RFIE 5 Months after PD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
    Only documents I received from USCIS so far are all four I-797 for receiving my 485, 130, 131 and 765. And then few days later invitation for interview to biometrics. All of these in April.

My RFIE from Sept 5th is still nowhere to be seen. Am going on Monday to try to find something at post office, and then call again USCIS, although they will again tell me to just wait until Oct 5th to submit a request I am sure. Something must have happened, 17 days and still no mail...
    Originally posted by Norfolk2018_AOS View Post
    Well its been 23 days for me and i havent received my RFIE mail from the uscis yet, thats why i got an appointment for the infopass. you should try to do the same so at last you dont miss deadline.
    I am so sorry that your RFE still hasn't been delivered, I feel your pain.

Well, I tried to look up Infopass appointment for my Montgomery, Alabama office (3 and half hour away from us) for days, but so far, haven't had any success - there is ZERO available appointment dates. As we go to sleep at around 11pm, I will have to try to wait until midnight as somebody mentioned on the forum to try to set up an appointment.
    C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
    03/23 PD
    04/10 4 NOAs I-797
    04/26 Biometrics in NO
    06/24 Fingerprint review completed
    09/05 RFIE I-485
    09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
    10/15 Infopass Montgomery
    10/17 reply to RFIE sent
    10/23 RFIE received by NBC
    10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
    11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
    11/09 New Card produced
    11/13 Approved 765 & 131
    11/15 EAD mailed to me
    11/17 2 NOAs I-797
    11/19 Combo received
    12/07 Interview scheduled
    01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Well, I tried to look up Infopass appointment for my Montgomery, Alabama office (3 and half hour away from us) for days, but so far, haven't had any success - there is ZERO available appointment dates. As we go to sleep at around 11pm, I will have to try to wait until midnight as somebody mentioned on the forum to try to set up an appointment.
      Please stay up until 12 midnight. USCFFS Told me to check midnight, I did and appointments were available at that time . The appointments go really fast so make sure you?re fast too or (as USCFFS told me ) have a Secondary person and computer to help you book appointment. USCFFS Also told me that at 5 am some people cancel so you may be in luck at that time too.
      C9 Spouse of USC
      NYC Filer
      04/13/18 - PD
      05/04/18 - Bio notice
      05/23/18 - Bio completed
      09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
      09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
      10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
      10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
      10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
      10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
      10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
      11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
      11/26/18 - NOA for I765
      11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
      12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
        Wow !! Great tip ! I can?t tell you how wonderful this is! Yes, the letter has it written twice , include cover letter. I will not miss that.
        Happy to help!

Your response packet should be assembled like this:
        - USCIS RFE letter
        - Cover letter
        - Table of Contents for RFE documents
        ------ Tax/financial documents
        - Table of Contents for Additional Evidences of Bona Fide Marriage for I-130 (IF you decide to add this)
        ------ evidences

Good luck!

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        Your response to the RFE and Table of Contents are every bureaucrat's dream! LOL May I just say how smart and wise it was to take advantage of the RFE to piggy back additional evidence of bona fide marriage? There were several discussions in this forum about doing that. However, we were all uncertain whether it would work. And now we know it worked for you! Thank you for sharing how you did it! This will help others.

Google calendar? I am stealing that! "Evidence of Shared Online Platforms" Will be stealing that, too!

All the best, USCFFS
        Hey, thanks! I've learned and 'stole' a lot from you, too. Hahaa! Happy to pay it forward.
        Marriage; Concurrent
        11.22.2017: PD
        12.04.2017: 4 NOAs in mail
        12.28.2017: Bio Appmt
        04.23.2018: RFE in Mail
        06.29.2018: RFE Response Sent
        07.02.2018: RFE Response Rcvd
        07.21.2018: I-693 Courtesy Ltr
        07.26.2018: "Interview scheduled"
        08.02.2018: Interview Notice in mail
        08.31.2018: INTERVIEW/Approval
        09.04.2018: SS Card in mail
        09.05.2018: "We mailed your EAD"
        09.06.2018: "We mailed your GC"
        09.08.2018: EAD/AP Combo card & I-130/I-485 Approvals in mail
        09.10.2018: GC in hand

Comment

Please stay up until 12 midnight. USCFFS Told me to check midnight, I did and appointments were available at that time . The appointments go really fast so make sure you?re fast too or (as USCFFS told me ) have a Secondary person and computer to help you book appointment. USCFFS Also told me that at 5 am some people cancel so you may be in luck at that time too.
          Will have to try that, thank you and USCFFS
          C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
          03/23 PD
          04/10 4 NOAs I-797
          04/26 Biometrics in NO
          09/05 RFIE I-485
          10/17 reply to RFIE sent
          11/09 New Card produced
          11/13 Approved 765 & 131
          11/15 EAD mailed to me
          11/17 2 NOAs I-797
          11/19 Combo received
          01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Originally posted by 4EVER View Post
            Happy to help!

