Atlanta Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Filers

Any atlanta filers with pd 2018 got interview yet?

Georgia filer HELLLLOOO

Since no one responded I am responding to show some love and support by posting a GA thread https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...our-experience!

All the BEST
    C9 Spouse of USC
    NYC Filer
    04/13/18 - PD
    05/04/18 - Bio notice
    05/23/18 - Bio completed
    09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
    09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
    10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
    10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
    10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
    10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
    10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
    11/26/18 - NOA for I765
    11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
    12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Atlanta filer pd July 6th 2018

Got ead in October , Ready to be scheduled for an interview as at October 11th and nothing since then. I’m anticipating my interview will not happen until next year July or August . It’s gonna be a long wait, but since I am in graduate school I barely think about it . I wish I can get it sooner so I can qualify for an in-state tuition but I don’t think it’s gonna happen any time soon .

Anyone knows what priority dates are being scheduled for an interview at the Atlanta field office ?

Comment

Originally posted by riz1 View Post
        Any atlanta filers with pd 2018 got interview yet?
        I'm a late 2018 filer so nope... Will have to wait until next year

Comment

Originally posted by Segun Victor View Post
          Got ead in October , Ready to be scheduled for an interview as at October 11th and nothing since then. I’m anticipating my interview will not happen until next year July or August . It’s gonna be a long wait, but since I am in graduate school I barely think about it . I wish I can get it sooner so I can qualify for an in-state tuition but I don’t think it’s gonna happen any time soon .

Anyone knows what priority dates are being scheduled for an interview at the Atlanta field office ?
          I am glad I read your post. You may qualify for in-state tuition NOW by filing an appeal to your non-resident classification. Most universities have a process in place to allow students appeal their non-resident for tuition purposes classification status. Here is the form the University of Minnesota uses https://admissions.tc.umn.edu/PDFs/ResidencyAppeal.pdf

I realize you are in Georgia. You will have to find the form that your school uses. The option to file this form is never advertised, OK? So you will have to dig. You may also go straight to the Financial Aid office and ask. However, the first person you talk to is likely a student who cannot wait to get off work to go get drunk at the frat house. So if they say such form does not exist or the process is not in place, it really means they do not know what on earth you are talking about. Just say politely "if you do not know the answer, please direct me to a senior staff member who might be able to steer me in the right direction"

HOWEVER, you should be able to find it online yourself. Even with your I-485 pending I-797, you should be able to qualify because you are married to a US citizen. Do not ask the International Student office. They will tell you whatever nonsense so that you continue to pay international student rate.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
            I am glad I read your post. You may qualify for in-state tuition NOW by filing an appeal to your non-resident classification. Most universities have a process in place to allow students appeal their non-resident for tuition purposes classification status. Here is the form the University of Minnesota uses https://admissions.tc.umn.edu/PDFs/ResidencyAppeal.pdf

I realize you are in Georgia. You will have to find the form that your school uses. The option to file this form is never advertised, OK? So you will have to dig. You may also go straight to the Financial Aid office and ask. However, the first person you talk to is likely a student who cannot wait to get off work to go get drunk at the frat house. So if they say such form does not exist or the process is not in place, it really means they do not know what on earth you are talking about. Just say politely "if you do not know the answer, please direct me to a senior staff member who might be able to steer me in the right direction"

HOWEVER, you should be able to find it online yourself. Even with your I-485 pending I-797, you should be able to qualify because you are married to a US citizen. Do not ask the International Student office. They will tell you whatever nonsense so that you continue to pay international student rate.

All the best,

USCFFS

Thanks for the advice . I will look for the form ASAP !! 😀.

And your assessment of International Students” offices is Very True .lol . They tend to not be resourceful when I comes to AOS related issues .

Any who , Georgia fliers kindly update this thread with your profiles . Share your stories too. Don’t just read lol 😆.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post

All the best,

USCFFS
              Won’t happen. GA is a bitch when it comes to claiming “legal status”. Unless he has an I94 that hasn’t expired, GA won’t take anything else but that and GC. I have tried many options with my school and even with my advanced parole but they still won’t consider me “legal status”. GA is an awful state to immigrants that want to better themselves and then new governor is seeking to defund colleges that take illegals and DACA students.

Comment

Originally posted by Emt View Post
                Won’t happen. GA is a bitch when it comes to claiming “legal status”. Unless he has an I94 that hasn’t expired, GA won’t take anything else but that and GC. I have tried many options with my school and even with my advanced parole but they still won’t consider me “legal status”. GA is an awful state to immigrants that want to better themselves and then new governor is seeking to defund colleges that take illegals and DACA students.
                Emt,

Segun Victor is still an International student on F-1. You are talking about something else that is unrelated. That is not what we are discussing. Segun Victor simply has to appeal the non-resident status and the School will re-classify him as in-state. It is that simple.

Best,

USCFFS

Comment

Undocumented students and International Students there’s a difference

Yet still... I don’t know how they do it it is GA. I lived in GA when I was 18 years old. I left the state because it was so slow and backwards . Also , they started asking me for a SSN . I attended a community college as an undocumented student.

What I do know is this , every state has different requirements to be qualified for in state tuition. It gets even better ! Every school has their own requirements to be qualified for in state tuition. NYC as a democratic state makes it a little easier. I attended college and was qualified for in state tuition while still being undocumented. The college I attended asked me to meet their requirements, my advantage was the fact that I obtained my GED in state and that’s what I used to prove that I was a “resident” of NYC which eventually allowed me to be qualified for in state tuition.

The story gets better ! I tried to get into another college, in NYC but they would not allow me to pay in state tuition even though an affiliate school made me pay in state tuition for 4 years! That college has their own requirements. In OP’s case Adjusting , one has to ask , has OP fallen out of F1 status with your AOS process? If no, then OP is still an international student to the state and that F-1 status may just trump the AOS process and any in state residence rights. AGAIN , it is ultimately the school and the state.

OP, find out from your school Registrar this :
                  WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE QUALIFIED FOR IN STATE TUITION. That’s simple.
                  C9 Spouse of USC
                  NYC Filer
                  04/13/18 - PD
                  05/04/18 - Bio notice
                  05/23/18 - Bio completed
                  09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
                  09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
                  10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
                  10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
                  10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
                  10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
                  10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                  11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
                  11/26/18 - NOA for I765
                  11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
                  12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Originally posted by Segun Victor View Post
                    Thanks for the advice . I will look for the form ASAP !! 😀.

And your assessment of International Students” offices is Very True .lol . They tend to not be resourceful when I comes to AOS related issues .

Any who , Georgia fliers kindly update this thread with your profiles . Share your stories too. Don’t just read lol 😆.
                    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

What month filers are getting their interviews scheduled

Guys Any update ? I saw someone with a pd of March 2018 getting scheduled for an interview . Is that where the Atlanta office is at ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X