Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrsRaf View Post
    Update...
    My EAD is being mailed to the lawyers office not my home address.
    If you're lawyer applied then yours most likely will go there.

My EAD was attempted to be delivered to today. Which was unsuccessful because the lawyers office was closed. I guess Monday is the day!
    On form G 28 there is a section that usually the lawyers fill to get the important documents to their address:
    1.b. I request that USCIS send any secure identity document (Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Document, or Travel Document) that I receive to the U.S. business address of my attorney or accredited representative
    sometimes people miss that when they sign all the papers (as it happened to us too) and we wait for the EAD at the mailbox just to find out that it was delivered to the lawyers office instead.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post
      Mine arrived today, I did all the paperwork myself so it came straight to my mailbox
      Ste was yours a combo card?? Remember it was only ur EAD that was approved mine is the same
      GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
      October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
      november 21st - fingerprints taken
      march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
      may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
      june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
      june 13- new card in production

Comment

• Originally posted by willpoint53 View Post

Thank you for your reply.

Our field office for the I-765 is National benefit Center. MO.

I'm just little worried about that my wife is in summer class. Not sure if that is the reason causing the delay? Also, wondering about her visa status. She will be done with school in Mid-August....What will her visa in the U.S. be??? For sure F-1 will not continue to support her, cause she is done with school......So, thats why we are waiting for her EAD....
        You are welcome. I know how frustrating that process can be. As long as i know when you file for I-485 whatever status you have stops and you consider pending . I am not a lawyer though and i did not adjust from student visa so i am not sure. As long as you are married and she is pending doesn't matter if her visa expires they can't deport her or have any other problem with USCIS(if she does not do something illegal of course , for example go steal smth or i don't know what else, something bad generally ) because the pending issue she will have is because of their delay and processing time.

It is very possible to get your interview very soon so try to not get worry about it. Also i think she can look for jobs and when she finds one and she has an offer she can tell them that she is waiting for her EAD and with the offer of that job she can ask to expedite her card based on that.

I am not sure how long takes for MO to get the interview. I am at Newark NJ office and i filled on October 11, 2018 and my interview got scheduled at June 5th and my interview is on July 23. So , based on my case and others i have seen here you should get yours soon.

BTW i do not think that her being in school would delay any process i think it would be exact the opposite. I have seen here that ppl who adjust their status from F1 usually get their papers quicker than others.

Currently Kansas City MO is 7-22 months and Saint Louis MO is 11- 23 months (half month more than my filled office) . So based on that and where your office is you can compare and pretty much figure out how long is gonna be for you . Usually is the less time (Example: Kansas City MO 7 and Saint Louis MO 11) but of course that is not warranted .

Good luck and hope you have good news soon

Comment

• Originally posted by 11Oct-18 View Post

You are welcome. I know how frustrating that process can be. As long as i know when you file for I-485 whatever status you have stops and you consider pending . I am not a lawyer though and i did not adjust from student visa so i am not sure. As long as you are married and she is pending doesn't matter if her visa expires they can't deport her or have any other problem with USCIS(if she does not do something illegal of course , for example go steal smth or i don't know what else, something bad generally ) because the pending issue she will have is because of their delay and processing time.

It is very possible to get your interview very soon so try to not get worry about it. Also i think she can look for jobs and when she finds one and she has an offer she can tell them that she is waiting for her EAD and with the offer of that job she can ask to expedite her card based on that.

I am not sure how long takes for MO to get the interview. I am at Newark NJ office and i filled on October 11, 2018 and my interview got scheduled at June 5th and my interview is on July 23. So , based on my case and others i have seen here you should get yours soon.

BTW i do not think that her being in school would delay any process i think it would be exact the opposite. I have seen here that ppl who adjust their status from F1 usually get their papers quicker than others.

Currently Kansas City MO is 7-22 months and Saint Louis MO is 11- 23 months (half month more than my filled office) . So based on that and where your office is you can compare and pretty much figure out how long is gonna be for you . Usually is the less time (Example: Kansas City MO 7 and Saint Louis MO 11) but of course that is not warranted .

Good luck and hope you have good news soon
          We were thinking that my wife would get her GC interview soon, and thats why I didn't file I-765 for her. Because she was still in school, there was no point to have her EAD while in school. But, the waiting time has become longer than we expected.

I filed I-130 and I-485 and everything else beside I-765 on Oct. 5 2018. And, so far we haven't heard anything for an interview yet. So, I guess just waiting patiently. We send everything to Chicago office.

Happy to hear you have GC interview scheduled!!! Best of luck to you!!! And, thank you so much for sharing the information. It's very helpfully and made me feel less worried now.

