No announcement yet.

October 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you guys mention the category (EB1/EB2/EB3) and Country - then it would be more helpful.

Comment

• My case is EB1 -AOS . Had my interview about 3 weeks ago but yet to hear back from USCIS.. wonder what is going on in Atlanta FO. Any similar cases in delay in hearing back after your interview for weeks

Comment

• Wow! I had trouble finding this thread so I created a new one, I'll go ahead and lock that one!

Here is my info.

I filed in October 2018 and recently had my interview on July 9th, 2019 at the Fairfax, VA location. Today will be 30 days since that interview (marriage based) and I am wondering what my next steps should be.

Should I do an infopass?

Comment

• My interview was yesterday and the green card was approved.

They didn't ask me anything. I believe it was because my wife and I have a newborn baby.

Just yesterday my status changed to "new card is being produced"

Adjusting from B-2, married to USC, Hialeah, FL

I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765

10/11 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
          10/16 - Fingerprint fee was received
          10/19 - 4 texts received
          10/22 - 4 NOAs in mailbox
          11/05 - Biometrics done walk in.
          03/05/2019: RFIE for I-485

Comment

• Originally posted by PDBRZ View Post
            My interview was yesterday and the green card was approved.

They didn't ask me anything. I believe it was because my wife and I have a newborn baby.

Just yesterday my status changed to "new card is being produced"

Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohini1974 View Post
              My case is EB1 -AOS . Had my interview about 3 weeks ago but yet to hear back from USCIS.. wonder what is going on in Atlanta FO. Any similar cases in delay in hearing back after your interview for weeks
              Just got notification of card in production. So about 30-45 day wait after interview is to be expected generally from what I gathered in my research.

Best of luck.

Comment

• Just got notification of card in production. So about 30-45 day wait after interview is to be expected generally from what I gathered in my research.

Best of luck.

Congrats on your GC. Thanks for the info ..so I guess I have to wait for a few more weeks now.

Comment

• Originally posted by OctFile2018 View Post
                  Finally got an email saying that my interviewe has been scheduled ..... Home Stretch

questions ;
                  1. How long before the NOA letter arrives
                  2. Once that is recieved how much time before the actual interview
                  3. Once approved how long after will GC will be processed and delivered
                  This forum has brought a great wealth of information and encouragement.
                  1. around a week
                  2. around 5-6 weeks after getting the letter
                  3. 5-7 days
                  Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                  Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                  Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                  ---
                  All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Hi guys - I wanted to post a final update. I started this thread 10 months ago, right after filing my I-485 through employment in New York on Sep 28th, 2018. During this anxious time after filing the I-485, I have 1) Switched jobs; and 2) Moved to a different State (New York to LA). I have had a grand total of 3 interview scheduling experiences. The first one was scheduled in New York in between the time I changed my address and when USCIS actually processed the address change. After the processing of the address change, USCIS cancelled the interview (I was fully willing to fly back to New York from LA just to attend the interview - although I do not think this is allowed if you have moved states). The second interview was scheduled in Los Angeles, where I moved to; however, when I went in person during the interview time, going through security and all the way up to the USCIS officer, they tell me that they don't have my file; my file is apparently still in transit from New York (it has been ~1.5 months since USCIS has processed my address change). Finally, the third interview was scheduled about 2.5 weeks after this experience, and this one went very well and I received an immediate approval on August 2, 2019.

Throughout the move and interview scheduling, I made numerous calls to USCIS, trying to get transferred to a level 2 agent (who has more power) and can file a ticket for my case. Primarily I was concerned with how long the interview scheduling would take after my 2nd failed interview, and if I would be put to the back of the processing queue. Fortunately, through these calls and appeals to USCIS, I was able to have USCIS contact the field office and have them put me in the front of the queue. The below is my exact timeline.

I want to encourage everyone to be patient, be proactive, and have a good legal team. I would also encourage if you have a complicated situation, to schedule a consultation with a third party lawyer. The lawyer working on your case may be the law firm that your company designates - sometimes those lawyers aren't that good or just don't know how to deal with complicated situations.
                    The two law firms I have scheduled multiple consultations with through the job change and address change are:

1) m urt hy Law Firm - Pamela Genise -
                    I had two calls with - she is extremely experienced and professional. Her rates are high, $250 for a 20 minute consultation, but when you need a second opinion, and a good one, I cannot recommend her enough. She was good relating to AC 21 related questions.

