September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nana.p View Post
    My biometric appointment is on the 21st. Do I have to do anything (like calling to confirm appointments, submitting document online, etc) prior to the appointment? I have a main sponsor and a joint sponsor, do they both have to come in with me?
    Thank you guys,
    All you have to do is show up. Bring your appointment letter along with a government issued ID. It's possible that the ASC is within the Field Office. In that case, it would be considered a federal building. I would bring your current passport - just in case.

Comment

• Guys!! My I-765 changed to ?New Card is Being Produced?!!! I am so happy I got teary eyed. I had already postponed my start date for the job once and I was dreading having to do it again but now the miracle happened! I have no idea if the Congressman?s office made it happen or it was just USCIS getting to my case, but I do not really care! I can finally start working and not be a couch potato.

I am writing my EAD expedite timeline here, maybe it helps anyone:

Oct 17 - Placed the request via phone
      Oct 18 - Received email to fax job offer, faced the same day
      Oct 26 - RFE was mailed for I-485, all cases on hold
      Nov 7 - USCIS received my response to the RFE, cases resumed processing
      Nov 15 - New card is being produced

I am elated. Now I don?t really care how long the interview for the GC will take. I will be able to work and live as usual, taking my mind off it. Good luck to everyone!
      RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
      10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
      10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
      10/22 - Early bio walk-in
      11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
      11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
      01/13/2020 - Interview
      01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
        Guys!! My I-765 changed to ?New Card is Being Produced?!!! I am so happy I got teary eyed. I had already postponed my start date for the job once and I was dreading having to do it again but now the miracle happened! I have no idea if the Congressman?s office made it happen or it was just USCIS getting to my case, but I do not really care! I can finally start working and not be a couch potato.

I am writing my EAD expedite timeline here, maybe it helps anyone:

Oct 17 - Placed the request via phone
        Oct 18 - Received email to fax job offer, faced the same day
        Oct 26 - RFE was mailed for I-485, all cases on hold
        Nov 7 - USCIS received my response to the RFE, cases resumed processing
        Nov 15 - New card is being produced

I am elated. Now I don?t really care how long the interview for the GC will take. I will be able to work and live as usual, taking my mind off it. Good luck to everyone!
        CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am very happy for you! You were very proactive AND as expected, it paid off.

Comment

• Congrats it?s good to know you?ve received your EAD. I did my bio on Oct 29th and still no update at all....

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
            CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am very happy for you! You were very proactive AND as expected, it paid off.
            Thank you! I didn't now how stressed I was until I saw the update and was able to relax. In all honesty, I highly doubt the Congressman or Senator helped in any way but it never hurts to ask for their help.

I have a question for you, if you don't mind: am I able to walk into the SSA office and ask them to provide me with the number before it arrives in the mail? Because technically, I am allowed to work but I read that sometimes the SS card arrives 1-2 weeks after the EAD. If the cards don't arrive at the same time, will I be able to get the number from the SSA office? If so, when and what documents do I need?

Thanks!
            10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

Thank you! I didn't now how stressed I was until I saw the update and was able to relax. In all honesty, I highly doubt the Congressman or Senator helped in any way but it never hurts to ask for their help.

I have a question for you, if you don't mind: am I able to walk into the SSA office and ask them to provide me with the number before it arrives in the mail? Because technically, I am allowed to work but I read that sometimes the SS card arrives 1-2 weeks after the EAD. If the cards don't arrive at the same time, will I be able to get the number from the SSA office? If so, when and what documents do I need?

Thanks!
              Such congressional interventions do help. It's not written anywhere but they rush to get those inquiries addressed within 72 hours. That's what a former adjudicator posted on v1$a j0urney.

I would just wait for the SS card to arrive in the mail. if you checked that box on the I-765 form. My husband got it on 08-11-18. See timeline below. You may start working with your EAD. Once you get the SS card, you can give your employer the SSN. That's perfectly fine.

All the best,

USCFFS
              Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks!
                I believe, you don't need the social security card right away as long as you have the EAD. You can start your job showing your employer the reciept from the SSC office. Most employers know that the SSC is always later and they can start getting services from you. The best would be to apply for SSC first and then talk to your employer with official receipt.

This is not a legal advice and just an opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2018memcan View Post
                  I believe, you don't need the social security card right away as long as you have the EAD. You can start your job showing your employer the reciept from the SSC office. Most employers know that the SSC is always later and they can start getting services from you. The best would be to apply for SSC first and then talk to your employer with official receipt.