Thank you again,

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post

Ste was yours a combo card?? Remember it was only ur EAD that was approved mine is the same
            It is a combo!!
            However I still wont be able to go back home as the small print on the accompanying letter says "if you leave the united states after being unlawfully present you may be barred from admission even if you obtained advanced parole"
            I spent time here undocumented before being married so I wont be taking the chance to see my family until after green card.
            Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
            10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
            11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
            11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
            11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
            03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
            03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
            06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
            06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
            06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
            09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post

It is a combo!!
              However I still wont be able to go back home as the small print on the accompanying letter says "if you leave the united states after being unlawfully present you may be barred from admission even if you obtained advanced parole"
              I spent time here undocumented before being married so I wont be taking the chance to see my family until after green card.
              Oh no, I was here a month unlawfully but then I was seeing a lawyer and filling in the application. I will have to talk to my lawyer about that.
              march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
              may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
              june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding

Comment

I've been checking our case status and nothing is updated!!!!!. I'm super worried about my wife. And, I'm asking if anyone else out there has gone through a similar experience that would be willing to share their thoughts??? It would be much appreciated!!!
                You don't need to worry. As soon as she finish school, or in the process of finishing school, just bring the I-485 receipt and ask the school to close her file, she will. not be F1 anymore, I think she will not have status but she can legally stay in the USA during AOS. At least that is what I understand.
                ---
                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

On form G 28 there is a section that usually the lawyers fill to get the important documents to their address:

sometimes people miss that when they sign all the papers (as it happened to us too) and we wait for the EAD at the mailbox just to find out that it was delivered to the lawyers office instead.
                  Good to know! I wish I paid attention to it when I was signing the documents!!!
                  ---
                  Located in: NYC
                  Oct 26 2018: Filed
                  Nov 7 2018: Recved invoice
                  Nov 9 2018: Notice of biometrics appt
                  Nov 30 2018: Biometrics appt
                  Mar 13 2019: Case ready to scheduled for an interview
                  Jun 5 2019: Request for case to be expedited (based on job offer)
                  Jun 10 2019: New card is being produced (i765)
                  Jun 11 2019: Case was approved (i765)
                  Jun 12 2019: Card was mailed (i765)
                  Jun 15 2019: SSN received
                  Jun 17 2019: EAD received
                  Dec 11 2019: Case is scheduled for an interview (i485)
                  ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post

Oh no, I was here a month unlawfully but then I was seeing a lawyer and filling in the application. I will have to talk to my lawyer about that.
                    Let me know what you find out.
                    Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                    10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                    11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                    11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                    11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                    03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                    03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                    06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                    06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                    06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                    09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

• Hi there,

Does anyone know how soon can an individual travel out of the states once he/she obtains their Green card???? Is there a period that we have to wait untill travel out of the united states is permitted?

Let me know if you have any information in regards to this concern.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Hi there,

Does anyone know how soon can an individual travel out of the states once he/she obtains their Green card???? Is there a period that we have to wait untill travel out of the united states is permitted?

Let me know if you have any information in regards to this concern.

Thanks everyone.
                        Don't travel if they approve the GC and you are still waiting for it, once you get it you can travel abroad, no wait period. This from what I read.
                        ---

Comment

• After 251 days case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

I had an RFE pending that was answered last month and now I received this update.

Does this mean that my documents has been accepted?
                          Adjusting from B-2, married to USC, Hialeah, FL

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

10/11 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
                          10/16 - Fingerprint fee was received
                          10/19 - 4 texts received
                          10/22 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
                          11/05 - Biometrics done walk in.
                          03/05/2019: RFIE for I-485

Comment

We were thinking that my wife would get her GC interview soon, and thats why I didn't file I-765 for her. Because she was still in school, there was no point to have her EAD while in school. But, the waiting time has become longer than we expected.

I filed I-130 and I-485 and everything else beside I-765 on Oct. 5 2018. And, so far we haven't heard anything for an interview yet. So, I guess just waiting patiently. We send everything to Chicago office.

Happy to hear you have GC interview scheduled!!! Best of luck to you!!! And, thank you so much for sharing the information. It's very helpfully and made me feel less worried now.

Thank you again,
                            You are very welcome and thank you. I am sure you are going to have news for either of them soon. Wish you the best and just be patience. It is a very time consuming process unfortunately.

Comment

• Hello all.

New to this website. I am adjusting my status from F1. I am married to USC. When we got married I already had my one year EAD for post OPT.

I filed i130 and i485 concurrently in October 2019. I did not file i765 that time because I had my EAD already valid till June 19 and thought of filing it for free when my i485 is pending.

I filed for my i765 in March and have not seen any updates from them other then that they have received the case at National Benefits Center. I wanted to know if they are going to process it based on the priority date on my i130 and i485 or based on the date of receipt of the i765.

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

• Combo card was delivered to its rightful owner today. I’m smiling from ear to ear. Now I might stop this obsession with this forum and checking USCIS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X