Applying for 485 aos, but lost spouse's h4 approval notice in mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for 485 aos, but lost spouse's h4 approval notice in mail

I am about to file I-485 AOS for myself along with my spouse. I have a question regarding the supporting documentation for the dependent while applying for I-485 AOS. Please share if you had similar experience.

As a proof of my spouse's latest H4 extension approval we have an I-797C which is a "Notice of action", a courtesy copy. Though the status has been approved, we never received an approval notice I-797A along with a new I-94. Probably lost in mail while moving. The only two evidences for my wife's extension approval are the online case status and the I-797C that states that her extension has been approved through Dec 2019. Therefore, there is no I-94 with the new extended dates.

I am wondering if I could go ahead and file her I-485 along using I-797C as a proof of status? I can attach a letter explaining the situation along with copies of my H1B approval notice and my I-94, as I am the primary. Is that a good enough evidence or should I get a duplicate and then file along with the I-797A and I-94? Will it be considered as a lack of documentation if I file with I-797C, instead of approval notice and current I-94?

With the new "no RFE" rule that took effect on Sep 11, 2018, I do not want to take a chance. Would be good to hear similar experiences - can you please share?

Note:
    1. The attorney did not receive it either
    2. I already raised a service request for a copy of I-797A and I-94, the USCIS suggested to file for I-824 for a duplicate copy
    3. All other previous I-797A's are available for my spouse
    4. I am the primary applicant and my I-797A with I-94 (through 2019) are available
    5. The extension was approved during our stay in the US.

Hi Rajasekar, I am also having the same situation. Attorney did not receive my i797A original. I received i797c courtesy approval notice. Can I file my i485 ? What was your experience? It would be very helpful if you can reply back.. I am so worried..

Thanks
    Sin

Comment

Ask USCIS to re-send copies of any approval notices. You can also apply online to have them resent. Here's the link if you don't already have it: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Int...AA822F56710A9D

I never received the original I-797 for my I-I40 (neither did my attorney) - I didn't even know about it until I phoned USCIS to ask if they had any updates. They sent me a copy of it soon afterwards.

Good luck both of you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X