August 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Angie_CA View Post
    I called USCIS and spoke w/ a level 2 officer. She said that i just have to wait. It could take 30,60,90 days for them to schedule for a biometric appt.

So lets keep praying!
    That's too long though. I am wondering what the hold up is. It's possible that they're focusing on N-400s now.
    I would reach out to your Senator.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      That's too long though. I am wondering what the hold up is. It's possible that they're focusing on N-400s now.
      I would reach out to your Senator.
      It is waaaaay too long! A lot of us here in the forum are going through the same.
      FO: San Francisco, CA
      08/24/18: PD
      10/26: Biometrics notice rcvd
      11/05: Bio appt
      11/02: Early walk in for Biometrics
      11/07: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
      11/27: Fingerprint Review was completed
      12/24: Filed for I-131/AP
      02/08/19: EAD Card is being produced
      02/08/19: AP approved

Comment

• Originally posted by CynNNick View Post
        Our lawyer said this is non concerning too. she gave the standard it can take up to 4 months line... ::insert eye roll::
        We're just relieved that it isn't just us waiting on the boo letter.
        So will the delay in biometric affect when you receive your EAD? I filed on August 29th and I still haven't recieved my bio appointment yet. This is kind of frustrating

Comment

• Originally posted by prynzwood View Post
          So will the delay in biometric affect when you receive your EAD? I filed on August 29th and I still haven't recieved my bio appointment yet. This is kind of frustrating
          Well I'm on the same boat as you and from what I read on this forum they use the picture they take at your bio appt for your EAD and the green card. So technically (and unfortunately) it would cause delay. Which is also silly since I sent 6 pictures along with my application; perhaps waste of time, paper and money?

However I found the following link so I'm assuming it depends on your category:

Marriage based AOS

Concurrent filing for I 130, I 485 and I 765
          Florida

09/19/18; PD
          09/26/18; checks cashed, USCIS text received
          10/01/18; NOAs received
          10/19/18; Biometrics letter
          10/22/18; Biometrics (early walk-in)
          10/24/18; Interview Scheduled (Notice)
          10/29/18; Interview Scheduled (Mail received)
          11/28/18; The Interview, approval on spot
          12/06/18; GC in hand

Comment

• Any August filers still waiting for biometrics. Filed 08/24 to 8/31 MSC still waiting

Any August filers still waiting for Finger print / biometrics ??. Filed 08/24 08/31. MSC still waiting?/

I am also waiting for FP notice, RD Aug 27th ,FP 30th , MSC XX

Comment

• Originally posted by kingkong1977 View Post
              Any August filers still waiting for Finger print / biometrics ??. Filed 08/24 08/31. MSC still waiting?/

I am also waiting for FP notice, RD Aug 27th ,FP 30th , MSC XX
              Hey my PD is 8/24 as well and still waiting on bio appt. i created a thread for ppl waiting on bio letter bc a lot of us (especially august filers) are waiting over a month for bio appt

Comment

• Originally posted by prynzwood View Post
                When I called, I was told the biometrics is not necessarily needed for the EAD, apparently lots of EADs don?t have a fingerprint on them - for the picture I assume they could use one of the 6 they required for the application. Not sure if that applies for all categories but it gave me at least a little hope 🤞🏻
                Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
                Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
                Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
                08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
                09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
                10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
                10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
                11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
                01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
                08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Comment

• No biometrics appointment yet

Omg so stressed out it?s 58 days nothing yet no biometrics letter yet ... what about my combo card 1000 days ... any news for you guys regarding biometrics

Comment

• Originally posted by Soliman.moe View Post
                    Omg so stressed out it?s 58 days nothing yet no biometrics letter yet ... what about my combo card 1000 days ... any news for you guys regarding biometrics
                    I'm sorry about your experience... :-/
                    I got my biometrics letter 3 weeks after PD, I walked-in instead of waiting for my appointment.
                    The next day after the biometrics I got a notification "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" for both I-485 and I-765 and later this day i got "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" just on I-485.

Hope you will get your appointment soon!
                    NYC, C(9), Same Sex | NOT USING A LAWYER

08/29/18 - Priority Date
                    09/04/18 - Credit Card Was Charge
                    09/10/18 - 4 NOA Letters
                    09/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Letter
                    09/26/18 - Biometrics Walk-In
                    09/27/18 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed (I-485 + I-765)
                    09/27/18 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview (I-485)
                    01/16/19 - Case Was Approved (I-765 + I-131)
                    01/19/19 - Received Combo Card
                    01/23/19 - Received Social Security Card

PM for any question!

Comment

Hey my PD is 8/24 as well and still waiting on bio appt. i created a thread for ppl waiting on bio letter bc a lot of us (especially august filers) are waiting over a month for bio appt
                      I think it might be worth reaching out to the Ombudsman. Maybe there is YET another system glitch and all those letters are just stuck somewhere in cyber limbo.

Comment

• I posted this in September filers. I called yesterday to ask about my biometrics appointment and the rep said it's not even issued yet. So I requested an expedited EAD. He placed the request for me and today I faxed the job offer letter to USCIS. If the biometrics are needed for the EAD, I would assume that in order to produce my EAD, they will need to schedule my biometrics first. Hence, I am hoping that the expedite request triggers the bio appointment. Worth doing the same y'all if you have a job offer.
                        RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
                        10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
                        10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                        10/22 - Early bio walk-in
                        11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
                        11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
                        01/13/2020 - Interview
                        01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
                          I posted this in September filers. I called yesterday to ask about my biometrics appointment and the rep said it's not even issued yet. So I requested an expedited EAD. He placed the request for me and today I faxed the job offer letter to USCIS. If the biometrics are needed for the EAD, I would assume that in order to produce my EAD, they will need to schedule my biometrics first. Hence, I am hoping that the expedite request triggers the bio appointment. Worth doing the same y'all if you have a job offer.
                          I applaud you for being this proactive. If it works, then all the more power to you. I just googled "biometrics without biometrics appointment letter". Per Avvo, depending upon the ASC, they may just take you. I would certainly bring your I-797 for the I-485, since that is the main petition. I would even have handy the one for the I-130. You know, if I were you, I would just try. But I am not you.

Comment

I am in the same situation, it has been 50 days and no biometric appointment notice yet. I called and put in my request service, and hopefully I will receive something in the mail the next 15 days. I am worried sick, just waiting for the notice of appointment

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              I applaud you for being this proactive. If it works, then all the more power to you. I just googled "biometrics without biometrics appointment letter". Per Avvo, depending upon the ASC, they may just take you. I would certainly bring your I-797 for the I-485, since that is the main petition. I would even have handy the one for the I-130. You know, if I were you, I would just try. But I am not you.
                              Thanks for the advice. I?m in Seattle so judging by the processing times, the ASC is most likely swamped and unwilling to give any leeway. I see an envelope from USCIS coming today in, hopefully it?s the biometrics letter! 🙏🏻
                              RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
                              10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
                              10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                              10/22 - Early bio walk-in
                              11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
                              11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
                              01/13/2020 - Interview
                              01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by phuongmiu6194 View Post
                                I am in the same situation, it has been 50 days and no biometric appointment notice yet. I called and put in my request service, and hopefully I will receive something in the mail the next 15 days. I am worried sick, just waiting for the notice of appointment
                                Me too!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X