October 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post

I’m talking to my lawyer on Monday I will ask him and update u.
    Thanks Sabrina!!
    Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
    10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
    11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
    11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
    11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
    03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
    03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
    06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
    06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
    06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
    09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

• Hello All,

Good News: My Card was approved and I should receive next week.
      My process is EMployment based (all my family followed all the process). We got the interview in late July but we wre informed that our category (EB3 was in RETROGRESSION, and we would receive only in October (New Fiscal Year). I do not know what happened but it is on its way.

I do not know why: Only mine was approved. The staus for my wife and sons did not changed and they are stucked in (Interview was scheduled).
      For them the status did not changed and I do not know if their cards are coming too.

Follow my Timeline (EB3 from Brazil) and I applied from Michigan:

Package sent: 20NOV18
      Package received by USCIS: 21NOV18
      Receipt Notices: 11DEC18
      Biometrics: 10JAN19
      Combo Card Received: 8JUN19
      Interview appointment: 24JUN19
      Interview: 30JUL19
      Card ordered: 10SEP19
      Card received: NEXT WEEK

Does anybody here know why only mine was approved?
      Is there a chance my family was approved too but not updated?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post

Thanks Sabrina!!
        Hi ste, so I spoke with my lawyer he said we didn’t have to submit another I-864 just prove that you are still earning what you said you are ie a few pay stubs. I also asked about the Medi-Cal we don’t have to that again either hope this helps
        GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
        October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
        november 21st - fingerprints taken
        march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
        may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
        june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
        june 13- new card in production

Comment

Hi ste, so I spoke with my lawyer he said we didn’t have to submit another I-864 just prove that you are still earning what you said you are ie a few pay stubs. I also asked about the Medi-Cal we don’t have to that again either hope this helps
          Thanks so much for asking and letting me know!! I'll take my wifes latest tax transcript and a few pay stubs. We just moved last week back to Texas from Colorado as her father went ill again so we'll be staying in Texas for good now. Comes in handy as they scheduled my interview in Texas even though we were living in Colorado. Would have been quite the drive.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I had my interview yesterday in Dallas and all went well. I have been approved for my green card

The Dallas office in Irving was fairly busy, felt like we were sitting in a DMV office waiting for our name to be called.
            The officer was friendly and asked a bunch of questions to me, just topics asking if I was involved in drug trafficking, the communist party, terrorism, prostitution, illegal gambling, etc.
            Asked when I came into the country and if I had ever been given deportation orders and if I had ever violated my visa/entry to which I told him I had worked over the years. He didnt seem to care about that.
            He took the further evidence I brought with me but just glanced at it before filing, I did preload the application when I first filed with a lot of photos, financially shared documents, text messages, family letters and cards, etc.

All in all it was a pleasant experience, I was very nervous about it all because I had overstayed my visa for 20 years and feared they would tell me no. He stamped my file APPROVED and my case status is now changed to "card is being produced"

Thanks to everyone who has helped in this process!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post
              Hey everyone,

I had my interview yesterday in Dallas and all went well. I have been approved for my green card

The Dallas office in Irving was fairly busy, felt like we were sitting in a DMV office waiting for our name to be called.
              The officer was friendly and asked a bunch of questions to me, just topics asking if I was involved in drug trafficking, the communist party, terrorism, prostitution, illegal gambling, etc.
              Asked when I came into the country and if I had ever been given deportation orders and if I had ever violated my visa/entry to which I told him I had worked over the years. He didnt seem to care about that.
              He took the further evidence I brought with me but just glanced at it before filing, I did preload the application when I first filed with a lot of photos, financially shared documents, text messages, family letters and cards, etc.

All in all it was a pleasant experience, I was very nervous about it all because I had overstayed my visa for 20 years and feared they would tell me no. He stamped my file APPROVED and my case status is now changed to "card is being produced"

Thanks to everyone who has helped in this process!!
              So delighted for you ste, congratulations. They world is your best oyster now.
              march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
              may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
              june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding

Comment

• Hey guys,

My wife and I had our AOS interview on September 16th. Early morning in Minneapolis. The officer went over the I-130 with me (Husband) and I-485 with my Wife. No other questions were asked!!!!! We gave the IO our newly submitted paper works. This includes, ( 2018 tax return, water bill, new sign lease, and health insurance.) And, That was it. Didn't ask how we met, how I propose to her, our life, and etc. I'm a little bit worried.

The whole interview took about 10 mins or so. At the end of the interview, the IO gave us a paper stating that he could not approve us on the spot and needs further background checking. It's been seven days now. Our case status has not changed. Still says the case was scheduled.

Anyone has this kind of experience????? or know how long it will take for them to approve us? or...anything????????????

So worried right now and can't do anything.

If anyone out there is having the same experience or close to it. Would mind sharing their thoughts or feelings??????

