No announcement yet.

September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys I?ve completed my bio for forms I-485 & I-765 about a month now and still no update... Do you guys think I should give them a call ?

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      That, I don't know. I know they can fill out a paper I-9, OR they can wait until your SS card arrives. All you need to meet the documentation requirements of the I-9 is the EAD. That is a list A document. I am sure they will figure something out. They're not going to shut down the company because they waited to fill out the I-9. ICE is also not going to show up to check up on you, either. LOL, just let everything fall into place over the next few days. You're authorized to work. That's all that matters.

You could read through the employer's manual to verify employment. That way you will know if your employer is being fair and exhausting all the options available.
      I called USCIS and to my surprise, someone picked up instantly, no wait time! I only talked to an L1 but he was able to see the tracking number and gave it to me. My EAD package was received by the USPS and is pending acceptance in Kansas city, MO. I am also friendly with my USPS mail lady so I told her that I am expecting an important piece of mail from MO, just to be sure she doesn't for some reason mark it as undeliverable (I have read about it happening). The estimated delivery time is Saturday, Nov 24. Taking one day longer because of Thanksgiving I assume. I am relieved nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Robz13 View Post
      Guys I?ve completed my bio for forms I-485 & I-765 about a month now and still no update... Do you guys think I should give them a call ?
      I completed my bio on 11/22 and there was no update about it either. But I got my EAD approved so I guess my background check has cleared anyway. I wouldn't call because you'd just be wasting time waiting on the line to have a rep tell you the same thing as on the case status.
      Last edited by seattle2903; 11-21-2018, 05:15 PM.
      RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
      10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
      10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
      10/22 - Early bio walk-in
      11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
      11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
      01/13/2020 - Interview
      01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• Thanks...

Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
        I called USCIS and to my surprise, someone picked up instantly, no wait time! I only talked to an L1 but he was able to see the tracking number and gave it to me. My EAD package was received by the USPS and is pending acceptance in Kansas city, MO. I am also friendly with my USPS mail lady so I told her that I am expecting an important piece of mail from MO, just to be sure she doesn't for some reason mark it as undeliverable (I have read about it happening).

- - - Updated - - -

I completed my bio on 11/22 and there was no update about it either. But I got my EAD approved so I guess my background check has cleared anyway. I wouldn't call because you'd just be wasting time waiting on the line to have a rep tell you the same thing as on the case status.

Comment

• Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
          I called USCIS and to my surprise, someone picked up instantly, no wait time! I only talked to an L1 but he was able to see the tracking number and gave it to me. My EAD package was received by the USPS and is pending acceptance in Kansas city, MO. I am also friendly with my USPS mail lady so I told her that I am expecting an important piece of mail from MO, just to be sure she doesn't for some reason mark it as undeliverable (I have read about it happening). The estimated delivery time is Saturday, Nov 24. Taking one day longer because of Thanksgiving I assume. I am relieved nonetheless.
          It sounds like you're all set! The estimated delivery date will vary. You may actually receive it a day earlier or two.

Comment

• Tired

I was supposed to receive the EAD today. The tracking number says it should be delivered today by 8PM. It is 4:30 PT and the mail lady already stopped here but without the package. I thought the EAD chapter would end today but nah, the saga continues! I guess I will get it on Monday. Sigh.

Mailed on 11/21, estimated delivery 11/24. Actual delivery ??.
            10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

I was supposed to receive the EAD today. The tracking number says it should be delivered today by 8PM. It is 4:30 PT and the mail lady already stopped here but without the package. I thought the EAD chapter would end today but nah, the saga continues! I guess I will get it on Monday. Sigh.

Mailed on 11/21, estimated delivery 11/24. Actual delivery ??.
              I would call USPS. These things have a way of getting complicated - out of nowhere.

Comment

I would call USPS. These things have a way of getting complicated - out of nowhere.
                It is Saturday. Customer Service number does not even give me the option of speaking to a rep. Tracking says my package left the Regional Facility this morning at 7:20AM but that is the last update. Nothing like Out for Delivery or Arrived at Local PO.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

It is Saturday. Customer Service number does not even give me the option of speaking to a rep. Tracking says my package left the Regional Facility this morning at 7:20AM but that is the last update. Nothing like Out for Delivery or Arrived at Local PO.
                  That's right. It closed at 6pm ET. Well, it's on its way. Since you will be at work on Monday, I would just request USPS to hold all your mail at the post office. You can do that online from your USPS account.

Comment

That's right. It closed at 6pm ET. Well, it's on its way. Since you will be at work on Monday, I would just request USPS to hold all your mail at the post office. You can do that online from your USPS account.
                    My husband will be home to receive it in case the mail lady needs signature. Is there a chance it will get delivered tomorrow? I read some mail gets delivered on Sunday too.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

My husband will be home to receive it in case the mail lady needs signature. Is there a chance it will get delivered tomorrow? I read some mail gets delivered on Sunday too.
                      ha! Learned something new! https://about.usps.com/news/electron...c2014_faqs.pdf

Comment

Miraculously, I got ahold of the Supervisor at my local PO via the email form on USPS? website. The guy emailed me apologizing profusely for the delay and told me he could hold my package at the office on Monday morning and I will be able to pick it up myself. So before I go to work on Monday, I will grab the EAD from the PO. I hope this is the end of my EAD journey and hopefully the SS card will come next week, too.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

Miraculously, I got ahold of the Supervisor at my local PO via the email form on USPS? website. The guy emailed me apologizing profusely for the delay and told me he could hold my package at the office on Monday morning and I will be able to pick it up myself. So before I go to work on Monday, I will grab the EAD from the PO. I hope this is the end of my EAD journey and hopefully the SS card will come next week, too.
                          Nice! There you go! Your employer will be able to fill out the I-9 on Monday.
                          The SS card comes via first class mail. That?s pretty slow, but you?ll get it.

Comment

• Finally I have the EAD in hand. Picked it up from USPS this morning. The SSN shows on Informed Delivery and will be delivered to my mailbox today. I am at work already, first day! The whole EAD shenanigans were a nightmare, I am so glad it is over.

Note to others: do not celebrate until you have your EAD in hand. So many things can go south, especially when it involves the USPS.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

• I just had my bio appointment last Wednesday (21st) but there has been no update on my online case statuses, should I be worried? What's the next step?
                              Thank you,
                              AOS from F1, spouse of USC - Seattle, WA
                              I-485 + I-130 + I-765
                              10/20/2018: packet sent
                              10/24/2018: PD
                              10/31/2018: 3 texts received
                              11/05/2018: 3 NOAs received
                              11/14/2018: bio appt letter received
                              11/21/2018: Bio appt
                              12/05/2018: Fingerprint review completed
                              03/05/2019: RFIE for I-130
                              03/14/2019: RFIE received by USCIS
                              03/29/2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                              04/02/2019: got I-693
                              06/04/2019: EAD card being produced

Comment

• Originally posted by nana.p View Post
                                I just had my bio appointment last Wednesday (21st) but there has been no update on my online case statuses, should I be worried? What's the next step?
                                Thank you,
                                I would look through people's timelines to get an idea of what is next.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X