Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2a 485 get denied because the prioirty day (uscis mistake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2a 485 get denied because the prioirty day (uscis mistake)

pd:2015/10
    filing 485: 2016/11
    interview: 2018/08

When interview then io ony request me to add another medical exam form because the old one expired. However i get the case denied 2 weeks after i hand in the medical exam result form.
    They said my priority day have not arrived. In 2016/11, they think the pd is 2015/01. However when i see https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletin-nov-16, this show 2015/11. They mistakly use form A to denied my case. I believe it is uscis's mistake

I am planning to file 290b, am i correct.

Do i need to hire an immigrant lawyer to handle this issue? any suggestion?

Originally posted by 35246607 View Post

When interview then io ony request me to add another medical exam form because the old one expired. However i get the case denied 2 weeks after i hand in the medical exam result form.
    They said my priority day have not arrived. In 2016/11, they think the pd is 2015/01. However when i see https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletin-nov-16, this show 2015/11. They mistakly use form A to denied my case. I believe it is uscis's mistake

Based on the information you provided, you are correct. You could file a Motion to Reconsider with I-290B, or you can try to go to the USCIS office and talk with them and see if they can do a service request for you for free.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

If USCIS denied your case in error, you may also reach out to your Senator and Ombudsman. They will ensure that you are afforded due process.

Comment

I have go to the uscis and the IO think i am correct and she filed a inquiry for me. do i still need to file 290B?

Comment

I have go to the uscis and the IO think i am correct and she filed a inquiry for me. do i still need to file 290B?
          The service request will probably work. The downside of filing I-290B now without waiting for a response is that it costs $675. But on the other hand, if you wait, and it doesn't work, you might miss the 30-day period to file I-290B. It's up to you.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
            The service request will probably work. The downside of filing I-290B now without waiting for a response is that it costs $675. But on the other hand, if you wait, and it doesn't work, you might miss the 30-day period to file I-290B. It's up to you.
            $675 is not big cost for the final step, is the I-290B will affect the current status of the inquiry, seems my case still in local.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X