Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Name Issue

Hi,

I have a very unique situation regarding my last name. My Father has a different last name than mine and it happened because my grandfather was known as the "chaudhry" of the town. So all his grand kids got the "chaudhry" last name. I have been naturalized in USA with the last name "chaudhry" and none of my document has my parents last name which is different than mine. My fathers last name is "Agrawal".

I have applied for my parents green card and have been waiting for almost 1 year. I just received an RFE that states that "Submit evidence that shows xxx gupta and xxx chaudhry are the same person. Evidence of a name change may include birth certificate or legal document. Acceptable evidence must show it was registered with the government agency authorized to register the document"

This is not a case of name change but some how USCIS is interpreting it as name change. I have a document from India signed by notary that shows the person with the different last names are same. I had them prepared this document in 2007 when they first came to this country on visitor visa. On their passport they don't use chaudhry as the last name and I dont use gupta as the last name.

I have to respond to the RFE in 15 days. I would appreciate any help or guidance.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X