RFIE 5 Months after PD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    You would just submit what the RFE is requesting of you. You MAY submit piggyback evidence of bona fide marriage onto this RFE. It's been done successfully. 4EVER did that. As you know, ALL evidence of bona fide marriage is required at the time of filing, per the I-130 instructions on page 3 of 12. See screenshot below.

So if you feel like your filing could use more evidence of bona fide marriage, then submit more. If you only submitted evidence since the date of the marriage, it would be a good idea to submit evidence since the date you met or started dating. You do not want USCIS thinking that you met on Monday, got married on Tuesday and filed for AOS on Wednesday.

Many have found this thread useful in staging their evidence for their AOS package and for their interview. I am a huge fan of 4EVER's table of contents and also
    Emerald 2020's.

All the best,

USCFFS
    Thank you for your information. we already have submitted all the evidence while filling AOS application on august 2018. Me and my wife was dating for 1.5 year and then got married in Feb 2018. we did not know that we have to keep our conversation for evidence because it wasn't preplaned so we do have old dating pictures which we already submitted, but we dont have old conversation (text) since we both have got new phones. we do have emails regarding booking restaurant for reception with restaurant manager and expanses receipt such as Restaurant Bills, Wedding Ring Bill. Invitation cards.
    Married to USC
    Norfolk Va Office.
    PD: 08/10/2018
    Fingerprint fees Received: 08/16/2018
    Email/Text: 08/21/2018
    RFE: 08/31/2018
    NOA's: 09/03/2018
    Bio Appointment: 09/05/2018 (Missed due to did not get Mail on time)
    Bio appointment latter received: 09/06/2018
    Bio Walk-in: 09/10/2018
    Fingerprint review completed: 09/11/2018
    requested for RFE remail: 09/17/2018
    RFE Received: 10/12/2018
    RFE received By USCIS: 10/17/2018
    Case is Ready to be Schedule for an Interview: 10/23/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk2018_AOS View Post
      Thank you for your information. we already have submitted all the evidence while filling AOS application on august 2018. Me and my wife was dating for 1.5 year and then got married in Feb 2018. we did not know that we have to keep our conversation for evidence because it wasn't preplaned so we do have old dating pictures which we already submitted, but we dont have old conversation (text) since we both have got new phones. we do have emails regarding booking restaurant for reception with restaurant manager and expanses receipt such as Restaurant Bills, Wedding Ring Bill. Invitation cards.
      Ok perfect! I just figured I'd let you know that was an option. It makes getting an RFE worthwhile.

Comment

Infopass in Montgomery, Alabama

I already posted this to another thread, but in case somebody is interested how Infopass appointment is in Montgomery, Alabama, here you go.

The drive was about 3 hours from Florida to Alabama. We got there with my husband way before our 9:20 appoinment. The Immigration Officer (IO) was the only one who was taking pictures and fingerprinting people who were there for interview and also the person to talk to for Infopass appointment. Other IOs were calling people into offices, probably for GC or citizenship interview, Infopass was done with the IO in the waiting area. He was really nice and helpful. He called us to his window at about 9:35 and we talked for about 15 minutes, maybe less.

He was able to find my I-485 application in the system and when I told him it has been supposedly sent on September 5th, he said, let me check what the RFIE was about and he printed it for us. He even said that we should prepare reply, include the RFIE he just gave us and mail it to the address in the RFIE. I asked him twice if we should wait for the letter from USCIS (from my still unassigned SR from Sep 25th) or just use the one he gave us and he smiled, pointed to his USCIS logo on the shirt and replied that "yes, use the letter I just gave you, I am USCIS employee, believe me"

I asked him about Montgomery office, he said that the timeline on webpages 8-15 months wait for interview for GC is not accurate, the wait is in fact actually even longer, by many months, we blanked on the real months, sounded like 13-25 months

As I suspected, RFIE was for tax documentation for 2017 - which we included in our original application in March!