2) Capitol Immigration Law Group - Dimo Michailov -
                    He is good, rates are much lower than **** ** ($99 for 20 minutes). I would highly recommend him as well, but would say if you have the budget or have a more complicated case and need 3 opinions, Pamela is extremely good. I used both of them.

Here's my final timeline. Hope this is helpful for you.
                    28-Sep-18 package sent
                    01-Oct-18 package delivered - received date - day in which 180 days starts for AC 21
                    15-Oct-18 receipt notices in mail
                    19-Oct-18 Received fingerprint appointment notice
                    01-Nov-18 Fingerprint appointment at local office
                    Waiting a long time
                    31-Mar-19 Change of address requested online
                    04-Apr-19 Approval notice for i-765 - 1 year card - allows you to work in the US - old address
                    04-Apr-19 Approval notice for I-131 - application for travel document, advance parole - old address
                    05-Apr-19 Change of address - online status changed, said assigned to officer for response
                    08-Apr-19 Online status: "We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us."
                    08-Apr-19 Interview #1 scheduled in New York for Monday May 13 1210pm
                    09-Apr-19 Online status: "The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card."
                    10-Apr-19 Combo Card Received
                    18-Apr-19 Address change completed
                    19-Apr-19 Intereview #1 cancelation notice - very likely due to change of address being processed the day before
                    24-Apr-19 Received notice of interview #2 scheduled in Los Anglees - Monday June 3, 2019 11am
                    11-Jun-19 Arrive a couple hours early, go through security, head up to the 8th floor. Officer comes out, says my materials aren't there and they have to cancel the interview.
                    27-Jun-19 Interview #3 scheduled in Los Angeles - for Aug 2, 2019 at 815am
                    02-Aug-19 Interview goes smoothly, mere formality, officer was quite familiar with the case and all we've been through. Was the field director of the office. Immediate approval and sent me home with an approval notice.
                    02-Aug-19 Case status online: "We ordered your new card."
                    05-Aug-19 Case status online: "We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status."
                    07-Aug-19 Case status online: "We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us." - the other site gave a trackign # - https://myaccount.uscis.gov/
                    08-Aug-19 Case status online: "The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card."
                    10-Aug-19 Greencard received
                    Last edited by samlynn; 09-11-2019, 03:03 PM.
                    9/28/18: Package sent
                    10/1/18: Package delivered
                    10/15/18: Received receipt notices for I-485, I-131, I-765

Dates on the receipt notices:
                    Received Date: 10/1/18
                    Notice date: 10/8/18

10/19/18: received fingerprint appointment notice
                    10/26/18: received I-485J receipt notice in mail
                    11/1/18: Fingerprint appointment done

Current day: Nov 11, 2018 - no further updates or progress in the mail or changes to online status.

Comment

• I don’t think I was expatiated because I expatiated my case I think it was just my time. Worth a try tho I will at least highlight your case.
                      GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
                      October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
                      november 21st - fingerprints taken
                      march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
                      may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
                      june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
                      june 13- new card in production

Comment

• I just got An email this morning telling me I have been scheduled an appointment I’m San Fran office ????????????
                        march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
                        may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
                        june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding

Comment

• I have my interview scheduled later this month but wanted to know from your experiences if you need to have a new I-864 completed or if the one I filed originally in Oct 2018 is sufficient?

Thanks and congrats to all those who now have the GC!!
                          Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                          10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                          11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                          11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                          11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                          03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                          03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                          06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                          06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                          06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                          09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post
                            I have my interview scheduled later this month but wanted to know from your experiences if you need to have a new I-864 completed or if the one I filed originally in Oct 2018 is sufficient?

Thanks and congrats to all those who now have the GC!!
                            Oh great news on the interview, I’m not sure about the I-864. I would
                            be I interested to know also, it’s only valid for a year isn’t that right. I would hate to have to pay for another one

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post

Oh great news on the interview, I’m not sure about the I-864. I would
                              be I interested to know also, it’s only valid for a year isn’t that right. I would hate to have to pay for another one
                              I'm hoping, because the application will be just under a year, that my i-864 I originally filed in October of 2018 will be valid still.

If anyone can advise me on this it would be very helpful
                              Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                              10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                              11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                              11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                              11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                              03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                              03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                              06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                              06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                              06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                              09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post

I'm hoping, because the application will be just under a year, that my i-864 I originally filed in October of 2018 will be valid still.

If anyone can advise me on this it would be very helpful
                                I’m talking to my lawyer on Monday I will ask him and update u.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X