Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About I 130 Approval - Concurrent Filing Marriage Base

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to check I-130 process time? The five service centers that are available for selection does not include NBC.

Does I-130 typically approved with I-485 during/after the interview?

My husbands I-130 is still at "Case was Received". What would be the next step for I-130? Will it be " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" or just change to approve/ reject after the interview?

Thank you. Any information will be appreciated.

Best,
    RIMB
    C(9) Adjustment of status from F1
    Providence RI
    08-03-18 PD
    08-10-18 Check Cashed Date
    09-06-18 Biometrics
    11-15-18 Courtesy letter was issued
    11-28-18 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    12-18-18 EAD: New card is being produced
    12-20-18 EAD/AP Approval Notices
    12-26-18 Picked up EAD/AP from post office
    01-04-19 Interview was scheduled

Originally posted by RIMB View Post
    Hi All,

Does anyone know how to check I-130 process time? The five service centers that are available for selection does not include NBC.

Does I-130 typically approved with I-485 during/after the interview?

My husbands I-130 is still at "Case was Received". What would be the next step for I-130? Will it be " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" or just change to approve/ reject after the interview?

Thank you. Any information will be appreciated.

Best,
    RIMB
    I see the source of confusion here. Hopefully, this helps. If you file a stand-alone I-130, then you would check the processing time for I-130 and you would look at the processing time of the Service Center that's handling it.

You, however, filed concurrently. That means that your I-485 leads the way of BOTH applications. To be clear, since you filed concurrently, then the processing time you would check is the I-485's. You don't get to tell USCIS "but my I-130 is now outside processing times", because your entire case would ONLY be outside processing times IF your I-485 is outside processing times.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      I see the source of confusion here. Hopefully, this helps. If you file a stand-alone I-130, then you would check the processing time for I-130 and you would look at the processing time of the Service Center that's handling it.

You, however, filed concurrently. That means that your I-485 leads the way of BOTH applications. To be clear, since you filed concurrently, then the processing time you would check is the I-485's. You don't get to tell USCIS "but my I-130 is now outside processing times", because your entire case would ONLY be outside processing times IF your I-485 is outside processing times.

All the best,

USCFFS
      Thank you, USCFFS! This cleared out my confusions.

I was once told by my lawyer that "typically USCIS won’t look at the Green Card application (and the related EAD application that was concurrently submitted) until the I-130 application is approved." Since my I 485 has been "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status, I wonder why I-130 is still at "case is received" status.

I appreciate your help, as always!
      C(9) Adjustment of status from F1
      Providence RI
      08-03-18 PD
      08-10-18 Check Cashed Date
      09-06-18 Biometrics
      11-15-18 Courtesy letter was issued
      11-28-18 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
      12-18-18 EAD: New card is being produced
      12-20-18 EAD/AP Approval Notices
      12-26-18 Picked up EAD/AP from post office
      01-04-19 Interview was scheduled