Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case Status Card/Document production before Biometrics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Status Card/Document production before Biometrics?

So this morning I woke up to a super confusing email regarding my case status:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On September 25, 2018, we mailed your document for Receipt Number XYZ, directly to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your document by October 25, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request the document be sent to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

My PD is on August 23rd, I have not received an appointment notice for my Biometrics or my interview yet, or anything else besides the initial receipt notice.
    I called USCIS and they weren't very helpful - one of them said it could be a mistake, someone else said something has been mailed to you but he doesn't know what it was...

Did anyone else experience something like this? I am having a hard time to believe my greencard or EAD was being produced after only a month...

Thank you!
    Concurrent filing of I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765
    Adjusting from J1 Visa, married to US Citizen
    Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

08/23/18 - PD
    08/28/18 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
    09/26/18 - I-693 Courtesy letter
    10/25/18 - Biometrics Appointment letter
    10/31/18 - Early Bio Walk-in
    11/13/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    01/23/19 - EAD/AP approved
    01/28/19 - Combo Card Received
    08/01/19 - Interview was scheduled

Originally posted by KM24 View Post
    So this morning I woke up to a super confusing email regarding my case status:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

On September 25, 2018, we mailed your document for Receipt Number XYZ, directly to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your document by October 25, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request the document be sent to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

My PD is on August 23rd, I have not received an appointment notice for my Biometrics or my interview yet, or anything else besides the initial receipt notice.
    I called USCIS and they weren't very helpful - one of them said it could be a mistake, someone else said something has been mailed to you but he doesn't know what it was...

Did anyone else experience something like this? I am having a hard time to believe my greencard or EAD was being produced after only a month...

Thank you!
    Is your petition based on marriage to a US citizen? Or is it an Immediate Relative petition?

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      Is your petition based on marriage to a US citizen? Or is it an Immediate Relative petition?
      Yes, based on marriage to a US citizen.

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

Yes, based on marriage to a US citizen.
        DACA recipient? K1 or K3 visa?

Comment

DACA recipient? K1 or K3 visa?
          None of those - I have been here on a J1 visa for one year, and then recently got married to my boyfriend i was dating for 3 years.
          (I'm from Germany, he's a US citizen and also born here)
          I filed for adjustment of status together with I-130, I-131 and I-765.

Thank you!

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

None of those - I have been here on a J1 visa for one year, and then recently got married to my boyfriend i was dating for 3 years.
            (I'm from Germany, he's a US citizen and also born here)
            I filed for adjustment of status together with I-130, I-131 and I-765.

Thank you!
            This is really strange. USCIS interviews all marriage based petitions. They used to waive interviews for k-1 AOS petitions, but that is no longer the case. It also does not help that the template they used is not edited to tell you exactly what it is. I would say just wait. Even if the green card arrives - and it's possible - I would report the situation to USCIS and definitely to the Ombudsman. They must be made aware of these system glitches.
            Keeping a green card issued in error will cause you problems down the line. So if it arrives, just contact them and they will tell you what to do.

Comment

This is really strange. USCIS interviews all marriage based petitions. They used to waive interviews for k-1 AOS petitions, but that is no longer the case. It also does not help that the template they used is not edited to tell you exactly what it is. I would say just wait. Even if the green card arrives - and it's possible - I would report the situation to USCIS and definitely to the Ombudsman. They must be made aware of these system glitches.
              Keeping a green card issued in error will cause you problems down the line. So if it arrives, just contact them and they will tell you what to do.
              Alright, thank you for your help! I am also assuming it's probably just an error in their system but we'll see

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, Employment Authorization document, travel document, or advance parole)...
                I remember here on forum somebody received their EAD card before fingerprints were taking, it could be that.
                Field Office: Houston, TX
                PD: Nov 14, 2016
                Fingerprints: Dec 15, 2016
                Ready to schedule for interview: Jan 07, 2017
                Interview letter issued: Jul 03, 2018
                Interview scheduled: Aug 07,2018 9:35 am
                Interview was from 10.30 to 11.00 am
                Approved: Aug 07,2018 3:30 pm

Comment

Originally posted by Houston2016 View Post
                  I remember here on forum somebody received their EAD card before fingerprints were taking, it could be that.
                  Oh really? That would be amazing! It?s just weird cause the case status change is for the receipt number for the I-485 and not for the I-765 ... :/

08/23/18 - PD

Comment

Oh really? That would be amazing! It?s just weird cause the case status change is for the receipt number for the I-485 and not for the I-765 ... :/
                    You don't want that. The person who posted that was also a one time poster - probably a troll. Soooooo...
                    The EAD even displays your fingerprint.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X