No announcement yet.

St. Louis interview experiences anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis interview experiences anyone?

Any recent St. Louis marriage-based I-485 interview experiences? What is the normal timeline for I-485 approval?

Originally posted by Abby2018 View Post
    Any recent St. Louis marriage-based I-485 interview experiences? What is the normal timeline for I-485 approval?
    I have asked this question as well when I just filed my papers. I live in St. Louis too. I filed in July 26th and I just got the email “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” today. So it took 5 months to process that. Also I haven’t received any EAD or SSN.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone else said that it took 8 months for them to be interviewed. I think it was “ember” that’s said so. Not sure.

Comment

Thank you! I've always wondered if St. Louis is a busy office as compared to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastrain View Post
        I have asked this question as well when I just filed my papers. I live in St. Louis too. I filed in July 26th and I just got the email “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” today. So it took 5 months to process that. Also I haven’t received any EAD or SSN.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone else said that it took 8 months for them to be interviewed. I think it was “ember” that’s said so. Not sure.
        Hey! Yeah, that was me. Filing date was Feb 20, interview was October 11, and the case was approved on October 19.

A very loose/general timeline is:

Feb - filing
        March - biometrics
        April - ready to be scheduled
        May - received EAD
        June -
        July - apply for AP
        Aug - scheduled for interview
        Sep -
        Oct - interview /approval
        Nov - green card

We went to biometrics early (I tend to use 'we' for everything btw, but I am the USC spouse, my husband is the one who got his green card) and then applied to expedite his EAD on the basis of financial loss because we were afraid the delays would cause him to lose his job. He had EAD through OPT that was valid for another 4 months after we filed, but with everything slowing down, we were worried...

Anyway, we got EAD in 2.5 months after the expedite request, then a month later we applied for AP. It was approved after a few weeks online, but we didn't end up getting the letter until around the time of our interview and the actual AP came way later. Our status remained on "biometrics completed" until August, when it changed to "Ready to be scheduled" but the date was way back in like April. As in, we were apparently ready to be scheduled in April but never got the update, so it was just stressful radio silence. A few days after that, we got the update that we'd been scheduled.

It was a pretty easy interview, 15 minutes, we had Officer Frison as our IO. She asked us about how we met, where we traveled together, and asked us to identify some people in photos. We went with a lawyer and I guess she lost the G28 or the last page or something, which is why it took so long to approve (we got RFE'd asking for a new G28 and were approved the day after it arrived).

USCIS St. Louis was pretty full, and our interview was probably 30-40 minutes after the scheduled time.

Overall it was an OK process. My husband is more laid back than me, so I stressed a lot more, esp. May-Aug when there was virtually no contact from USCIS and then again when we weren't approved soon after the interview (but if you're in STL, don't expect to be approved AT the interview anyway, I heard they almost never do that).

Feel free to ask me any other questions! Happy to try to shed any light that I can.

Also, don't know if it helps, but we are "easy" - both late 20s, both grad educated, we have a dog, he's met my parents in person, I've skyped with his and have plans to meet, etc. etc. no previous marriages, no kids, some shared & some separate accounts, I was in grad school but graduating soon, lived together, no crim issues or even tickets (although he got his first right before our interview OF COURSE), and no other red flags or complicated situation. Lots of photos and messages.
        2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
        4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
        4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
        4/19: Request to expedite EAD
        5/11: Received EAD
        6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
        8/09: Advance Parole approved
        8/29: Scheduled for Interview
        10/11: Interview
        10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
        10/16: Sent new G28
        10/19: Approved!

Comment

Make sure to read through the links on this hread to prepare for your interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

Comment

Originally posted by ember View Post
            Hey! Yeah, that was me. Filing date was Feb 20, interview was October 11, and the case was approved on October 19.

Feb - filing
            March - biometrics
            May - received EAD
            June -
            July - apply for AP
            Sep -
            Nov - green card

We went to biometrics early (I tend to use 'we' for everything btw, but I am the USC spouse, my husband is the one who got his green card) and then applied to expedite his EAD on the basis of financial loss because we were afraid the delays would cause him to lose his job. He had EAD through OPT that was valid for another 4 months after we filed, but with everything slowing down, we were worried...

Anyway, we got EAD in 2.5 months after the expedite request, then a month later we applied for AP. It was approved after a few weeks online, but we didn't end up getting the letter until around the time of our interview and the actual AP came way later. Our status remained on "biometrics completed" until August, when it changed to "Ready to be scheduled" but the date was way back in like April. As in, we were apparently ready to be scheduled in April but never got the update, so it was just stressful radio silence. A few days after that, we got the update that we'd been scheduled.

It was a pretty easy interview, 15 minutes, we had Officer Frison as our IO. She asked us about how we met, where we traveled together, and asked us to identify some people in photos. We went with a lawyer and I guess she lost the G28 or the last page or something, which is why it took so long to approve (we got RFE'd asking for a new G28 and were approved the day after it arrived).

