Change of Employer I-864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Employer I-864

I am a green card holder in the USA. I have filled a green card for my husband under the F2A category. I have submitted I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131, and I-765 to USCIS and my husband got an EAD card based on an adjustment of status. He is currently on F1 Student visa and working on OPT EAD card. In I-864, I have listed myself as a sponsor to my husband and we have used my husband's income in I-864 as I can use spouse's income if my spouse is living with me in an apartment. My question is recently I have changed my job. So Do I have to notify USCIS that I have changed my job? My current salary is greater than my previous salary. If yes, then what would be the best way to notify USCIS. Do I need to amend I-864?

On the other side, my husband also got a new job as he has an adjustment of status of EAD card. So will it effect on my green card filling?

Originally posted by hemina60 View Post
    I am a green card holder in the USA. I have filled a green card for my husband under the F2A category. I have submitted I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131, and I-765 to USCIS and my husband got an EAD card based on an adjustment of status. He is currently on F1 Student visa and working on OPT EAD card. In I-864, I have listed myself as a sponsor to my husband and we have used my husband's income in I-864 as I can use spouse's income if my spouse is living with me in an apartment. My question is recently I have changed my job. So Do I have to notify USCIS that I have changed my job? My current salary is greater than my previous salary. If yes, then what would be the best way to notify USCIS. Do I need to amend I-864?

On the other side, my husband also got a new job as he has an adjustment of status of EAD card. So will it effect on my green card filling?
    You don't need to do anything right now. Just be ready with a new I-864 with the new information at the time of the interview.

(Also, I hope that you submitted I-485, etc. in a month when it was allowed to be filed for his priority date. F2A has a wait for visa numbers, so I-130 and I-485 cannot be filed at the same time.)

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You don't need to do anything right now. Just be ready with a new I-864 with the new information at the time of the interview.

(Also, I hope that you submitted I-485, etc. in a month when it was allowed to be filed for his priority date. F2A has a wait for visa numbers, so I-130 and I-485 cannot be filed at the same time.)
      I have not submitted all the forms all together. First in 2017, I have submitted I-130 and I got priority date based on that. I waited untill my priority date became current in dates for filling. 5 months ago, I have sumitted remaing forms to compelte my application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X