October 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spaniard88 View Post

Congrats! With this new forum update I can't see the signature while signed in. What's your PD?
    I'm still waiting and it's killing me :S
    10/29/18

Comment

• I just checked that my Case is Ready to Be Schedule for An Interview, after more than 4 moths since applied.

PD: 10/29/2018
      Biometrics: 11/27/2018
      Ready to be scheduled: 03/18/2019
      Office: Raleigh NC

I applied for marriage based, and still no updates on Travel card or EAD.

Anyone applying on this area?

Comment

• Hello All -

Just to update everyone. We completed our interview earlier today. We were super nervous going in but the officer who interviewed us was very nice. So here is our experience.

We walked in, started by asking our ID's. We provided our ID's. I mentioned to her that my wife did not have the original copies of the passport since she lost it last year after we had filed the documents. Lucky for her, she had made copies of her visa/passport and we filed a police report. We provided this to the officer.

Also, we had an interpreter so she had to be sworned in as my wife does not currently speak great English. After, she started asking me questions. Some of the questions she asked me was what was my wife's names? What did I do for work? and when i started talking to her?

She asked why we didn't have a lot of joint bills/utility account. I mentioned to her that we had recently received my wife's EAD card (literally yesterday). So I only provided copies of a joint statement for past few months. Also provided a copy of my list of insurance claims for both my wife and I as well as the beneficiary information showing my wife being the main person. After she started looking at pictures, she only looked at about 10 and asked my wife who were in the picture. She kept about 4-5 pictures of our wedding. Then, she turned to my wife and basically asked her more questions in regards to the 485 form and basic questions about our relationship.

She was always making slight jokes here and there which put my wife at ease since she was very tensed. We did mention our plan for our second (church) ceremony next year

All in all, i think it went well. We did not get approved on the spot unfortunately and she mentioned that she has 120 days to make a decision so i'm hoping the lack of joint accounts are not going to affect it. I totally forgot to give her our sprint statements which shows communication between us dating back a few months:/

So now it's just the waiting game again. Our case updated to "Interview was completed and must be reviewed" after we left. Shortly after i received 2 emails showing the 485 form being updated to "Initial Review". No Clue what that means but that doesn't align with what's on the USCIS case status website.

Hoping for the best now!
        10/26/2018 - PD
        11/01/2018 - Finger Print Fee deducted/G28 form rejected
        11/19/2018 - Bio Appointment Received
        11/26/2018 - Bio Appt (Missed)
        11/28/2018 - Bio walk-in
        12/06/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
        02/12/2019 - Interview Scheduled!
        03/14/2019 - EAD Card Being Produced

Comment

• We had our interview as well and while it went well, we also got the standard 120 day sheet. No change in status yet though. Still says: interview scheduled.
          PD: 9/14/18
          Biometrics: 10/4/18
          EAD: 1/22/18
          Ready to schedule for interview: 1/22/18

Comment

• Originally posted by MDwaiting View Post
            We had our interview as well and while it went well, we also got the standard 120 day sheet. No change in status yet though. Still says: interview scheduled.
            That's great to hear. Hopefully we hear some news soon! When was your interview?
            10/26/2018 - PD
            11/28/2018 - Bio walk-in

Comment

• Originally posted by Teto00 View Post
              Post #363 - Snip
              Hey Teto00! I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get approved immediately, but hopefully you'll receive some good news soon! And thank you so much for sharing the informative details of the interview! I'm sure your wife isn't the only one that's nervous when it comes to the interview, for a lot of people, the interview is like a step to a whole new life. Did you and your wife requested for a interpreter or was he/she automatically provided?
              10/8/18 - Mailed I-130, I-130A, I-465, I-864 and I-693 via FedEx
              10/10/18 - Received notification from FedEx package has been delivered.

Comment

Hello All -

Just to update everyone. We completed our interview earlier today. We were super nervous going in but the officer who interviewed us was very nice. So here is our experience.

We walked in, started by asking our ID's. We provided our ID's. I mentioned to her that my wife did not have the original copies of the passport since she lost it last year after we had filed the documents. Lucky for her, she had made copies of her visa/passport and we filed a police report. We provided this to the officer.

Also, we had an interpreter so she had to be sworned in as my wife does not currently speak great English. After, she started asking me questions. Some of the questions she asked me was what was my wife's names? What did I do for work? and when i started talking to her?

She asked why we didn't have a lot of joint bills/utility account. I mentioned to her that we had recently received my wife's EAD card (literally yesterday). So I only provided copies of a joint statement for past few months. Also provided a copy of my list of insurance claims for both my wife and I as well as the beneficiary information showing my wife being the main person. After she started looking at pictures, she only looked at about 10 and asked my wife who were in the picture. She kept about 4-5 pictures of our wedding. Then, she turned to my wife and basically asked her more questions in regards to the 485 form and basic questions about our relationship.

She was always making slight jokes here and there which put my wife at ease since she was very tensed. We did mention our plan for our second (church) ceremony next year

All in all, i think it went well. We did not get approved on the spot unfortunately and she mentioned that she has 120 days to make a decision so i'm hoping the lack of joint accounts are not going to affect it. I totally forgot to give her our sprint statements which shows communication between us dating back a few months:/

So now it's just the waiting game again. Our case updated to "Interview was completed and must be reviewed" after we left. Shortly after i received 2 emails showing the 485 form being updated to "Initial Review". No Clue what that means but that doesn't align with what's on the USCIS case status website.

Hoping for the best now!
                Sorry to hear that Teto00. I've been following you in the forum since we all started back in Dec! Think that, on the bright side you guys have the EAD's I'm sure that will ease the wait.

