Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing without a lawyer! What supporting documents did you submit with application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing without a lawyer! What supporting documents did you submit with application?

Hello everyone, new member here.

Came here on a B1/B2 visa and met my now husband last year. I was shuffling back and forth from my Country and here and after he proposed to me in May of this year, I decided to stay back and we got married in July.

We are in the process of gathering documents to finally file the application, and we have chosen to do it ourselves as this will save us a lot of money and I have time on my hands anyway.
    I would like to know what supporting documents you submitted?
    We live with my husband's grandma and both don't have cars yet, but we are moving to our own place in 2 months. should we wait till then to file (so we can have bills and lease agreements in both our names) or just go ahead and file with grandmas address?

What other documents can we submit that'll help our case?

Originally posted by DetAS View Post
    Hello everyone, new member here.

Came here on a B1/B2 visa and met my now husband last year. I was shuffling back and forth from my Country and here and after he proposed to me in May of this year, I decided to stay back and we got married in July.

We are in the process of gathering documents to finally file the application, and we have chosen to do it ourselves as this will save us a lot of money and I have time on my hands anyway.
    I would like to know what supporting documents you submitted?
    We live with my husband's grandma and both don't have cars yet, but we are moving to our own place in 2 months. should we wait till then to file (so we can have bills and lease agreements in both our names) or just go ahead and file with grandmas address?

What other documents can we submit that'll help our case?
    Hi, the sooner you file the better - oh boy what a long wait ahead.
    We did my forms ourselves and did a pretty good job so I am sure you can do it alone.
    The more documents you submit with your initial application , the best but you don?t have to go crazy. I suggest this : open a bank account ASAP. You can ask your grandma to put your name and your husbands name on one or two of the bills. Also, get your cell phones on one bill. If lease is in your grandma?s name for now she can write a letter , notarize is stating that you both live with her.

When you move , then will obviously need to get everything I both of your names. Keep from time you live with grandma and time you move documented. Keep all papers ! New lease , purchase of new furniture etc. email when you open light account , gas account etc.
    I hope this helps !
    C9 Spouse of USC
    NYC Filer
    04/13/18 - PD
    05/04/18 - Bio notice
    05/23/18 - Bio completed
    09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
    09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
    10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
    10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
    10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
    10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
    10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
    11/26/18 - NOA for I765
    11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
    12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Useful thread

C9 Spouse of USC
      NYC Filer
      04/13/18 - PD
      05/04/18 - Bio notice
      05/23/18 - Bio completed
      09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
      09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
      11/26/18 - NOA for I765
      11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
      12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Lol you beat me to it, I was just about to post this!
        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
          LOL thank you for sharing the link! I've been getting emails of folks who ran into the thread BEFORE filing for AOS. Many are telling me they front-loading their evidence with their AOS filing. That's a dream come true! It makes it easier on the petitioner/applicant AND it is easier for USCIS to approve you. So it's a win-win.

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post

Hahahha ! Glad I could share .
            C9 Spouse of USC
            NYC Filer
            04/13/18 - PD
            05/04/18 - Bio notice
            05/23/18 - Bio completed
            09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
            09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
            11/26/18 - NOA for I765
            11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
            12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Thank You so much!

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
              Hi, the sooner you file the better - oh boy what a long wait ahead.
              We did my forms ourselves and did a pretty good job so I am sure you can do it alone.
              The more documents you submit with your initial application , the best but you don?t have to go crazy. I suggest this : open a bank account ASAP. You can ask your grandma to put your name and your husbands name on one or two of the bills. Also, get your cell phones on one bill. If lease is in your grandma?s name for now she can write a letter , notarize is stating that you both live with her.

When you move , then will obviously need to get everything I both of your names. Keep from time you live with grandma and time you move documented. Keep all papers ! New lease , purchase of new furniture etc. email when you open light account , gas account etc.
              I hope this helps !

Omg thank you so much! I definitely wasn't expecting a reply so soon, hence why I'm only just replying.
              We got our own place over the weekend, so thamkfully, that sorts out lease agreement and bills. We are also planning to open an account tomorrow.
              We plan to submit :
              Lease agreement
              Joint Bank accounts.
              OG&E account (we wouldn't have a bill yet so I hope that'll suffice.
              Gym membership.
              Pictures.
              Affidavits from few friends and family.
              Pregnancy test result from doctor (I'm 6weeks gone).

What do you think about these? Enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              LOL thank you for sharing the link! I've been getting emails of folks who ran into the thread BEFORE filing for AOS. Many are telling me they front-loading their evidence with their AOS filing. That's a dream come true! It makes it easier on the petitioner/applicant AND it is easier for USCIS to approve you. So it's a win-win.
              Thank you so much for your help. I have gone through those threads and found them so helpful.

Comment

Omg thank you so much! I definitely wasn't expecting a reply so soon, hence why I'm only just replying.
                We got our own place over the weekend, so thamkfully, that sorts out lease agreement and bills. We are also planning to open an account tomorrow.
                We plan to submit :
                Lease agreement
                Joint Bank accounts.
                OG&E account (we wouldn't have a bill yet so I hope that'll suffice.
                Gym membership.
                Pictures.
                Affidavits from few friends and family.
                Pregnancy test result from doctor (I'm 6weeks gone).

What do you think about these? Enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for your help. I have gone through those threads and found them so helpful.
                Good going ! Keep gathering information. The more information the better and CONGRATS on the baby news 🙂🙂
                C9 Spouse of USC
                NYC Filer
                04/13/18 - PD
                05/04/18 - Bio notice
                05/23/18 - Bio completed
                09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X