Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received date Vs Priority date of I-485 application

Hi Expert,

Which date is more important to USCIS for start processing I-485 application for schedule interview? Received date or Priority date of I-485 application?
    Received date of my I-485 application is Jun 20, 2018 but priority date is Dec 22, 2016.

Which I-485 will be processed first for schedule interview in the following cases at the same service location.
    Case 1: Receive date Jun 20, 2018 and Priority date Dec 22, 2016.
    Case 2: Receive date May 20, 2018 and Priority date Dec 22, 2016.

It should be Dec22nd 2016 as your priority date

i'm also in the same boat and i've verified this in multiple places and everywhere i read that the priority date is your I-130 filing date because you were not in a position to file I-485 concurrently due to various other limitations.

That's my view and its again dependent on when your date becomes current on the final action dates..for the category that you filed.

-AK

Comment

Originally posted by a1k405996 View Post
      i'm also in the same boat and i've verified this in multiple places and everywhere i read that the priority date is your I-130 filing date because you were not in a position to file I-485 concurrently due to various other limitations.

That's my view and its again dependent on when your date becomes current on the final action dates..for the category that you filed.

-AK

Thank you for your clarification. Recently my wife became USC and visa date would be current under IR1 categories. Please let me know if you receive interview notice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X