Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical time between the "Interview Was Scheduled" status update and interview date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical time between the "Interview Was Scheduled" status update and interview date

Today, my status changed to "Interview Was Scheduled". While I'm waiting for the notice to arrive, I am curious what would be the duration between now and the actual interview date? Do they give a month to prepare for the interview? Can I get this information by calling the USCIS customer service?

The reason I ask is my wife's passport is with another consulate for visa processing. I am wondering if I should proceed to withdraw her passport in case they schedule the interview in two weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by am2352 View Post
    Today, my status changed to "Interview Was Scheduled". While I'm waiting for the notice to arrive, I am curious what would be the duration between now and the actual interview date? Do they give a month to prepare for the interview? Can I get this information by calling the USCIS customer service?

The reason I ask is my wife's passport is with another consulate for visa processing. I am wondering if I should proceed to withdraw her passport in case they schedule the interview in two weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    From what I seen here on the forum, the notice is mailed out one month before the interview date. However, it doesn't mean you will actually receive it one month before the interview. For example, if the scheduled your interview on October 3, the interview will be around November 5 (since Nov 3 is Saturday) but it takes a bit for USPS to deliver it. Expect the notice in the mail in like 5-7 days.
    RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
    10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
    10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
    10/22 - Early bio walk-in
    11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
    11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
    01/13/2020 - Interview
    01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

4 to 6 weeks. Usually 5 weeks.

Comment

Thanks seattle2903. This is very useful.

Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
        From what I seen here on the forum, the notice is mailed out one month before the interview date. However, it doesn't mean you will actually receive it one month before the interview. For example, if the scheduled your interview on October 3, the interview will be around November 5 (since Nov 3 is Saturday) but it takes a bit for USPS to deliver it. Expect the notice in the mail in like 5-7 days.

Comment

I got the same notification via email on 8-17-18. I'm still waiting for the interview date to be set. My priority date was 7-12-18. I filed for AOS based on marriage to a USC. I have seen that some early June filers have gotten their dates set for the end of October and early November. So I think that it may take about 3-6 months to actually have your interview date set.
          Marriage based AOS
          I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
          DACA recipient
          MKE, WI field office

Priority date: 7-12-18
          NOAs sent: 7-16-18
          Checks cashed: 7-16-18
          Courtesy letter for I-693: 8-7-18
          BIO appt: 8-10-18
          Interview ready to be scheduled: 8-17-18
          New card is being produced (I-765 I-131 combo): 12-13-18
          EAD/AP combo card received: 12-20-18
          Interview has been scheduled: 1-23-19
          Interview date: 2-25-19
          GC in production:2-26-19

Comment

Called USCIS. The interview is on November 14th at 7:45am.

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Comment

Originally posted by ruizk90 View Post
              I got the same notification via email on 8-17-18. I'm still waiting for the interview date to be set. My priority date was 7-12-18. I filed for AOS based on marriage to a USC. I have seen that some early June filers have gotten their dates set for the end of October and early November. So I think that it may take about 3-6 months to actually have your interview date set.
              I just wanted to clarify the difference between "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and "Interview Scheduled". The former just means that your case has been reviewed for completeness and deemed interview-ready. No initial required evidence is missing and no additional required evidence is missing either. All forms are signed. You may sit at that stage for a day or two, weeks, months, and in some cases, a year or two.

Interview scheduled - means your interview was scheduled. A date has been set and a notification is already on its way.

How soon your interview is scheduled depends upon your field office - not the NBC.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                I just wanted to clarify the difference between "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and "Interview Scheduled". The former just means that your case has been reviewed for completeness and deemed interview-ready. No initial required evidence is missing and no additional required evidence is missing either. All forms are signed. You may sit at that stage for a day or two, weeks, months, and in some cases, a year or two.

Interview scheduled - means your interview was scheduled. A date has been set and a notification is already on its way.

How soon your interview is scheduled depends upon your field office - not the NBC.

Yes i realized my error after i submitted the reply. I misread the title thinking it was at the same stage as my application. My field office is in M***aukee WI and the wait time they have posted is between 10 months to 21.5.
                Marriage based AOS
                I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
                DACA recipient
                MKE, WI field office

Priority date: 7-12-18
                NOAs sent: 7-16-18
                Checks cashed: 7-16-18
                Courtesy letter for I-693: 8-7-18
                BIO appt: 8-10-18
                Interview ready to be scheduled: 8-17-18
                New card is being produced (I-765 I-131 combo): 12-13-18
                EAD/AP combo card received: 12-20-18