I am so mad but also happy that there is actually something we can do. My husband already logged on IRS webpage, he's gonna print the tax doc for 2017 and we will sent it expressly on Tuesday after his work. So hopefully, something will move on my GC and mainly EAD application until the end of November, fingers crossed.
        C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
        03/23 PD
        04/10 4 NOAs I-797
        04/26 Biometrics in NO
        06/24 Fingerprint review completed
        09/05 RFIE I-485
        09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
        10/15 Infopass Montgomery
        10/17 reply to RFIE sent
        10/23 RFIE received by NBC
        10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
        11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
        11/09 New Card produced
        11/13 Approved 765 & 131
        11/15 EAD mailed to me
        11/17 2 NOAs I-797
        11/19 Combo received
        12/07 Interview scheduled
        01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
          I already posted this to another thread, but in case somebody is interested how Infopass appointment is in Montgomery, Alabama, here you go.

The drive was about 3 hours from Florida to Alabama. We got there with my husband way before our 9:20 appoinment. The Immigration Officer (IO) was the only one who was taking pictures and fingerprinting people who were there for interview and also the person to talk to for Infopass appointment. Other IOs were calling people into offices, probably for GC or citizenship interview, Infopass was done with the IO in the waiting area. He was really nice and helpful. He called us to his window at about 9:35 and we talked for about 15 minutes, maybe less.

He was able to find my I-485 application in the system and when I told him it has been supposedly sent on September 5th, he said, let me check what the RFIE was about and he printed it for us. He even said that we should prepare reply, include the RFIE he just gave us and mail it to the address in the RFIE. I asked him twice if we should wait for the letter from USCIS (from my still unassigned SR from Sep 25th) or just use the one he gave us and he smiled, pointed to his USCIS logo on the shirt and replied that "yes, use the letter I just gave you, I am USCIS employee, believe me"

I asked him about Montgomery office, he said that the timeline on webpages 8-15 months wait for interview for GC is not accurate, the wait is in fact actually even longer, by many months, we blanked on the real months, sounded like 13-25 months

As I suspected, RFIE was for tax documentation for 2017 - which we included in our original application in March!

I am so mad but also happy that there is actually something we can do. My husband already logged on IRS webpage, he's gonna print the tax doc for 2017 and we will sent it expressly on Tuesday after his work. So hopefully, something will move on my GC and mainly EAD application until the end of November, fingers crossed.
          Make sure to include W-2s and 1099s. The instructions are not clear. I would just go ahead and include them. Glad that worked out well for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk2018_AOS View Post
            Hello Friends.

Finally i have received my RFIE mail today morning after 43 days, and its about my pending I-130A that we forgot to submit.

My question is, do i have to submit any other document with Form I-130A or Just form and RFIE mail which i have received from USCIS?
            To add with what USCFFS said please take this advice 4EVER privately gave me. I didn?t see it until after I actually submitting my response to RFIE and felt like beating myself up because it was so so beautifully formatted.

BEGINS HERE AND SOME OF IT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOUR SPECIFIC CASE BUT EDIT AS YOU GO!

After you've gathered all documents, prepare a cover letter. The letter may look like this:

USCIS, Attention: Adjustment of Status
            850 NW Chipman Rd
            Lee?s Summit, MO 64063

SUBJECT : Response to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
            Case No.: MSCxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

This is in response to the Request for Initial Evidence (RFIE) letter dated September XX, 2018. The RFIE requests for the petitioner/sponsor?s tax documentation submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year (2017).

In compliance with the RFIE, enclosed herein are the following tax and financial documents from the petitioner/sponsor, with the copy of the RFIE letter on top:

1. Tax Transcript issued by the Internal Revenue Service for tax period, December 2017;
            2. 2017 Form W-2 from current employer;
            3. Recent pay stubs for the last 6 months from current employer showing proof of current income;
            4. Certificate of Employment from current employer.

Copies of the documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents, and I understand that I or my husband may be required to submit original documents to an immigration officer at a later date.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Thank you for your prompt consideration of this I-485 Application.

Sincerely,

[Name]
            E-mail:
            Mobile No.:

Good luck and all the best! Hope you get your interview notice next after the RFIE.

