RFIE 5 Months after PD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    It's simple, though. What is your file missing? Initial required evidence is all listed on the instructions for all forms. At this point, it may be easiest to make an Infopass appointment. I believe ISOs may be able to "open" the letter in the system.
    Here you go

Google is your best friend. If you google "Infopass", the very first result is that link I just gave you.
    The only problem I have is that I don?t know what an infopass is. Can you shed some light ? Also, after the CSR suggested infopass I immediately went to the website but this is what comes up (see picture attached)
    I am waiting until tomorrow
    Attached Files
    C9 Spouse of USC
    NYC Filer
    04/13/18 - PD
    05/04/18 - Bio notice
    05/23/18 - Bio completed
    09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
    09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
    10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
    10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
    10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
    10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
    10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
    11/26/18 - NOA for I765
    11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
    12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
      The only problem I have is that I don?t know what an infopass is. Can you shed some light ? Also, after the CSR suggested infopass I immediately went to the website but this is what comes up (see picture attached)
      I am waiting until tomorrow
      This link explains in great detail everything there is to know about infopass. You get to speak to a real immigration services officer at Infopass for 15 minutes. The level 1, level 2 and even level 3 reps that you talk to on the phone are NOT immigration services officers. They are, first of all, at the Contact center, and they are customer service representatives with different levels of access to your file. They are not immigration services officers.

The best time to find an open appointment slot is right at midnight. 12:00AM. That's when all the slots become available for the next 14 days. They prefer that you go to the Field office that has jurisdiction over your case. However, since your case physical file is not at your field office, I would speculate that you could go to any field office - in New York, at least. All officers have access to your file. Thus, they should be able to look it up.

Comment

This link explains in great detail everything there is to know about infopass. You get to speak to a real immigration services officer at Infopass for 15 minutes. The level 1, level 2 and even level 3 reps that you talk to on the phone are NOT immigration services officers. They are, first of all, at the Contact center, and they are customer service representatives with different levels of access to your file. They are not immigration services officers.

The best time to find an open appointment slot is right at midnight. 12:00AM. That's when all the slots become available for the next 14 days. They prefer that you go to the Field office that has jurisdiction over your case. However, since your case physical file is not at your field office, I would speculate that you could go to any field office - in New York, at least. All officers have access to your file. Thus, they should be able to look it up.
        Thanks for the info !
        C9 Spouse of USC
        NYC Filer
        04/13/18 - PD
        05/04/18 - Bio notice
        05/23/18 - Bio completed
        09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
        09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
        11/26/18 - NOA for I765
        11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
        12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Thanks for the info !
          I would recruit your USC spouse and maybe between 2 computers or 2 phones you may be able to quickly secure an appointment and try different offices.

Comment

I would recruit your USC spouse and maybe between 2 computers or 2 phones you may be able to quickly secure an appointment and try different offices.
            I tried to get an appointment at 12midnight but they were only scheduledling Oct 3 which is a Wednesday. We are waiting for midnight again tonight to get an appointment. Thursday?s are better for my husband to accompany me there.
            Thanks !!!
            C9 Spouse of USC
            NYC Filer
            04/13/18 - PD
            05/04/18 - Bio notice
            05/23/18 - Bio completed
            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

I tried to get an appointment at 12midnight but they were only scheduledling Oct 3 which is a Wednesday. We are waiting for midnight again tonight to get an appointment. Thursday?s are better for my husband to accompany me there.
              Thanks !!!
              Why are you trying to get an Infopass when you only got the update yesterday that they sent you an RFIE? It'll probably get to you in the mail by the end of this week or early next week. Mine arrived in 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
                Why are you trying to get an Infopass when you only got the update yesterday that they sent you an RFIE? It'll probably get to you in the mail by the end of this week or early next week. Mine arrived in 3 days.
                Some people never got theirs which makes the wait longer (see other filer on this thread who still has not received hers) don?t you think that being proactive is a smart idea ?

In any event , how was your experience?
                C9 Spouse of USC
                NYC Filer
                04/13/18 - PD
                05/04/18 - Bio notice
                05/23/18 - Bio completed
                09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Some people never got theirs which makes the wait longer (see other filer on this thread who still has not received hers) don?t you think that being proactive is a smart idea ?

It is YOUR green card. Do YOU and no one else. If you want to make an Infopass appointment to find out what the RFE is about, then so be it. Mornings around 5am are also a good time to find an appointment because people cancel them last minute.