For my wife and I has also been hard to be here in the states since 2015 and make it impossible for her to work. My visa H1-B did not allow her to work (H-4 without EAD). And because when we filed for GC my country of origin is current, she is still waiting anxiously for the EAD card. I really want her to have the opportunity to work... she already wasted 4 years without working spending her time in studying and other things. So I understand that has to be a stressful situation to go to the interview.

So think that this shall also pass and will soon forget about this whole Odyssey. Stay strong my friend!!
                EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
                - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
                - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
                - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
                - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
                - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
                - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
                - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
                - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
                - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
                (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

• Originally posted by Exquisik View Post

Hey Teto00! I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get approved immediately, but hopefully you'll receive some good news soon! And thank you so much for sharing the informative details of the interview! I'm sure your wife isn't the only one that's nervous when it comes to the interview, for a lot of people, the interview is like a step to a whole new life. Did you and your wife requested for a interpreter or was he/she automatically provided?
                  Hey!

No pro, i hope it helps some people by sharing details! and nope, we had to hired someone. I paid roughly 220 for 2 hours of service. If your partner is in the same boat, i highly recommend looking for someone to come in with you. It can be anyone not related to you or a witness in your case. In my case, i found it easier just hiring a company.

10/26/2018 - PD
                  11/28/2018 - Bio walk-in

Comment

Sorry to hear that Teto00. I've been following you in the forum since we all started back in Dec! Think that, on the bright side you guys have the EAD's I'm sure that will ease the wait.

For my wife and I has also been hard to be here in the states since 2015 and make it impossible for her to work. My visa H1-B did not allow her to work (H-4 without EAD). And because when we filed for GC my country of origin is current, she is still waiting anxiously for the EAD card. I really want her to have the opportunity to work... she already wasted 4 years without working spending her time in studying and other things. So I understand that has to be a stressful situation to go to the interview.

So think that this shall also pass and will soon forget about this whole Odyssey. Stay strong my friend!!
                    It sure is a stressful situation but i'm sure we will all get through this ! we just need patience lol.

I'll be looking forward for any other updates from you! good Luck!.
                    10/26/2018 - PD
                    11/28/2018 - Bio walk-in

Comment

• I am applying as a mother of a USC from NYC . I overstayed my visa 23 year ago. I have not received any update since case received 10/22/18. I am wonder if my category is slower than the one married to a usc or employment base.
                      Is anybody here on a situation similar than mine who wants to share experience?
                      Thank you in advance.
                      10/22/18 PD
                      10/29/18 NOA
                      11/02/18 BIO NOA
                      11/23/18 BIO APP
                      02/28/19 COURTESY LETTER I-693
                      05/01/19 EAD CARD IN PRODUCTION Brooklyn, NY
                      05/06/19 EAD picked up by USPS
                      05/07/19 Posted EAD tracking number from USPS
                      05/08/19 letter to handle in person I-693 in local office not interview letter
                      05/09/19 EAD delivered.
                      05/09/19 NOA received I-130 APPROVED
                      06/14/19 DROP I-693 at immigration office NO INTERVIEW
                      06/29/19 NOTIFICATION GC IN PRODUCTION
                      07/10/19 GC ON HAND ( still no change on dhs acct)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mary987 View Post
                        I am applying as a mother of a USC from NYC . I overstayed my visa 23 year ago. I have not received any update since case received 10/22/18. I am wonder if my category is slower than the one married to a usc or employment base.
                        Thank you in advance.
                        What's your latest updated on USCIS Case status?
                        10/26/2018 - PD
                        11/28/2018 - Bio walk-in

Comment

What's your latest updated on USCIS Case status?

For the I-485 Fee received 10/29/2018
                          For the I-765 and I-130 Case received 10/22/2018
                          Bio taken on 11/23/2018
                          Courtesy letter I-693 received 02/28/2019

That is all I have so far.
                          10/22/18 PD
                          10/29/18 NOA
                          11/02/18 BIO NOA
                          11/23/18 BIO APP
                          02/28/19 COURTESY LETTER I-693
                          05/01/19 EAD CARD IN PRODUCTION Brooklyn, NY
                          05/06/19 EAD picked up by USPS
                          05/07/19 Posted EAD tracking number from USPS
                          05/08/19 letter to handle in person I-693 in local office not interview letter
                          05/09/19 EAD delivered.
                          05/09/19 NOA received I-130 APPROVED
                          06/14/19 DROP I-693 at immigration office NO INTERVIEW
                          06/29/19 NOTIFICATION GC IN PRODUCTION
                          07/10/19 GC ON HAND ( still no change on dhs acct)

Comment

I am applying as a mother of a USC from NYC . I overstayed my visa 23 year ago. I have not received any update since case received 10/22/18. I am wonder if my category is slower than the one married to a usc or employment base.
                            Thank you in advance.
                            Mary - I had overstayed my visa for the last 20 years, but was married to a USC last year. My case is about the same time frame and I received my i485 "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" notification by text/email a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting on my EAD. I feel USCIS is just getting to the October filers judging by some time lines so hang in and just keep waiting, it shouldnt be more than a month now.
                            Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                            10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                            11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                            11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                            11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                            03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                            03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                            06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                            06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                            06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                            09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

Comment

Thank you in advance.
                                I think we are ok. I'm on the same boat. PD 10/19/18 and still nothing... more than 5 months waiting
                                EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
                                - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
                                - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
                                - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
                                - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
                                - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
                                - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
                                - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
                                - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
                                - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
                                (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X