This is not a legal advice and just an opinion.
                  Thank you. I checked the SSN card box on the I-765 application so it should arrive as well.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

Thank you. I checked the SSN card box on the I-765 application so it should arrive as well.
                    Congrats! You tried really hard, I'm glad it worked out.
                    Marriage based AOS

Concurrent filing for I 130, I 485 and I 765
                    Florida

09/19/18; PD
                    09/26/18; checks cashed, USCIS text received
                    10/01/18; NOAs received
                    10/19/18; Biometrics letter
                    10/22/18; Biometrics (early walk-in)
                    10/24/18; Interview Scheduled (Notice)
                    10/29/18; Interview Scheduled (Mail received)
                    11/28/18; The Interview, approval on spot
                    12/06/18; GC in hand

Comment

• Ead.

My wife (USC) is pregnant. Would that be a reason to ask for the work permit? Soon she will not be able to work.

I already did biometric.
                      Adjusting from B-2, married to USC, Hialeah, FL

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

10/11 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                      10/16 - Fingerprint fee was received
                      10/19 - 4 texts received
                      10/22 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                      11/05 - Biometrics done walk in.
                      03/05/2019: RFIE for I-485

Comment

• Originally posted by PDBRZ View Post
                        My wife (USC) is pregnant. Would that be a reason to ask for the work permit? Soon she will not be able to work.

I already did biometric.
                        Pregnancy in itself is not a reason to expedite. If she just got pregnant, as far as I am aware, employers allow her to work until the 7th or 8th month. The employer can not terminate her based on pregnancy either. Unless she has medical issues that prevent her from working, I do not think it will help you expedited case. If she can not work due to pregnancy complications, she will need a letter from the doctor which I guess you could send to USCIS as proof that she will lose income soon.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

• Congrats!!!

I tried to ask my prospect employer for a job offer so we can expedite (they want to hire me) ... so let's see what happens! If that goes through, I'll use the congressman, I already filled up the forms they want and a cover letter.

P.S. September filer here as well (9/20).

Luca
                          Adjusting from H1-B (previous F1, CPT, OPT) married to USC, New Jersey

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

9/14 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                          9/24 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                          9/28 - Biometrics Notice
                          10/12 - Biometrics Done (Elizabeth, NJ)
                          10/15 - Fingerprint review completed
                          10/17 - Case is ready to schedule an interview
                          3/15 - EAD Card in production!!!
                          3/18 - AP approved
                          3/22 - EAD Card in hand!
                          4/24 - Interview scheduled

Comment

• The status of the I-131 changed to "Case was Approved" this morning, so I will be getting the combo card, yay!

Also this morning, the I-765 case went from "New Card is Being Produced" to "Case was Approved". Why is that? Are they going backwards? Lol.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

The status of the I-131 changed to "Case was Approved" this morning, so I will be getting the combo card, yay!

Also this morning, the I-765 case went from "New Card is Being Produced" to "Case was Approved". Why is that? Are they going backwards? Lol.
                              Don't worry about it. You're getting the combo card and that's all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by gradstudent2018 View Post
                                Congrats! You tried really hard, I'm glad it worked out.
                                I really did. This past month was terrible. I felt so down for not having anything productive to do. I even did all my homework all the way to the end of the term, haha. It may sound like crazy but I am so eager and excited to start working and feeling like I have a purpose.

Some advice for those trying to expedite.
                                1. When you place the request, ask the rep to put a note that you want them to send you emails in lieu of snail mail, which takes longer. No guarantees they will but that is what I did.
                                2. As soon as you get the email/mail, fax the evidence ASAP. Fax it from a fax machine and an online service to be sure.
                                3. Contact your Congress person and Senator (optional). I am in WA so it may be different somewhere else but the Congressman?s office was super responsive and helpful. The Senator?s office got back to me after 3 weeks and idk if they did anything anyway.
                                4. The expedited request prompts the officer to look at the entire file so this is when it is possible to get an RFE (like me). My EAD would?ve been approved 12 days ago if it had not been for the RFE. As soon as you get it, reply to it immediately.
                                5. Patiently wait. There is nothing else to do. You can call USCIS every day but it will not lead you anywhere, maybe just annoy some reps there for no reason. Do not call, there is no use in it.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X