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

Comment

• Hello guys,

Late to the thread, but wanted to know if anyone in category F2B, filed in October and received any update yet? I'm in California. My timeline:

October 12th: Fingerprint review was completed, we are working on your case at NBC
                  April 2019: EAD card received.

Have been really anxious because it has been a while. Much appreciate if anyone has any input

Comment

• Hi,

My status changed to interview was scheduled a week ago. I did my physical last October when I filed my forms. I was wondering if I'll have to redo my physical for the interview. What are yall's experiences? And how long does it take for the interview notice to come in the mail? I'm just a little anxious because I have a work trip scheduled for next month. I hope they don't overlap but worst come to worst, I'll have to cancel the work trip

Thank you!
                    Marriage to USC (Houston, TX)

10/16- sent in package (I-130, I-485, I-765)
                    10/17- package received
                    10/25- checks cashed/ received texts
                    11/05- NOAs x3 received/ biometrics scheduled for 11/14
                    11/09- biometrics done
                    11/14- Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Comment

• Originally posted by milktub View Post
                      Hi,

My status changed to interview was scheduled a week ago. I did my physical last October when I filed my forms. I was wondering if I'll have to redo my physical for the interview. What are yall's experiences? And how long does it take for the interview notice to come in the mail? I'm just a little anxious because I have a work trip scheduled for next month. I hope they don't overlap but worst come to worst, I'll have to cancel the work trip

Thank you!
                      Usually, it takes less than a week to get the letter and the interview is around 5 weeks after the status change. You should get the letter this week and the interview should be by the end of October.

If the civil surgeon signed the form I-693 less than 60 days that USCIS received it (if you filed together with I-485), then it is valid for 2 years, so don't worry about it.
                      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                      ---
                      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• ALERT ALERT; Had my interview Orlando office the process is over glory to the most High God and for the patrons of immihelp could not have done this without everyone. Status changed pretty quickly after that new card was being processed, card was mailed and picked up by USPS. Recieved my GC today, 331 days later 34 days less than a full year.

I'll keep checking the post to share some encouragement because it was not an easy road but like I said I felt like it was a collective effort having the support of immihelp on behalf of my wife and I thank you all immensely.
                        Last edited by OctFile2018; 09-27-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Hey there everyone, so I just got my green approved, I had an interview yesterday morning in Sacramento. No problems in the interview I was really worrying about noting. Nothing tricky didn’t even want to see any more evidence. I got a ten year greencard so this is hopefully the end of the journey for me. Can apply for citizenship in 3 years. Thank you everyone for your support on here it really helped.

Comment

Hey there everyone, so I just got my green approved, I had an interview yesterday morning in Sacramento. No problems in the interview I was really worrying about noting. Nothing tricky didn’t even want to see any more evidence. I got a ten year greencard so this is hopefully the end of the journey for me. Can apply for citizenship in 3 years. Thank you everyone for your support on here it really helped.
                            Hey I'm also in sacramento, can you let me know your timeline? My PD is Feb 14th, 2014 F2B, my I-485 has been under review since October 2018 and nothing since then

Comment

• Originally posted by hgdangkhoi View Post

Hey I'm also in sacramento, can you let me know your timeline? My PD is Feb 14th, 2014 F2B, my I-485 has been under review since October 2018 and nothing since then
                              I am F2B in San Jose.
                              My interview was in Sept 23, status is still “case was schedule”
                              did you receive any RFE after interview? What is your status now?
                              if it is that long, you should contact USCIS or Ombudsman to see what is happening.

Category: F2B - SF FO
                              PD 09/10/2012: i-130
                              09/14/2018: i485, 765, 131
                              10/11/2018: i-485 ready to be sche.
                              10/15/2018: OPT Expires
                              10/21/2018: i-765 approved
                              USPS lost my EAD's mail
                              10/22/2018: Int canceled (dkw)
                              10/31/2018: i-765 & 131 approved
                              11/01/2018: reissue EAD
                              01/02/2019: enter the US by using AP
                              06/14/2019: Renew I765 & i131
                              06/17/2019: USCIS received
                              06/20/2019: sms
                              08/20/2019: sms schedule for int
                              09/23/2019: interview date at SJ FO
                              being held for review, s "interview was schedule"

Comment

• Originally posted by vbquoc View Post

I am F2B in San Jose.
                                My interview was in Sept 23, status is still “case was schedule”
                                did you receive any RFE after interview? What is your status now?
                                if it is that long, you should contact USCIS or Ombudsman to see what is happening.
                                What is your priority date? As of September 2019, my priority date become current so it has only been a bit more than a month. I received my EAD in April 2019. My I-485 is still "we completed review of your fingerprint, we are working on your case at NBC". I called USCIS and they say my case still falls under normal proessing time, so I can't do anything except keep waiting.

Edit: should have mentioned that I have not have my interview yet.

What is Ombudsman btw, and how is it relevant to USCIS?
                                Last edited by hgdangkhoi; 10-10-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X