X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
    Good fast process for you. I had to wait 5 month for a RFIE be sent to me
    In any event , if you need to start working ASAP. Expedite your EAD

If you are outside normal processing time (I don’t think you are) file a SR here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...oPageType=onpt
    Otherwise, please wait a little more patiently or call USCIS

How do I expedite my EAD? It would be good have EAD of course.

Comment

• August Filer

I have filed for my wife on August 6th and finished the biometrics and received the RFE on September first week, i responsed to the RFE right away on September 6th, till then no response. mY wife has to travel in 2 weeks, What do you guys think? will she receive approval. Please suggest

Comment

• Originally posted by achalshahbhavans View Post
        I have filed for my wife on August 6th and finished the biometrics and received the RFE on September first week, i responsed to the RFE right away on September 6th, till then no response. mY wife has to travel in 2 weeks, What do you guys think? will she receive approval. Please suggest
        Hi, I honestly think it will be very close. I’m not sure what effect the RFE has but also without it there’s a good chance she won’t receive it before Christmas (not an expert but I remember what effect summer vacation had on USCIS sending out Biometrics appointments, I can only imagine what impact Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays have...)

It’s very sad though, I was hoping on flying home to see my family for the holidays too
        Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
        Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
        Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
        08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
        09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
        10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
        10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
        11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
        01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
        08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by KM24 View Post
          Hi, I honestly think it will be very close. I’m not sure what effect the RFE has but also without it there’s a good chance she won’t receive it before Christmas (not an expert but I remember what effect summer vacation had on USCIS sending out Biometrics appointments, I can only imagine what impact Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays have...)

It’s very sad though, I was hoping on flying home to see my family for the holidays too
          Me 2! Cant wait to be able to visit my home country
          FO: San Francisco, CA
          08/24/18: PD
          10/26: Biometrics notice rcvd
          11/05: Bio appt
          11/02: Early walk in for Biometrics
          11/07: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
          11/27: Fingerprint Review was completed
          12/24: Filed for I-131/AP
          02/08/19: EAD Card is being produced
          02/08/19: AP approved

Comment

Thank you for your insight, yes i hope she gets it too, she has not been to India since past 3 years and its very frustrating to see that I 131 is taking such a long time. and National benefits center are slow in processing too. If she gets a approval notice she can stil travel right, and then i can bring her Ead/AP card? anyone with experience with that

Comment

• Originally posted by achalshahbhavans View Post
              Thank you for your insight, yes i hope she gets it too, she has not been to India since past 3 years and its very frustrating to see that I 131 is taking such a long time. and National benefits center are slow in processing too. If she gets a approval notice she can stil travel right, and then i can bring her Ead/AP card? anyone with experience with that
              Not sure, probably best to consult a licensed attorney to make sure she will not abandon her I-131 application.

Here is what the USCIS website says about it:
              'If you file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, to request an advance parole document and depart the United States without possession of an advance parole document that is valid for the entire time you are abroad, your Form I-131 will be considered abandoned. At times, an individual may have an approved advance parole document while a second one is pending. Individuals may travel on the approved advanced parole document, provided the document is valid for the entire duration of the time abroad. The pending Form I-131 will not be considered abandoned in this situation.'

https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...ergency-travel
              Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
              AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
              DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
              DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
              DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
              DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
              DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
              JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
              FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
              FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

• Just wondering - if your case status is on „Ready to be scheduled for interview“ - does that mean everything was filed correctly and you won’t receive any RFIEs or is there still a chance that they need more information?

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

Just wondering - if your case status is on „Ready to be scheduled for interview“ - does that mean everything was filed correctly and you won’t receive any RFIEs or is there still a chance that they need more information?
                  Yes, in a nutshell it means that they reviewed your file and determined that NO INITIAL REQUIRED EVIDENCE is missing. (I am not yelling at you. LOL). The I-693 courtesy letter tells you that in a different way, but same concept - everything is here. You did not submit your medical and that is OK. Just bring it to the interview.

So you're in the clear. Your case is "interviewable" "interview-ready". The next checkpoint happens when the officer at the field office reviews your file BEFORE your interview to become familiar with your case OR during your interview and determines they need to issue a Request for additional evidence. I hope this makes sense. If it does not, just ask. We are all here to help!

Santa Ana, CA is a fairly fast field office. So if I were you, I would start prepping that Table of Contents, Advanced Health Care Directives and Financial Power of Attorneys. Many have found this thread very useful in preparing their evidence of bona fide marriage for their initial AOS filing and subsequent interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                    Yes, in a nutshell it means that they reviewed your file and determined that NO INITIAL REQUIRED EVIDENCE is missing. (I am not yelling at you. LOL). The I-693 courtesy letter tells you that in a different way, but same concept - everything is here. You did not submit your medical and that is OK. Just bring it to the interview.

So you're in the clear. Your case is "interviewable" "interview-ready". The next checkpoint happens when the officer at the field office reviews your file BEFORE your interview to become familiar with your case OR during your interview and determines they need to issue a Request for additional evidence. I hope this makes sense. If it does not, just ask. We are all here to help!

