Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Renewal I-485

Hi,

We filed my GC application over a year ago 08/17 in Brooklyn and my EAD expires 12/12/18. I am now about to send a renewal application. I am running late, I hoped we would have been scheduled with an interview by now.

I wanted to travel during the Christmas time, but can I travel if my EAD has expired and I have applied for the renewal? I haven't seen my family for two years and I am really hoping to go home.

What else do I need to file with my renewal application than my Form I-765? I am not using a lawyer.

Please help

Thanks!

Originally posted by Johannatee View Post
    Hi,

We filed my GC application over a year ago 08/17 in Brooklyn and my EAD expires 12/12/18. I am now about to send a renewal application. I am running late, I hoped we would have been scheduled with an interview by now.

I wanted to travel during the Christmas time, but can I travel if my EAD has expired and I have applied for the renewal? I haven't seen my family for two years and I am really hoping to go home.

What else do I need to file with my renewal application than my Form I-765? I am not using a lawyer.

Please help

Thanks!
    First of all, you cannot travel at all with an EAD, i think you are confusing it with Advanced Parole (form 131).
    Usually these two are filed together with all the other forms and you get a combo card with both EAD/AP on it.
    Your EAD would automatically be extended for 180 days if you are in one of the eligible categories, marriage based AOS (c9) being one of them.
    Your AP however does not automatically get renewed.
    Furthermore, you should never travel without a valid Advanced Parole, you will not be allowed back into the country.
    So lookup form 765 and 131, follow the instructions and file quickly as you will probably (to be honest) not get that in time before christmas.
    This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
    122017 - PD
    012518 - Biometrics
    033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
    062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
    082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
    090418 - 2nd we scheduled
    091018 - first interview canceled
    092118 - Request to reschedule int
    102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
    030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand