern California.
      I only got antsy since my sister submitted an AOS for my mom two weeks after I sent mine in and my mom received both receipt notices and her biometric appointment at the same time. She already has her appointment set for 10/09.
      I guess I'll wait it out another week since my lawyer hasn't received anything as well. It's anxiety inducing to keep thinking that maybe it got lost in the mail and I'll miss it and... blah, blah, blah
      I'm signing up for Informed Delivery. lol
      We are on the same boat!
      Last edited by Angie_CA; 10-03-2018, 01:57 PM.
      FO: San Francisco, CA
      08/24/18: PD
      10/26: Biometrics notice rcvd
      11/05: Bio appt
      11/02: Early walk in for Biometrics
      11/07: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
      11/27: Fingerprint Review was completed
      12/24: Filed for I-131/AP
      02/08/19: EAD Card is being produced
      02/08/19: AP approved

Comment

• Please keep me updated with your status. My biometrics was done on 9/6 and the last status I got is that "ASC received biometrics on 9/7.
        Would like to know when you have an update. And I will keep you updated as well.
        C(9) Adjustment of status from F1
        Providence RI
        08-03-18 PD
        08-10-18 Check Cashed Date
        09-06-18 Biometrics
        11-15-18 Courtesy letter was issued
        11-28-18 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        12-18-18 EAD: New card is being produced
        12-20-18 EAD/AP Approval Notices
        12-26-18 Picked up EAD/AP from post office
        01-04-19 Interview was scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by CynNNick View Post
          this is interesting, the biometrics appointment is required when filing a concurrent AOS. please correct me if I'm wrong but i dont believe its needed if your filing under a different status in order to get your EAD.
          You?re right as far as I know

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
            No, while it could mean that, it really just means that the case is not missing any initial required evidence. Now, if they are in a jurisdiction served by a fast field office, it is possible that the interview may be scheduled shortly after this last status update OR not.
            Hello and thanks for your respond. How would I know if it is a fast field office? Our package was mailed to Chicago and later transferred to NBC. We completed biometrics and even had to respond to RFIE during this time frame Aug 15-Oct 1. Thanks in advance?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4family View Post
              Hello and thanks for your respond. How would I know if it is a fast field office? Our package was mailed to Chicago and later transferred to NBC. We completed biometrics and even had to respond to RFIE during this time frame Aug 15-Oct 1. Thanks in advance?
              This site provides applicants the ability to see an estimate of the time to completion from submission of USCIS forms based on its adjudication location and subtype.

There you go

Comment

• August Filer but yet to receive anything

hi guys,
                i am August filer and i have not even receive the receipt. And my attorney says it happen, but i am worried. Please what can i do?

Comment

• Does Informed Delivery have an option to see mail that is not coming the same day but at a later date? Or do they just scan mail that is scheduled to be delivered that same day?
                  RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
                  10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
                  10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                  10/22 - Early bio walk-in
                  11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
                  11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
                  01/13/2020 - Interview
                  01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dr 1348 View Post
                    hi guys,
                    i am August filer and i have not even receive the receipt. And my attorney says it happen, but i am worried. Please what can i do?
                    Did you sent the package with tracking/ confirm it was received? USCIS does list instructions (below) for lost packages, so it must happen. Hopefully that is not the case but I would reach out to USCIS to see what is going on. Good luck!

Application Lost During Intake Process
                    If applicants or their representatives have any specific cases where they believe something was lost by a Lockbox facility, please provide details by email to Lockbox Support at [email protected] and we will investigate.
                    I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30, 2018
                    USPS Receipt: August 1
                    Text/ Email confirmation: August 8
                    Checks Cashed: August 8
                    I-797C Received via mail: August 11
                    Biometics letter received: August 18
                    I-693 Courtesy Letter received: August 25
                    Biometrics Appointment: August 28
                    "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - August 29
                    "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" - September 19
                    "Interview Was Scheduled" - February 20, 2019

Comment

• Noticed that there were a few other DACA applicants here submitting their AOS. Question for you guys: will you also be reapplying to renew your DACA if applicable? Mine will be expiring in January and I'm wondering whether it would be overkill to renew my DACA.
                      Case and biometrics fee was received by USCIS: 08/24/2018
                      Bio appointment received scheduled for 11/07: 10/27/18
                      Biometrics taken: 11/07/18
                      Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 11/21/18
                      Fingerprint Review was completed: 11/27/2018
                      Interview was scheduled: 01/03/19
                      Interview scheduled for 02/13/19
                      I-765 Case Approved Update: 01/24/19
                      Card was mailed out: 01/25/19

Comment

• AOS F-1 VISA Marriage Based

I just wanted to share my TL here because I have benefit from this forum.

Filed in Dallas TX, sent forms i485, i130, i765, i864, no medicals, no lawyers.
                        PD: August 1st 2018
                        RFE: August 17 2018: Additional information to prove sponsor?s income.

I sent the information they needed the following week.

I-485 changed to RFE received on August 29 2018.

August 30,2018: Biometrics
                        October 2nd 2018: New Card is being produced.
                        October 3rd 2018: Case approved (for EAD)
                        October 4th 2018: Card was mailed to me.

Hopefully I should get it in the mail before the end of next week.

I have read in different threads that Dallas is very slow. I guess I am lucky. It only took 61 days for my EAD to be approved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacnewton43! View Post
                          I just wanted to share my TL here because I have benefit from this forum.

Filed in Dallas TX, sent forms i485, i130, i765, i864, no medicals, no lawyers.
                          PD: August 1st 2018
                          RFE: August 17 2018: Additional information to prove sponsor?s income.

I sent the information they needed the following week.

I-485 changed to RFE received on August 29 2018.

August 30,2018: Biometrics
                          October 2nd 2018: New Card is being produced.
                          October 3rd 2018: Case approved (for EAD)
                          October 4th 2018: Card was mailed to me.

Hopefully I should get it in the mail before the end of next week.

I have read in different threads that Dallas is very slow. I guess I am lucky. It only took 61 days for my EAD to be approved.
                          Congratulation, that was fast! Was your filing at the National Benefit Center starting with MSCxxx?
                          (c)9 AOS| Filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864
                          PD: 08/10/2018

Comment

Noticed that there were a few other DACA applicants here submitting their AOS. Question for you guys: will you also be reapplying to renew your DACA if applicable? Mine will be expiring in January and I'm wondering whether it would be overkill to renew my DACA.
                            I dont think it would interfere with your AOS case but you would be spending the extra money to renew DACA. Im also a DACA recipient and mine expired this month but i wont renew it since i applied for my AOS in August.

Best of luck!
                            FO: San Francisco, CA
                            08/24/18: PD
                            10/26: Biometrics notice rcvd
                            11/05: Bio appt
                            11/02: Early walk in for Biometrics
                            11/07: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                            11/27: Fingerprint Review was completed
                            12/24: Filed for I-131/AP
                            02/08/19: EAD Card is being produced
                            02/08/19: AP approved

Comment

Noticed that there were a few other DACA applicants here submitting their AOS. Question for you guys: will you also be reapplying to renew your DACA if applicable? Mine will be expiring in January and I'm wondering whether it would be overkill to renew my DACA.
                              I will not be reapplying for mine. My DACA expires in August of 2019. I filed I-130 I-131 I-765 and I-485 together through marriage based AOS and i think that USCIS might be able to expidite the I-765 if i do not receive it before the expiration date.(not 100% sure might have to ask my attorney about this). I think it might be overkill and a waste of money if you have already filed for the I-765 with the AOS. I would still recommend looking into wether or not they can expidite before it expires so you do not lose your current EAD. Also consider that with your DACA expiring you will lose your current protected status. I had my DACA expire April of 2017 and lost a very good job because my employer needed an updated EAD and i was still waiting for it to be accepted.
                              Marriage based AOS
                              I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
                              DACA recipient
                              MKE, WI field office

Priority date: 7-12-18
                              NOAs sent: 7-16-18
                              Checks cashed: 7-16-18
                              Courtesy letter for I-693: 8-7-18
                              BIO appt: 8-10-18
                              Interview ready to be scheduled: 8-17-18
                              New card is being produced (I-765 I-131 combo): 12-13-18
                              EAD/AP combo card received: 12-20-18
                              Interview has been scheduled: 1-23-19
                              Interview date: 2-25-19
                              GC in production:2-26-19

Comment

• Anyone filing from CA received their biometrics appointment yet? Still waiting and getting more and more anxious... 😭
                                Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
                                Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
                                Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
                                08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
                                09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
                                10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
                                10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
                                11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                                01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
                                01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
                                08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X