Comment

It is YOUR green card. Do YOU and no one else. If you want to make an Infopass appointment to find out what the RFE is about, then so be it. Mornings around 5am are also a good time to find an appointment because people cancel them last minute.
                    Thank you for the vote of confidence! I was up until midnight last night and will be up tonight as well seeking and appointment. If I get the mail , I will go ahead and cancel 🙂
                    C9 Spouse of USC
                    NYC Filer
                    04/13/18 - PD
                    05/04/18 - Bio notice
                    05/23/18 - Bio completed
                    09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                    09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                    11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                    11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                    12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Thank you for the vote of confidence! I was up until midnight last night and will be up tonight as well seeking and appointment. If I get the mail , I will go ahead and cancel 🙂
                      Here is what you do. If you see any appointment, you grab it. Then once you have an appointment, it's easier to "manage your appointment". Then you enter your confirmation code and you try to find another date and time.

Comment

RFIE for Form I-485

Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
                        I received other mail from then in 5 and 3 days, so I am nervous why suddenly it is taking 13+ days. But in the update on USCIS website they said that if I don't receive the request by October 5th I should request a copy, so I thought that the norm is 30 days to receive the mail.

But you are right, I should probably call and ask if for some reason the mail isn't already on the way back to USCIS, anything could have happen...

The wording on the USCIS site:
                        September 5, 2018

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed
                        On September 05, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC... The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by October 05, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
                        Well I have got same update on my case too. when i checked my update on August 30th it was saying same thing like your's update saying. when i went through my file, i figured out i missed to attache form i-130A. i have been waiting for this mail to arrived since august 30th but still i haven't received any mail from uscis. i called on 17th September and lady registered me for another mail to send. i am also confused and really worrying about missing my deadline, because my case has been not forwarded to any filed office yet i guess. i think i will try to check on infopass appointment. since that is the best option i can see for now i guess.
                        Married to USC
                        Norfolk Va Office.
                        PD: 08/10/2018
                        Fingerprint fees Received: 08/16/2018
                        Email/Text: 08/21/2018
                        RFE: 08/31/2018
                        NOA's: 09/03/2018
                        Bio Appointment: 09/05/2018 (Missed due to did not get Mail on time)
                        Bio appointment latter received: 09/06/2018
                        Bio Walk-in: 09/10/2018
                        Fingerprint review completed: 09/11/2018
                        requested for RFE remail: 09/17/2018
                        RFE Received: 10/12/2018
                        RFE received By USCIS: 10/17/2018
                        Case is Ready to be Schedule for an Interview: 10/23/2018

Comment

Here is what you do. If you see any appointment, you grab it. Then once you have an appointment, it's easier to "manage your appointment". Then you enter your confirmation code and you try to find another date and time.
                          Thank you !

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Norfolk2018_AOS View Post
                          Well I have got same update on my case too. when i checked my update on August 30th it was saying same thing like your's update saying. when i went through my file, i figured out i missed to attache form i-130A. i have been waiting for this mail to arrived since august 30th but still i haven't received any mail from uscis. i called on 17th September and lady registered me for another mail to send. i am also confused and really worrying about missing my deadline, because my case has been not forwarded to any filed office yet i guess. i think i will try to check on infopass appointment. since that is the best option i can see for now i guess.
                          Get that appointment with infopass ASAP. Please don?t wait around to miss any deadline. Please come back and share you experience. I will do the same.

I fell asleep last night and didn?t get to make appointment but will set infopass appointment ASAP
                          C9 Spouse of USC
                          NYC Filer
                          04/13/18 - PD
                          05/04/18 - Bio notice
                          05/23/18 - Bio completed
                          09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                          09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                          11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                          11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                          12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

I got mine in the mail 3 days after we got the online notification. Took us a month to get the response together and mail it. One month after that, we received EAD/AP card and approval notices. Lol, I think you're jumping the gun on the whole Infopass thing. It's only been 2 days since you got the notification, so there's still time it'll get to you in the mail but as the other person said, you do you, fam.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
                              I got mine in the mail 3 days after we got the online notification. Took us a month to get the response together and mail it. One month after that, we received EAD/AP card and approval notices. Lol, I think you're jumping the gun on the whole Infopass thing. It's only been 2 days since you got the notification, so there's still time it'll get to you in the mail but as the other person said, you do you, fam.

I don?t think being proactive is jumping the gun. But , ?do you , fam? okuuurrrrrrrrrr
                              C9 Spouse of USC
                              NYC Filer
                              04/13/18 - PD
                              05/04/18 - Bio notice
                              05/23/18 - Bio completed
                              09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                              09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                              11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                              11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                              12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

I don?t think being proactive is jumping the gun. But , ?do you , fam? okuuurrrrrrrrrr
                                Do YOU - that?s the best advice I have ever gotten from and given to anyone.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X