USCIS St. Louis was pretty full, and our interview was probably 30-40 minutes after the scheduled time.

Overall it was an OK process. My husband is more laid back than me, so I stressed a lot more, esp. May-Aug when there was virtually no contact from USCIS and then again when we weren't approved soon after the interview (but if you're in STL, don't expect to be approved AT the interview anyway, I heard they almost never do that).

Feel free to ask me any other questions! Happy to try to shed any light that I can.

Also, don't know if it helps, but we are "easy" - both late 20s, both grad educated, we have a dog, he's met my parents in person, I've skyped with his and have plans to meet, etc. etc. no previous marriages, no kids, some shared & some separate accounts, I was in grad school but graduating soon, lived together, no crim issues or even tickets (although he got his first right before our interview OF COURSE), and no other red flags or complicated situation. Lots of photos and messages.
            Thanks ember. It’s looking good so far. Today day 147 I got an update that my card is being produced. I’m super happy. It took 5 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
            Make sure to read through the links on this hread to prepare for your interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428
            Thanks will sure do.

Comment

Thank you so much!

How many photos did you submit? We have many photos, and many are about our kids (aka our dogs).
              Last edited by Abby2018; 12-22-2018, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ember View Post

Feb - filing
                March - biometrics
                May - received EAD
                June -
                July - apply for AP
                Sep -
                Nov - green card

My situation is similar to yours. We are both mid 20s, college graduates and no crimes (never gotten tickets either).
                How did your husband expedite the EAD under financial hardship? If you don’t have the EAD and you lose you job because of it, it would fall under financial hardship? I’m currently employed but my EAD (DACA) will expire next March and I don’t want to lose my job. I have heard people expedite EAD when they have a job offer but I haven’t heard of someone that has a job already.
                Last edited by DreamBig13; 12-23-2018, 12:35 AM.
                My timeline below. Category:C9.

10/9 package sent
                10/11 package Recieved/ priority date
                10/17 Bio Fees accepted (notice from the App) checks were cashed
                10/22 received notices in the mail.
                11/01 Bio appt schedule notice received. 11/14
                11/9 I-693 Courtesy Letter received
                11/14 Bio Appt completed at the La Brea Los Angeles Office
                11/29 Fingerprints review was completed
                3/4 EAD card being produced
                3/9 EAD Card Recieved
                3/11 case is ready to be scheduled for interview

Comment

[QUOTE=Fastrain;590221]I have asked this question as well when I just filed my papers. I live in St. Louis too. I filed in July 26th and I just got the email “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” today. So it took 5 months to process that. Also I haven’t received any EAD or SSN.

Hi! How?s your case going?
                  I?m transferring my case to STL in the next days. I?m wondering if that will make my case extra slow. My currents field office and STL have very similar processing times.
                  c9 AOS Omaha, NE.
                  09/13/18 PD i485 & i130
                  10/10/18 Biometrics appointment done.
                  10/16/18 Case is ready to schedule interview.
                  10/22/18 i765 & i131 received by USCIS.
                  02/09/19 Filed online AR-11 (address change) to Brownsville, Tx.
                  03/01/19 Interview was scheduled.
                  03/07/19 Notice of action for interview on 04/04/19, received (scheduled in Harlingen, Tx).

Comment

Originally posted by DreamBig13 View Post
                    My situation is similar to yours. We are both mid 20s, college graduates and no crimes (never gotten tickets either).
                    How did your husband expedite the EAD under financial hardship? If you don?t have the EAD and you lose you job because of it, it would fall under financial hardship? I?m currently employed but my EAD (DACA) will expire next March and I don?t want to lose my job. I have heard people expedite EAD when they have a job offer but I haven?t heard of someone that has a job already.
                    Sorry for the late reply! He requested an Expedite on the basis of severe financial hardship. They requested evidence so we submitted several automated emails saying "your work authorization is ending on XX/XX/2018 and if you do not submit updated documents before that date, you will be terminated", a letter from his HR stating the same but signed and on official company letterhead, and a letter from his boss explaining the importance of having him on the team and being able to work, basically "he is critical to the continuing success and his termination would negatively impact our business". We included this with a copy of our request to expedite, USCIS' request for evidence, and a cover letter explaining that we rely on his income to support our family (which is just us two, but still a family!).

Basically you need to show that you'll lose your job & income, and that your family needs it. At least that's what worked for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much!

How many photos did you submit? We have many photos, and many are about our kids (aka our dogs).
                    I think about 20 with our initial filing, and then about 60 at the interview (IO did not take them)
                    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
                    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
                    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
                    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
                    5/11: Received EAD
                    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
                    8/09: Advance Parole approved
                    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
                    10/11: Interview
                    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
                    10/16: Sent new G28
                    10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X