Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 transferred to Asylum Office

Hello guys,

I am new to this site. My asylum was granted April 28, 2017 and I filed Form I-485 on March 09, 2018. Since then the case was showing as 'accepted fingerprint fee...'. I just opened my uscis account and it says the case is transferred to asylum office for processing on August 07, 2018. I am stunned because i never got notifications when the case status changed twice. I also have another case (I-730) pending for over a year and that too was transferred to asylum office about 10 months ago (I already knew about that). And I recently moved to a different sate and submitted change of address. Anyone who experienced similar issue? Please advice.

Originally posted by dkd08 View Post
    Hello guys,

I am new to this site. My asylum was granted April 28, 2017 and I filed Form I-485 on March 09, 2018. Since then the case was showing as 'accepted fingerprint fee...'. I just opened my uscis account and it says the case is transferred to asylum office for processing on August 07, 2018. I am stunned because i never got notifications when the case status changed twice. I also have another case (I-730) pending for over a year and that too was transferred to asylum office about 10 months ago (I already knew about that). And I recently moved to a different sate and submitted change of address. Anyone who experienced similar issue? Please advice.
    Hi. Same here my case asylum based GC application has transfered from Nebraska to asylum office. I have no idea why. And do you know which asylum office your case is now? Do yu think it transfers if you change adress. thanks.

Comment

Hello Guys, I have similar situation

Originally posted by dan43 View Post
      Hi. Same here my case asylum based GC application has transfered from Nebraska to asylum office. I have no idea why. And do you know which asylum office your case is now? Do yu think it transfers if you change adress. thanks.

My I-485 application was also transferred to the asylum office and I have no idea the reasons behind it and its potential consequences. Have you received updates yet on your case?

Comment

Hi, guys. Any updates? I

Comment

Hello guys,
          Originally posted by mititiol View Post
          Hello Guys, I have similar situation
          My I-485 application was also transferred to the asylum office and I have no idea the reasons behind it and its potential consequences. Have you received updates yet on your case?

Hi, guys. Did you got any updates? My case was transferred to SF asylum office On February 21, 2019. And still no updates

Comment

Today, after 13 month of waiting I received message from asylum office: “Our office has completed all action on your case. Contac the Los Angeles USCIS Office for a status update on your Form I-485.”

Comment

One month gone - nothing changed. Still waiting for any response or change of status.

Comment

Originally posted by alexkim View Post

Hi, guys. Did you got any updates? My case was transferred to SF asylum office On February 21, 2019. And still no updates

alexkim Can you please give out your timelines ? Did you move out from one jurisdiction to another Jurisdiction (Like from Texas Service Center to Nebraska Service Center) ?

Comment

Originally posted by alexkim View Post
                  Today, after 13 month of waiting I received message from asylum office: “Our office has completed all action on your case. Contac the Los Angeles USCIS Office for a status update on your Form I-485.”
                  I guess you can call the USCIS customer service or that field office to know your status. Sometimes they will tell your case status.

Comment

alexkim any updates now?

Comment

Hi guys, I'm (very young) and new here. I'd like to ask. What does it mean by having your I-485 transferred to asylum office. Is something bad gonna happen? :O Please help! Thank you

Comment

So my I-485 application just got approved. It has been a long 3 years and I am relieved it came to an end. I had to get my local house representative contact USCIS 4 different times (3 months apart). So even though it took long, it actually worked. I advise those whose cases are pending long to do the same thing. And finally, keep your hopes high everyone!

Good luck!

Comment

Yes, they said they transferred but I didn’t know where. Only after repeated inquiry that they said they transferred it to Texas service center.

Comment

Originally posted by ciculove View Post
                            Hi guys, I'm (very young) and new here. I'd like to ask. What does it mean by having your I-485 transferred to asylum office. Is something bad gonna happen? :O Please help! Thank you
                            It is hard to know the reason. But I suspect they do that when they want you to appear for interview or if they think the need more vetting. I could be wrong so don’t quote me but that is what happened to my case. They didn’t ask for interview. The only thing they asked me was to submit new medical certificate (I-693?) since the one I submitted already expired

Comment

It is hard to know the reason. But I suspect they do that when they want you to appear for interview or if they think the need more vetting. I could be wrong so don’t quote me but that is what happened to my case. They didn’t ask for interview. The only thing they asked me was to submit new medical certificate (I-693?) since the one I submitted already expired
                              So was your case in the asylum office when you made inquiry to USCIS?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X