Your response packet should be assembled like this:
            - USCIS RFE letter
            - Cover letter
            - Table of Contents for RFE documents
            ------ Tax/financial documents
            - Table of Contents for Additional Evidences of Bona Fide Marriage for I-130 (IF you decide to add this)
            ------ evidences

Good luck!

Hey, thanks! I've learned and 'stole' a lot from you, too. Hahaa! Happy to pay it forward.
            What should the cover letter consist of ? Also, Any template of a residence letter we can add ? When I moved , my auntie signed my lease for me (because of obvious reasons) My husband lives with me now and my aunts name is still the only one on the lease. Some weeks ago I thought about asking her to write a letter showing that she rents for us and that we pay the rent (we have receipts to show and all that). I am looking to see if anyone can advice us on what that letter should be written like. I want to write it, have her (my auntie) notarize it. I know that this would be great . Any ideas ? Thoughts ?
            C9 Spouse of USC
            NYC Filer
            04/13/18 - PD
            05/04/18 - Bio notice
            05/23/18 - Bio completed
            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Yesterday I went to local post office with my husband to ask around my imaginary RFIE which was sent on Sept 5th (waiting 20 days and counting) and they told me they are sorry and they may have lost it. And they cannot check if it was sent back as it is only an envelope. He was really nice and helpful. I asked about informed delivery so hopefully next time I will know for sure that USCIS sent it. I may not sign up for it as I don't have any of the required documents but my husband can, and it will show everything for the household not depending on the name, which I didn't know. He was nice and showed us his informed delivery on his phone as I was skeptical that it will also show my name and it showed also mail for his wife, so my husband is going to finish signing up for informed delivery after work as it didn't let him finish it online.

By now is for sure that my RFEI will never come. Tier 2 told me to wait until Oct 5th to submit service request.

Do you think there is anything else I can do to wait? I am going to call and ask to speak to Tier 2 if they received the returned mail, or if I can submit service request to ask them to resend the RFIE ASAP as the post office have no idea where the mail is, but I am not holding my breath.

Meanwhile PD for my EAD has passed, my SR is not assigned and contrary what Tier 1 officer told me, it looks like my EAD is on hold until they receive answer to RFEI for 485...
              C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
              03/23 PD
              04/10 4 NOAs I-797
              04/26 Biometrics in NO
              09/05 RFIE I-485
              10/17 reply to RFIE sent
              11/09 New Card produced
              11/13 Approved 765 & 131
              11/15 EAD mailed to me
              11/17 2 NOAs I-797
              11/19 Combo received
              01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Yesterday I went to local post office with my husband to ask around my imaginary RFIE which was sent on Sept 5th (waiting 20 days and counting) and they told me they are sorry and they may have lost it. And they cannot check if it was sent back as it is only an envelope. He was really nice and helpful. I asked about informed delivery so hopefully next time I will know for sure that USCIS sent it. I may not sign up for it as I don't have any of the required documents but my husband can, and it will show everything for the household not depending on the name, which I didn't know. He was nice and showed us his informed delivery on his phone as I was skeptical that it will also show my name and it showed also mail for his wife, so my husband is going to finish signing up for informed delivery after work as it didn't let him finish it online.

By now is for sure that my RFEI will never come. Tier 2 told me to wait until Oct 5th to submit service request.

Do you think there is anything else I can do to wait? I am going to call and ask to speak to Tier 2 if they received the returned mail, or if I can submit service request to ask them to resend the RFIE ASAP as the post office have no idea where the mail is, but I am not holding my breath.

Meanwhile PD for my EAD has passed, my SR is not assigned and contrary what Tier 1 officer told me, it looks like my EAD is on hold until they receive answer to RFEI for 485...
                I am really sorry. This wait is painful. I hope that things turn around soon enough.
                As for me, my husband cannot get online tax transcript. Therefore, we had to submit an online request to mail transcript. That?s a 10 days wait time. Aaaah boy we are waiting!
                C9 Spouse of USC
                NYC Filer
                04/13/18 - PD
                05/04/18 - Bio notice
                05/23/18 - Bio completed
                09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

I am really sorry. This wait is painful. I hope that things turn around soon enough.
                  As for me, my husband cannot get online tax transcript. Therefore, we had to submit an online request to mail transcript. That?s a 10 days wait time. Aaaah boy we are waiting!
                  You can call and ask them to fax it to you. If you do not have a fax machine, that's fine - you can use an online fax service, too. The first agent will transfer you to a real IRS agent. He/She will fax it right away. They just want to be sure that only have access to the fax machine.

Comment

Infopassed for RFIE

I had Infopass appointment yesterday at 1:30pm at norfolk uscis office for my RFIE. after 15 minutes they called my number at the window.

i said all my Story about RFIE, which got updated on my form I-485 on 30th of august and i have not received any mail regarding my RFIE since that day.

the officer asked my ID and looked my I-485 case status on his computer and then he said me there is no RFIE has been issued for your case and he dont know why that RFIE status got updated for the case. he said it is online automated service so sometime, it may give some glitch and error.

