Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien number for AOS(I-485)

Hi Y'all,

My spouse applied for my I-130 on behalf of PR back in Feb 2018. Now I am applying for Adjustment of Status(I-485) and I don't have Alien number. Can I file it without it or do I need Alien number to file AOS? I am on OPT as I was F-1 Student.

Thank you

Originally posted by asahmed091 View Post
    Hi Y'all,

My spouse applied for my I-130 on behalf of PR back in Feb 2018. Now I am applying for Adjustment of Status(I-485) and I don't have Alien number. Can I file it without it or do I need Alien number to file AOS? I am on OPT as I was F-1 Student.

Thank you

That's normal. Look at the instructions - I'm sure it says in the docs that if you have an Alien Number, you have to provide it. I adjusted from F1-OPT, too, and didn't have one. (You get one once you're a permanent resident). BTW, any reason you didn't file concurrently? You can also apply for employment authorization (I-765) and Advance Parole (I-131) at the same time, for no extra fee. And you should as you can't travel on your F-1 any longer, and also can't renew your OPT employment authorization once you've applied for Adjustment of Status.
    AOS from F1 OPT, full packet, c(9)
    06/06 Package sent to Chicago lockbox
    06/11 Package received
    06/11 PD
    06/18 4 email + 4 SMS notifications. NBC
    06/23 3 NoA received via mail. I-131 missing
    07/06 Biometrics notice, Anchorage for 07/12
    07/09 800 miles drive, 15 moose, 1 porcupine and 3 eagles later, walk-in biometrics
    07/17 Missing NoA for I-131 showed up in the mail
    08/23 Interview, Anchorage
    08/25 New card is being produced
    08/27 Case was approved

Comment

Hi Y'all,

Thank you
      If you look at your EAD approval notice, your Alien Number OR USCIS number (Same thing minus the A), should be on the approval notice. You may file without the F-1 A-number assigned to you. However, we figured that it would be best for the F-1 A-number to be tied to the new A-number. But that's just us.
      Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 09-18-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Y'all,

Thank you
        The I-130 receipt should have your A number.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          The I-130 receipt should have your A number.
          I-130 has my USC (petitioner) A-number, I-485 has my alien spouse's (beneficiary) A-number.

A-number belong to whom the letter is addressed.

AOS could be filed without A-number if you don't have it yet.
          Field Office: Houston, TX
          PD: Nov 14, 2016
          Fingerprints: Dec 15, 2016
          Ready to schedule for interview: Jan 07, 2017
          Interview letter issued: Jul 03, 2018
          Interview scheduled: Aug 07,2018 9:35 am
          Interview was from 10.30 to 11.00 am
          Approved: Aug 07,2018 3:30 pm

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}