September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Misspaige View Post
    Thank you for bringing that up. I just now called USCIS to make sure about the I-130 and it did in fact merge with the other petitions. But we got some crappy news.... the background is not complete and no one has even started to work on the case.
    The background check can take quite a long time to finish depending on the field office I guess. My PD is 08/01 but still no update about the background check.
    AOS C9, Houston TX

PD: 08/01
    Fingerprinted: 08/17
    RFIE sent: 11/07
    Responsed to RFIE received: 12/04
    Request for expedition on I765: 12/07
    Evidence faxed: 12/10

Comment

Thank you for bringing that up. I just now called USCIS to make sure about the I-130 and it did in fact merge with the other petitions. But we got some crappy news.... the background is not complete and no one has even started to work on the case.
      Just call periodically to make sure the I-130 joins your I-485.
      By the way, approval of your combo card depends entirely on your background checks. The interview, on the other hand, does not. USCIS may schedule your interview even if your background checks are not finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        By the way, approval of your combo card depends entirely on your background checks. The interview, on the other hand, does not. USCIS may schedule your interview even if your background checks are not finished.

This is what I thought, but... then what's the time between the combo card approval/receipt and the 'ready to schedule for an interview'?
        Is the file just laying on a pile on someone's desk to by luck to be picked up at some point to signal to the local office that it's ready for an interview?
        Employment-based AOS (I-140, I-485, I-131, I-765)
        08-24-18: Case was Received
        10-10-18: Biometrics appointment
        10-11-18: I-131 and I-765 approved
        10-18-18: Combo Card in hand
        01-31-19: I-140 approved
        05-09-19: Ready for an Interview
        05-13-19: Interview is Scheduled
        06-24-19: Interview
        06-28-19: Received Green Card

Comment

Cool, I see that you added your timeline to your signature. Does your receipt for the I-130 start with MSC? That is the national benefits center. You sent your I-130 first and then, a month later, your I-485. And that is fine. You may want to call and ask a Level 2 officer, or even make an Infopass appointment to speak to an Immigration Officer; to make sure that your I-130 file joins your I-485. Sometimes people get to the interview, and the I-485 is at the field office, but the I-130 is still at the Service Center. It is just good practice to track them down and make sure the two files are put together as concurrently filed.

Let me know if that made sense.

Best,

USCFFS

PS: Your case should start moving forward soon. Make sure that you sign up for an account on these two sites:
          https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do (this one links to the case tracker app)
          https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/
          Thanks for this info, I just activated notifications and waiting for tomorrow to call and track my case 🛃
          c9 AOS Omaha, NE.
          09/13/18 PD i485 & i130
          10/10/18 Biometrics appointment done.
          10/16/18 Case is ready to schedule interview.
          10/22/18 i765 & i131 received by USCIS.
          02/09/19 Filed online AR-11 (address change) to Brownsville, Tx.
          03/01/19 Interview was scheduled.
          03/07/19 Notice of action for interview on 04/04/19, received (scheduled in Harlingen, Tx).

Comment

Just call periodically to make sure the I-130 joins your I-485.
            I'm wondering if this is the reason why they no longer issue interim EAD.
            AOS C9, Houston TX

Comment

Aww sorry that sucks! Although you never know, things can just start moving quickly.
              Just curious regarding your background check: do you have a “common” name or lived in many places?
              C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
              * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
              * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
              * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
              * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
              * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
              * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
              * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
              * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
              * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
              * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfiler3 View Post
                Aww sorry that sucks! Although you never know, things can just start moving quickly.
                Just curious regarding your background check: do you have a “common” name or lived in many places?
                It's my husband's application but his name is not so common. He has lived in many places though lol young and always moving around for school, work etc so maybe that will add to the background check processing time!
                8-24 I-130 was received
                9-21 PD I-485/I-765
                10-9 Fingerprint fee received
                11-2 Bio done
                1-26 courtesy I-693 medical. Letter dated 1-22
                1-29 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                2-1 Received I-797 NOA I-130 Approved. Letter dated 1-28
                2-4 Case tracker updated to interview was scheduled
                2-9 Received letter for interview scheduled 3-11
                2-25 New card is being produced for I-765
                2-28 Card has been mailed
                3-2 EAD card received in the mail
                3-11 Green card in production

Comment

Actually just checked my USCIS account and the no activity notifications have been turned on but I have never received any emails or texts. Weird?
                  this is the exact same situation with me... no "no activity" notifications even though i have that turned on
                  9/28/18: Package sent
                  10/1/18: Package delivered
                  10/15/18: Received receipt notices for I-485, I-131, I-765

Dates on the receipt notices:
                  Received Date: 10/1/18
                  Notice date: 10/8/18

10/19/18: received fingerprint appointment notice
                  10/26/18: received I-485J receipt notice in mail
                  11/1/18: Fingerprint appointment done

Current day: Nov 11, 2018 - no further updates or progress in the mail or changes to online status.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeynyc View Post
                    this is the exact same situation with me... no "no activity" notifications even though i have that turned on
                    Where can I find this option?
                    C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD

Comment

Where can I find this option?
                      Only the DHS account has that option. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ The "No activity" notifications are turned on by default. I would just leave them on. That way you will get a bi-weekly email letting you know there has been no activity AND the date of the most recent action taken. If this date changes, then you will know they are working on your case, and that there might be a Soft Last UpDate (or SLUD).

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Only the DHS account has that option. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ The "No activity" notifications are turned on by default. I would just leave them on. That way you will get a bi-weekly email letting you know there has been no activity AND the date of the most recent action taken. If this date changes, then you will know they are working on your case, and that there might be a Soft Last UpDate (or SLUD).

All the best,

USCFFS
                        Thank you! Oh well of course mine was on as well but I never got a notification in the 2+ months I created my account
                        C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD

Comment

Thank you! Oh well of course mine was on as well but I never got a notification in the 2+ months I created my account
                          Those notifications will start once your case hits the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status update. I would not expect to see those before then.

Comment

All the best,

USCFFS
                            I don't see the notification option on dhs. The case history shown on that website does not show many things like the website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
                            Not sure what I miss.
                            AOS C9, Houston TX

Comment

Those notifications will start once your case hits the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status update. I would not expect to see those before then.
                              Ooh OK! Thanks for the details. Some day maybe haha! My case is still on "Fingerprints reviews was completed". Hoping to see it changed sometime soon! Not on the DHS website though...My updates so far only happened on the egov.
                              C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD

Comment

I have observed that updates tend to occur around the Tools Outage that takes place twice a month. Typically, these tools outage happen on or around the 5th and 20th of every month.

It is also helpful to have the "No activity" notifications turned on. You will get a bi-weekly email letting you know that "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We last took action on your case on MM/DD/YY". While these emails may seem pointless at first, they are actually quite helpful. You will not get one when they are working on your case. So let's say that on the second Thursday of the month, you do not get the email. Then, after the next 2 week cycle, you will eventually get one letting you know that there are no updates at this time BUT the "We last took action on your case" date will be different. Those are "soft" updates. You can actually call USCIS and ask what is the most recent action they took.

Best,

USCFFS
                                Well thanks for that USCFFS because I was wondering. Indeed, when I run a search on the app, I notice that all statuses are updates on like 3!different dates out of 250 cases (not counting the RFEs). Isn’t it weird? So basically, we can hope for an accurate update about twice a month?
                                C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X