Reapply after i-485 and i-130 denied because of bigamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapply after i-485 and i-130 denied because of bigamy

Hi I have a question and hopefully would like to get some advice from someone who reapplied for green card after first application got denied.

My husband and I first got married in 2017 and filed for green card application(i-130,i-485). Everything went great until we found out that my husband's previous marriage was not finalized.
    We got denied the application because of that, which is understandable. He filed the divorce with his ex wife and finalized August 2018. Since my husband and I got married when my husband is still married someone else, it makes my marriage void. So, we got married again in same county on October 1st. We never filed for annulment. ( we asked a lawyer or county person but only thing they said is just "remarry". Pretty sure the recode of our marriage in 2017 is still in their system. But we did not know what to do other than just remarry)

So, my question is what to do in part 5 which asks my material history, i-485.

One of the question is
    3. How many times have you been married (including annulled marriages and marriages to the same person)?

Am I supposed to answer 2times? One for current marriage and one for my previous marriage 2017 which recognized as void.
    Then, if I answer 2 times, I have to fill out more information. It also asks "Date Marriage with Prior Spouse Legally Ended". There is nothing I can put in this.

Probably, I should inform them about our previous marriage to USCIS. But do you think this will cause any other problems?
    I cannot risk to get denied again but we cannot afford any lawyer.

It would be really help if there is someone who were in similar situation can give me some advice! Thank you!
    Last edited by ffrio; 10-03-2018, 04:39 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X