October 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lilou View Post
    Still no good news for me (October 24th filer here) ... Also, today they changed the processing times to 6-8 months for I-131 and the date went back to September 29th.
    I am getting an infopass appointment because my dad had an operation last month and my mom is sick and I have to go back home and help them out.
    Does anyone know anything about the infopass ?
    Please share!
    good luck everyone !
    I can't even schedule an infopass appointment
    AOS from F1, spouse of USC - Seattle, WA
    I-485 + I-130 + I-765
    10/20/2018: packet sent
    10/24/2018: PD
    10/31/2018: 3 texts received
    11/05/2018: 3 NOAs received
    11/14/2018: bio appt letter received
    11/21/2018: Bio appt
    12/05/2018: Fingerprint review completed
    03/05/2019: RFIE for I-130
    03/14/2019: RFIE received by USCIS
    03/29/2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview
    04/02/2019: got I-693
    06/04/2019: EAD card being produced

Comment

• ATL filers -i485 -AOS - wondering what updates Atlanta filers have . PD was Oct 2018. It has been 224 days for me and no update on my case -i485.
      I called USCIS and after a one hour wait was told - you are under normal processing time. ????

seems Atlanta office is very slow ????

Comment

• On 5/10/19 went in for AOS interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. Officer was very polite, asked for a few documents, went over the general admissible questions, and approved the GC on the spot. That afternoon got notification that GCs were in production, and on 5/17/19 got them in the mail. Wish you all the best in the process!
        EB2. Houston, TX. I-485, I-765, I-131 (I-140 previously approved on 10/16/18, non-concurrent, regular processing)
        PD: 2/2/18

10/31/18 - Applications received
        12/05/18 - Biometrics done
        12/07/18 - Biometric review completed
        03/28/19 - EAD/AP card being produced
        04/03/19 - Case is ready to schedule for interview
        04/04/19 - Interview scheduled
        04/05/19 - EAD/AP combo card in hand
        04/08/19 - interview scheduled for 05/10/19
        05/10/19 - interview held, approved on the spot
        05/17/19 - GC in hand

Comment

• Did you guys see that they updated the processing time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	568
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	696790
          C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
          * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
          * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
          * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
          * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
          * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
          * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
          * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
          * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
          * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
          * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfiler3 View Post
            Did you guys see that they updated the processing time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	568
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	696790
            Yup! Most of us saw this on Friday.
            it's unfortunate!
            ---
            Located in: NYC
            Oct 26 2018: Filed
            Nov 7 2018: Recved invoice
            Nov 9 2018: Notice of biometrics appt
            Nov 30 2018: Biometrics appt
            Mar 13 2019: Case ready to scheduled for an interview
            Jun 5 2019: Request for case to be expedited (based on job offer)
            Jun 10 2019: New card is being produced (i765)
            Jun 11 2019: Case was approved (i765)
            Jun 12 2019: Card was mailed (i765)
            Jun 15 2019: SSN received
            Jun 17 2019: EAD received
            Dec 11 2019: Case is scheduled for an interview (i485)
            ---

Comment

• This group was very Quiet last week. Let’s get the positive vibes going this week. Make sure u share your good news to raise the spirt on those waiting. Not long now folks it will be hear soon.
              GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
              October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
              november 21st - fingerprints taken
              march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
              may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
              june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
              june 13- new card in production

Comment

• well unfortunately I don't have any good news, only the opposite. So I contacted my congressman's office to ask them to help me with EAD, this is what USCIS told them:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter. This case is currently within our normal processing times. Our records indicate that we received a response to a request for evidence for the underlying I-130 application on 03-14-2019. Pursuant to 8 CFR § 103.2(b)(10), if USCIS issues a request for initial evidence on either the Form I-765 application or the principal Form I-130 application, the processing timeframes start over from the date of receipt of the initial evidence

So Im not sure if this means my clock started over on 03/14/2019 since it's what they said, but on 03/28, I got update for my I-485. The whole situation is extremely confusing and frustrating. Also, I never knew it was official that processing timeframes start over after RFIE since according to what I'd read prior to this, no one knows the actual difference between RIFE and RFE.
                I-485 + I-130 + I-765

Comment

• Originally posted by nana.p View Post
                  well unfortunately I don't have any good news, only the opposite. So I contacted my congressman's office to ask them to help me with EAD, this is what USCIS told them:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter. This case is currently within our normal processing times. Our records indicate that we received a response to a request for evidence for the underlying I-130 application on 03-14-2019. Pursuant to 8 CFR § 103.2(b)(10), if USCIS issues a request for initial evidence on either the Form I-765 application or the principal Form I-130 application, the processing timeframes start over from the date of receipt of the initial evidence

So Im not sure if this means my clock started over on 03/14/2019 since it's what they said, but on 03/28, I got update for my I-485. The whole situation is extremely confusing and frustrating. Also, I never knew it was official that processing timeframes start over after RFIE since according to what I'd read prior to this, no one knows the actual difference between RIFE and RFE.
                  Hello, Did you requested for expedition of your EAD via Congressman office ?