- - - Updated - - -

all the best and see below for my previous comment!
            C9 Spouse of USC
            NYC Filer
            04/13/18 - PD
            05/04/18 - Bio notice
            05/23/18 - Bio completed
            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
            10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
            10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
            10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
            10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
            10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
            11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Case update

I got an update today that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
              Just sharing my experience with everyone. I got 5 updates within 5 minutes stating the same thing.

While this can stay in the same status update for 1 day , 1 week , 1 month and 6 months. I am still hopeful and really happy that things are moving along.
              C9 Spouse of USC
              NYC Filer
              04/13/18 - PD
              05/04/18 - Bio notice
              05/23/18 - Bio completed
              09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
              09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
              11/26/18 - NOA for I765
              11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
              12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
                Just sharing my experience with everyone. I got 5 updates within 5 minutes stating the same thing.

While this can stay in the same status update for 1 day , 1 week , 1 month and 6 months. I am still hopeful and really happy that things are moving along.
                Fingers crossed for the shortest wait time for interview date!
                C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                03/23 PD
                04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                04/26 Biometrics in NO
                09/05 RFIE I-485
                10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                11/09 New Card produced
                11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                11/15 EAD mailed to me
                11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                11/19 Combo received
                01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Fingers crossed for the shortest wait time for interview date!
                  Thanks for the positive vibe. Sending lot of love your way tooooo !!
                  C9 Spouse of USC
                  NYC Filer
                  04/13/18 - PD
                  05/04/18 - Bio notice
                  05/23/18 - Bio completed
                  09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                  09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                  11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                  11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                  12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

LOL, or 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 12 months or 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                      LOL, or 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 12 months or 24 months.
                      I am not saying I am laughing or anything but I just bust out laughing like how ligit your comment is !hahahha
                      C9 Spouse of USC
                      NYC Filer
                      04/13/18 - PD
                      05/04/18 - Bio notice
                      05/23/18 - Bio completed
                      09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                      09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                      11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                      11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                      12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

What should I do if I don?t get a response by Nov 5

Hey , hey...

My SR request notice says I should expect a response by November 3. Today is November 1 and still nothing yet. If I don?t get anything in 2 days then what next ? I need my EAD before th years ends sheeeeeesssssh I am 202 days waiting (almost 7 whole months)
                        C9 Spouse of USC
                        NYC Filer
                        04/13/18 - PD
                        05/04/18 - Bio notice
                        05/23/18 - Bio completed
                        09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                        09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                        11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                        11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                        12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Aahaha, this is so truth I told my husband when finally after 7 months our case got updated on Nov 1st to that status, now only one year of wait But I am seriously happy, that at least i485 is completed...

Hey , hey...

My SR request notice says I should expect a response by November 3. Today is November 1 and still nothing yet. If I don?t get anything in 2 days then what next ? I need my EAD before th years ends sheeeeeesssssh I am 202 days waiting (almost 7 whole months)
                          This is the SR you submitted, or the second one submitted by service representative?
                          I did the second SR through service representative through phone - please see below - and she said the reply should be received in 15 days (Nov 14th) so if they don't process it by then, I don't know what I will do...

As I posted elsewhere:
                          So our Infopass at Montgomery on Oct 15th was successful, we got RFIE for tax for 2017, we sent reply in couple of days and USCIS acknowledged it on Oct 23rd. On the same day also passed a month on my SR for EAD outside of normal processing time which still wasn't assigned for processing. I waited a week to be sure that they received my RFIE for 485 and on Oct 30th I called them to inquire about EAD. Nice lady filed a second service request for EAD and told me that I should receive reply in 15 days.

On Nov 1st they must have looked at the reply to RFIE as my status was updated to "Case ready to be scheduled for interview"! So happy it finally moved that I don't even care that with the huge backlog Montgomery has according to Immigration Officer, that our interview will probably be in a year.

With this update and 2nd SR for EAD I have faith that I will finally see my EAD this year...

