I-485 Interview Approved on the Spot Orlando Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Interview Approved on the Spot Orlando Office

Hello everyone! First of All I would like to thank everyone in this forum especially those who regularly contributes and answer questions etc. I will share my experience but here is my timeline.

July 2016 - entered USA using a B1/B2 visa for the second time to meet my BF back then ( now my husband)
    Nov 2016 - applied for extension for non-immigrant status.
    Mar 2017- BF proposed and got married 11 days later ( Las Vegas Chapel Wedding)
    - we also hired a lawyer, had no idea of the process Also havent found this forum yet. Also I havent receive decision for my B1/B2 extension at the time yet.
    April 2017 - Approval for extension of non-immigranf status was received - new I-94 would expire July 2017
    -all paper works done and sent for AOS application.
    May 2017 - received RFE- asked to submit my husbands 2015 tax return
    Aug 2017 - biometrics done, applied for SSN, received EAD and AP combo.
    Jan 2018 - husband booked for a Cruise with my family for labour day weekend thinking I would have my GC before the cruise. Silly on our part but yes we did!
    May 2018 - Applied for EAD renewal
    July 2018 - received notice for interview. August 30 - same day my EAD + AP , DL expiration.

August 30 2018- is the day. Went to the office and met lawyer, lawyer gathered original and propf of relationship + pictures paperworks. We had 3 diff folder but lawyer still chose what to present. We waited over an hour and was finally called. The interviewing officer was very nice. Interview was done in 10-12 minutes and waited another 10 minutes or less in the waiting area to get my passport back. We sworn in. Asked basic details and the yes and no questions. Officer asked for my husband first the following questions:

1. When did you meet and how?
    2. When did you personally meet each other the first time? Did you pick her up from the airport? Where did you stay? How long was she here for?
    3. When is her Date of birth?
    4. Do you know her parents name? He mentioned my mothers name and my step-father( he met both) explained that he has not met my father yet.
    5. Where do you live? How long have you been living there?
    6. Have you been married before? How many times?

Questions asked for me:
    1. Have you meet your parents in-law? Can you tell the names?
    2. Where does he work and what does he do?
    3. What is your home address? How long have you been living there? (Answerwd since July 2016)
    4. Have you previously entered USA ? For what reason?
    5. Havw you been married before ? How many times?
    6. Officer read my ex-husbands name, where is he now? ( we were actually surprised by the question)
    7. How long were you married to your ex husband? When did you get divorce?
    8. Do you work? What is your address ? ( 2nd time asked for my address)

Questions for both while officer was browsing through proof of relationship.

1. Is this the only bank account that you have? Question to my husband, he said he has a credit union that has a car loan with but cannot add me in the account since they require non citizens to have. Green card to become a member.
    2. Do you have any children from this marriage and previous? Both no children from previous marriage and we have a 9 month old daughter together. ( officer looked at the ******** profile screenshots and said how chubby and cute my daughter is) LOL
    3. Is there anything he needed to know or we would like to add? We both said No.

Immediately he said he is going to approve right away and that I will have my Green card within 3 weeka. That?s when my lawyer reached out , showed the Cruise booking and informed we booked the Cruise almost 9 months ago and that it will be in 3 days time, is there any way I can be on that cruise ? The officer said I will stamp her passport and asked us to wait outside. 10 mins later - I had my passport back with a Temporary Residence Stamp. Was informed that not everyone at the CBPs at the Ports would know this in case they ask for documentation from me when I return, but also bring and show the interview notice, EAD+AP card when asked. After that we exited the building with smiles on our face, Then Everyones happy!

* PS I had all the requirements for Emergency Advance Parole requirements in my car including $575 money order just in case my case would need further review. I had an infopasa 2 weeks ago and explained the situation and that?s what I was adviced to do so although course no guarantee. Because even though it?s non emergency I would suffer financially as the family trip has been paid off and the cruise company would not give me ANY credit for future use. Glad I end up not using the money order and preparation and luck has been on my side today.

Also I went to DMV and showed them my pasport with temporary stamp, and notice of interview. I was given a temporary pwrmit because my New DL would be mailed to me from Tallahasee with an 8 year validity.

Thank you for reading! It has been a frustrating wait for me and my husband. But I want to say that if you know you did not do anything illegal and not planning to do so, relationship and marriage is real - you will get it.
    For others that are still waiting for interview, best of luck and again preparation is the Key. Also have Faith and Pray, sometimes it really works!

Awesome, congrats. I like your husband's style. Truly I think your renewal for AP would have been enough for them to waive the emergency AP fee, since emergency AP is included in the i485 costs only when they think you are using a different entrance class they charge the fee. None of that matters you got the stamp .

Comment

a friend of mine is changing status and she is filling for employment and parole too, what the correct fee, bcos she said he saw

different prices here and she really needs to submit the document today, thanks, i dont know toothats why i rushed down here to professionals
      Last edited by elotpayment; 03-19-2019, 06:20 AM. Reason: fees

Comment

Originally posted by elotpayment View Post
        I am changing status and i am filling for employment and parole too, what the correct fee, bcos i see different prices here i really need to submit the document today, thanks
        No additional fee. Employment and Parole fee included in AOS (I-485) fee.
        Field Office: Houston, TX
        PD: Nov 14, 2016
        Fingerprints: Dec 15, 2016
        Ready to schedule for interview: Jan 07, 2017
        Interview letter issued: Jul 03, 2018
        Interview scheduled: Aug 07,2018 9:35 am
        Interview was from 10.30 to 11.00 am
        Approved: Aug 07,2018 3:30 pm

Comment

Originally posted by Camicookie14 View Post
          Hello everyone! First of All I would like to thank everyone in this forum especially those who regularly contributes and answer questions etc. I will share my experience but here is my timeline.

1. Is this the only bank account that you have? Question to my husband, he said he has a credit union that has a car loan with but cannot add me in the account since they require non citizens to have. Green card to become a member.
          Congratulations! And thank you for letting me know how everything turned out. I think you executed it all beautifully. You did not leave anything to chance. You even had the money order in the car to request emergency advance parole. And you didn't need it anyway because you had been laser focused on getting approved on the spot. And you did it!

The only comment I have - and this is mostly for anyone who may be lacking evidence - is that if you are unable to add your spouse to your insurance, or credit union or whatever, attempt to add them ANYWAY. Then, the institution will issue a rejection letter saying "Unfortunately, we are not able to add your spouse at this time as X, Y or Z are required" Y'all get the idea. That way the ISO has more than a verbal statement. They have to justify their decisions. And if all you have is 10 rejection letters from insurance, credit union, car insurance, health insurance, etc. Then, all those rejections are in fact evidence of bona fide marriage and of the intent to add your spouse, like any married couple would do.

You did great! I hope you have a great time on your cruise!

All the best,

USCFFS
          Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 09-07-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elotpayment View Post
            I am changing status and i am filling for employment and parole too, what the correct fee, bcos i see different prices here i really need to submit the document today, thanks
            You are not required to pay for EAD/AP if you are filing concurrently. The $1225 for AOS and Biometrics covers those. Good luck!
            Aug 30th, 2018 -sent forms I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
            Sept 4th- Case Received/ PD
            Sept 13th- Notifications received
            Sept 21st- notification for finger print
            Oct 4th-Finger print done
            Oct 10th -Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
            Jan 22nd (2019)- Interview was scheduled
            Feb 28th - Interview
            March 4th- card is being produced
            March 6th- case (I-765 & I-131) closed, benefit recived by other means)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X