He said dont worry your case is in progress. i am still confused, whether he just told me that because he couldn't pull up the information and wanted me to wait, or he saying truth. i hope he is saying truth.
                    Married to USC
                    Norfolk Va Office.
                    PD: 08/10/2018
                    Fingerprint fees Received: 08/16/2018
                    Email/Text: 08/21/2018
                    RFE: 08/31/2018
                    NOA's: 09/03/2018
                    Bio Appointment: 09/05/2018 (Missed due to did not get Mail on time)
                    Bio appointment latter received: 09/06/2018
                    Bio Walk-in: 09/10/2018
                    Fingerprint review completed: 09/11/2018
                    requested for RFE remail: 09/17/2018
                    RFE Received: 10/12/2018
                    RFE received By USCIS: 10/17/2018
                    Case is Ready to be Schedule for an Interview: 10/23/2018

Comment

I had Infopass appointment yesterday at 1:30pm at norfolk uscis office for my RFIE. after 15 minutes they called my number at the window.

i said all my Story about RFIE, which got updated on my form I-485 on 30th of august and i have not received any mail regarding my RFIE since that day.

the officer asked my ID and looked my I-485 case status on his computer and then he said me there is no RFIE has been issued for your case and he dont know why that RFIE status got updated for the case. he said it is online automated service so sometime, it may give some glitch and error.

He said dont worry your case is in progress. i am still confused, whether he just told me that because he couldn't pull up the information and wanted me to wait, or he saying truth. i hope he is saying truth.
                      Wow, that is messed up from USCIS point, they have no idea what is going on...
                      I believe he was telling the truth and in few days something will happen on your case.
                      When is your PD? Did you already received combo cards EAD/AP?
                      C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                      03/23 PD
                      04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                      04/26 Biometrics in NO
                      09/05 RFIE I-485
                      10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                      11/09 New Card produced
                      11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                      11/15 EAD mailed to me
                      11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                      11/19 Combo received
                      01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

I tried several days after midnight, but not one available date. And then when I gave up I woke up by accident at 6am and jokingly looked at site and there was one day available in next two weeks with three different hours and I managed to grab one
                        So on Oct 15th we are going to Montgomery to see how much info we can gather from IO and if we ever learn what is in the RFIE. Also, if they can send it again ASAP. I already submitted SR which is still not assigned for processing. SR for EAD out of normal processing time is still not assigned, so that is great too... Good times.
                        C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                        03/23 PD
                        04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                        04/26 Biometrics in NO
                        09/05 RFIE I-485
                        10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                        11/09 New Card produced
                        11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                        11/15 EAD mailed to me
                        11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                        11/19 Combo received
                        01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Since we?re discussing how to get an infopass appointment, I thought I?d share this. I?ve observed it?s harder to get them on sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night. It seems like there are always open slots right at midnight on Wednesday night and Thursday night.

Comment

Wow, that is messed up from USCIS point, they have no idea what is going on...
                            I believe he was telling the truth and in few days something will happen on your case.
                            When is your PD? Did you already received combo cards EAD/AP?
                            Well my PD is 08/10/2018
                            Bio-metrics 09/10/2018

as of now my status says on I-485 and I-765, fingerprint review is done and now we are working on your case.
                            Married to USC
                            Norfolk Va Office.

Comment

Well my PD is 08/10/2018
                              Bio-metrics 09/10/2018

as of now my status says on I-485 and I-765, fingerprint review is done and now we are working on your case.
                              Oh, not that many days has gone by, that is okay. Currently the processing times for NBC for EAD is 4 to 6 months, so you still have some waiting to do. Although I hope your next update will be EAD card is being processed.
                              Did the RFIE notice on your web application disappeared or it is still there? Did you try calling USCIS to hear from them as a confirmation what the latest status om your application is? If they say there is no RFIE I think you can be calm and wait.
                              If what IO told you truth, they should also remove it from web as not to confuse you.
                              C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                              03/23 PD
                              04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                              04/26 Biometrics in NO
                              09/05 RFIE I-485
                              10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                              11/09 New Card produced
                              11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                              11/15 EAD mailed to me
                              11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                              11/19 Combo received
                              01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Oh, not that many days has gone by, that is okay. Currently the processing times for NBC for EAD is 4 to 6 months, so you still have some waiting to do. Although I hope your next update will be EAD card is being processed.
                                Did the RFIE notice on your web application disappeared or it is still there? Did you try calling USCIS to hear from them as a confirmation what the latest status om your application is? If they say there is no RFIE I think you can be calm and wait.
                                If what IO told you truth, they should also remove it from web as not to confuse you.

Well RFIE notice has been disappeared, the current update is like this

As of September 10, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxx, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

i called customer case and they said they can not check in detail because they dont have authorities to check further, they can check what the website says to us. i think on Monday i have i have to call again and ask for transfer to talk with level 2 officer.
                                Married to USC
                                Norfolk Va Office.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X