Comment

well unfortunately I don't have any good news, only the opposite. So I contacted my congressman's office to ask them to help me with EAD, this is what USCIS told them:

I could have sore I read somewhere that RFIE don’t effect it but I could be wrong. That’s awful. It’s just bloody excuses for the staff being over worked
                    march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
                    may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
                    june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding

Comment

• Originally posted by VF123 View Post

Hello, Did you requested for expedition of your EAD via Congressman office ?
                      hi, no, I only asked them to help with the process as a whole. I requested expedition myself through USCIS agent
                      I-485 + I-130 + I-765

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post

I could have sore I read somewhere that RFIE don’t effect it but I could be wrong. That’s awful. It’s just bloody excuses for the staff being over worked
                        me too and even now I haven't been able to find any information about RIFE starting the clock over anywhere online
                        I-485 + I-130 + I-765

Comment

hi, no, I only asked them to help with the process as a whole. I requested expedition myself through USCIS agent
                          I see, what reason you provided for expedition of you EAD ? did you submit any documents to USCIS for expedition ?

Comment

• Originally posted by VF123 View Post

I see, what reason you provided for expedition of you EAD ? did you submit any documents to USCIS for expedition ?
                            I'll chime in with my experience asking for expedite of EAD...

My wife and I had to move to another state because her father fell and was hurt due to his Parkinsons disease and having balance issues. I contacted USCIS and asked them to expedite based on humanitarian and financial conditions. She really needed to take care of him and I needed to work to help with providing financial assistance during this time. USCIS sent me a letter saying they required more information and to fax it. I ended up faxing them the doctors reports for her father describing his illness and a letter from him and my wife saying they needed me to work to help financially so she could provide care.
                            I received no response from USCIS so after 30 days I made another inquiry and was transferred to a level two officer. He started another expedite request, I faxed over the documents again and never heard back about anything.
                            Another 30 days passed so I called USCIS and was this time told they have a huge backlog and if I dont hear back after expedite requests its up to the adjudicating officer and its most likely a no and they dont have to even notify me, basically he said stop calling and wait if you dont hear anything its been refused.

Last week I was at the "over normal processing times" dates so I contacted my congresswoman to ask if they can inquire for me to see whats happening and hopefully move things along. Five days later I saw USCIS had changed processing times again and added another month to the wait process.
                            I'm still yet to hear back from the congresswoman and once i do I will let you all know whats said.
                            Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                            10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                            11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                            11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                            11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                            03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                            03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                            06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                            06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                            06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                            09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post

My wife and I had to move to another state because her father fell and was hurt due to his Parkinsons disease and having balance issues. I contacted USCIS and asked them to expedite based on humanitarian and financial conditions. She really needed to take care of him and I needed to work to help with providing financial assistance during this time. USCIS sent me a letter saying they required more information and to fax it. I ended up faxing them the doctors reports for her father describing his illness and a letter from him and my wife saying they needed me to work to help financially so she could provide care.
                              I received no response from USCIS so after 30 days I made another inquiry and was transferred to a level two officer. He started another expedite request, I faxed over the documents again and never heard back about anything.
                              Another 30 days passed so I called USCIS and was this time told they have a huge backlog and if I dont hear back after expedite requests its up to the adjudicating officer and its most likely a no and they dont have to even notify me, basically he said stop calling and wait if you dont hear anything its been refused.

Last week I was at the "over normal processing times" dates so I contacted my congresswoman to ask if they can inquire for me to see whats happening and hopefully move things along. Five days later I saw USCIS had changed processing times again and added another month to the wait process.
                              I'm still yet to hear back from the congresswoman and once i do I will let you all know whats said.
                              This really isn’t good enough is it. They really need to look at the system. When I applied for my greencard I was told by my lawyer that it would be 5 months to get the greencard How wrong was he. Over 7 months later and I haven’t even got my EAD and AP. I’m just blessed that my husband has a good job and is able to support me. The damage on my self esteem hasn’t been good tho. Being a worker all my life. I really need to get this sorted in the next month as I need to go home. But I don’t think my sisters wedding counts as humanitarian issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ste View Post

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. But maybe you can expedite the EAD by providing them the Job offer letter ? In that way you can show you have a job waiting for you, that might help ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X