Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint sponsor (disadvantage or not)?

Hello everyone,

Is it a disadvantage to my case if my US citizen spouse doesn't have enough income to sponsor me? She work as a nail technician trainee but the minimum wage is pretty low so the amount of income she earned last year was around 18-19k.

I'd appreciated if you can answer my question. Thanks

Originally posted by jakelong159 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Is it a disadvantage to my case if my US citizen spouse doesn't have enough income to sponsor me? She work as a nail technician trainee but the minimum wage is pretty low so the amount of income she earned last year was around 18-19k.

I'd appreciated if you can answer my question. Thanks
    You have to get another joint sponsor and make sure his/her income is enough to sponsor you. I don?t know this year but last year is $20300 if he/ she is single. Your wife?s income is not enough.

Comment

Not a disadvantage at all, in fact it's a requirement to have a joint sponsor if your primary sponsor does not meet the income requirements
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Not a disadvantage at all! My husbands mom was our sponsor.

I feel like this is what IO liked because while reviewing the documents he said: "Husband didn't make enough, but his mom did, that's nice."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X