Santa Ana, CA is a fairly fast field office. So if I were you, I would start prepping that Table of Contents, Advanced Health Care Directives and Financial Power of Attorneys. Many have found this thread very useful in preparing their evidence of bona fide marriage for their initial AOS filing and subsequent interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips
                    Thanks so much, that helps a lot!
                    I’ll definitely go through that thread! What exactly is Financial Power of Attorneys?
                    And how do you know Santa Ana is a quite fast field office? It says 12-36 months online, I find that pretty long :/

Also, do you have any tips on proving a bona fida marriage without having an actual real wedding? We only went to the courthouse without having friends or family there - not because we didn’t want a wedding but mostly because we wanted to save up money for it first (what’s not easy since I still can’t work and was only here as an unpaid intern one year before that...).

Thanks so much!

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

Thanks so much, that helps a lot!
                      I’ll definitely go through that thread! What exactly is Financial Power of Attorneys?
                      And how do you know Santa Ana is a quite fast field office? It says 12-36 months online, I find that pretty long :/

Also, do you have any tips on proving a bona fida marriage without having an actual real wedding? We only went to the courthouse without having friends or family there - not because we didn’t want a wedding but mostly because we wanted to save up money for it first (what’s not easy since I still can’t work and was only here as an unpaid intern one year before that...).

Thanks so much!
                      Please take the time to the click through the links on the thread. Thank you kindly! You can also click on my username and read through my posts. 2,381 if you include this one.

I have observed that the Santa Ana office if way faster than the posted processing times. There are field offices that do not bother updating the processing times and then they're assigned this generic and long processing time.

We have discussed processing times extensively on this forum. Just use the search function!

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        Please take the time to the click through the links on the thread. Thank you kindly! You can also click on my username and read through my posts. 2,381 if you include this one.

I have observed that the Santa Ana office if way faster than the posted processing times. There are field offices that do not bother updating the processing times and then they're assigned this generic and long processing time.

We have discussed processing times extensively on this forum. Just use the search function!
                        Got it! Thank you!!

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

• Combo card in hand.

Today my combo card was delivered to me. Thanks to this forum. I have being a silent follower all these while.

Concurrent filing of I-485,I-130,I-30A I-131,I-765,I -693.
                          Adjusting from F1 Visa, married to US Citizen
                          Filling Location: Houston,tx.
                          8/13/2018: package sent thru usps.
                          8/14/2018: package delivered &signed by R.mercado.
                          8/22/2018: PD
                          9/7/2018: Biometrics Appointment notice for 9/25/2018.
                          9/21/2018:Early biometric walk in.
                          10/15/2018: Name was updated.
                          10/15/2018:first expedite request for i-765 & i-131;No response from Uscis.
                          11/19/2018: 2nd expedite request for i-765 &i-131.
                          11/21/2018:received email from uscis to fax proof of Job offer.
                          11/26/2018: faxed proof to uscis.
                          11/27/2018:contacted the senator.
                          11/28/2018:faxed documents to senators office.
                          11/30/2018: case approved for i-765 & i-131 .
                          11/30/2018: New card is being produced.
                          12/4/2018: card was mailed to me.
                          12/8/2018: combo card in hand.
                          Spicy

Comment

• Originally posted by Spicy View Post
                            Today my combo card was delivered to me. Thanks to this forum. I have being a silent follower all these while.

Concurrent filing of I-485,I-130,I-30A I-131,I-765,I -693.
                            Adjusting from F1 Visa, married to US Citizen
                            Filling Location: Houston,tx.
                            8/13/2018: package sent thru usps.
                            8/14/2018: package delivered &signed by R.mercado.
                            8/22/2018: PD
                            9/7/2018: Biometrics Appointment notice for 9/25/2018.
                            9/21/2018:Early biometric walk in.
                            10/15/2018: Name was updated.
                            10/15/2018:first expedite request for i-765 & i-131;No response from Uscis.
                            11/19/2018: 2nd expedite request for i-765 &i-131.
                            11/21/2018:received email from uscis to fax proof of Job offer.
                            11/26/2018: faxed proof to uscis.
                            11/27/2018:contacted the senator.
                            11/28/2018:faxed documents to senators office.
                            11/30/2018: case approved for i-765 & i-131 .
                            11/30/2018: New card is being produced.
                            12/4/2018: card was mailed to me.
                            12/8/2018: combo card in hand.
                            Congrats Spicy and don’t be a silent reader, please come and engage
                            C9 Spouse of USC
                            NYC Filer
                            04/13/18 - PD
                            05/04/18 - Bio notice
                            05/23/18 - Bio completed
                            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                            10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                            10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                            10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                            10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                            11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
                              Congrats Spicy and don’t be a silent reader, please come and engage
                              Thank you. i will.
                              Spicy

Comment

• Hope everyone’s doing well!
                                Any EAD updates for us August filers?
                                (The ones that didn’t expedite)

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X