223 days since filing and counting.
                          C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                          03/23 PD
                          04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                          04/26 Biometrics in NO
                          09/05 RFIE I-485
                          10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                          11/09 New Card produced
                          11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                          11/15 EAD mailed to me
                          11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                          11/19 Combo received
                          01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Aahaha, this is so truth I told my husband when finally after 7 months our case got updated on Nov 1st to that status, now only one year of wait But I am seriously happy, that at least i485 is completed...

This is the SR you submitted, or the second one submitted by service representative?
                            I did the second SR through service representative through phone - please see below - and she said the reply should be received in 15 days (Nov 14th) so if they don't process it by then, I don't know what I will do...

As I posted elsewhere:
                            So our Infopass at Montgomery on Oct 15th was successful, we got RFIE for tax for 2017, we sent reply in couple of days and USCIS acknowledged it on Oct 23rd. On the same day also passed a month on my SR for EAD outside of normal processing time which still wasn't assigned for processing. I waited a week to be sure that they received my RFIE for 485 and on Oct 30th I called them to inquire about EAD. Nice lady filed a second service request for EAD and told me that I should receive reply in 15 days.

On Nov 1st they must have looked at the reply to RFIE as my status was updated to "Case ready to be scheduled for interview"! So happy it finally moved that I don't even care that with the huge backlog Montgomery has according to Immigration Officer, that our interview will probably be in a year.

With this update and 2nd SR for EAD I have faith that I will finally see my EAD this year...

223 days since filing and counting.
                            Wow !! Thanks for sharing your experience. The SR that I filed on October 12 was my first SR. Within 14 days seem to be the typical after you submit SR because I filed mine on October 12 and the notification I received via email says that I should expect a reply by November 4. So from October 12 - November 4 makes 22 days (15 business days). I really hope that I don?t have to submit another SR..... sheeesssssh !!! Keep the faith. I am hopeful myself
                            Last edited by WaitedLongEnough; 11-01-2018, 10:09 PM.
                            C9 Spouse of USC
                            NYC Filer
                            04/13/18 - PD
                            05/04/18 - Bio notice
                            05/23/18 - Bio completed
                            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Federal Plaza in NYC

Hey guys,
                              Sharing some information after speaking with an Immi officer this morning at around 10 am. I waited 5-10 minutes and THE WAIT WAS SO WORTH IT!

He told me that I have about 2 weeks for my EAD and that I should call every single week until I actually get it (call as much as you have to guys). He told me that there was a backlog and that my EAD is waiting for a certain officer to process it. He said that he will send this officer a note right away (he never shared officer?s name as I asked heheheh)

I shyly asked about my I485 and he said oh no problem. He told me that my case LOOKS GOOD and that he checked Federal Plaza. He said that my wait is about 60 days for Federal Plaza (NYC) (I am not clear if he means an additional 60 days from when I got my notice or 60 days from today) I was so excited and nervous I didn?t get to ask him.

I am happy 😃
                              C9 Spouse of USC
                              NYC Filer
                              04/13/18 - PD
                              05/04/18 - Bio notice
                              05/23/18 - Bio completed
                              09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                              09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                              11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                              11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                              12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Hey guys,
                                Sharing some information after speaking with an Immi officer this morning at around 10 am. I waited 5-10 minutes and THE WAIT WAS SO WORTH IT!

He told me that I have about 2 weeks for my EAD and that I should call every single week until I actually get it (call as much as you have to guys). He told me that there was a backlog and that my EAD is waiting for a certain officer to process it. He said that he will send this officer a note right away (he never shared officer?s name as I asked heheheh)

I shyly asked about my I485 and he said oh no problem. He told me that my case LOOKS GOOD and that he checked Federal Plaza. He said that my wait is about 60 days for Federal Plaza (NYC) (I am not clear if he means an additional 60 days from when I got my notice or 60 days from today) I was so excited and nervous I didn?t get to ask him.

I am happy 😃
                                Hi WaitedLongEnough,
                                That is great news! Did you also asked if you will be receiving combo pack with AP?
                                And excellent news for the 485!!

Fingerz crossed that everything will go through in those dates, even sooner!
                                C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                                03/23 PD
                                04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                                04/26 Biometrics in NO
                                09/05 RFIE I-485
                                10/17 reply to RFIE sent