Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth/marriage translation certificate: one for all, or one for each? attach where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth/marriage translation certificate: one for all, or one for each? attach where?

I'm filing I-485 by myself, and working on birth/marriage those certificates. My plan is find a friend to translate and certify them.

My question here is where should I put the translation certification sentences. The page overflows if I put them in the translated documents. Should I just put in front of each translated document?

Also, I have three documents to translate, and one translator will do that. Should I have separate certification documents in front of each translated document, or I can have just one translation certification?

How did you organize these?

I tried searching the forum with "birth" and "translation" but didn't get answer about how to organizing documents in the packet.

Originally posted by notafight View Post
    I'm filing I-485 by myself, and working on birth/marriage those certificates. My plan is find a friend to translate and certify them.

My question here is where should I put the translation certification sentences. The page overflows if I put them in the translated documents. Should I just put in front of each translated document?

Also, I have three documents to translate, and one translator will do that. Should I have separate certification documents in front of each translated document, or I can have just one translation certification?

How did you organize these?

I tried searching the forum with "birth" and "translation" but didn't get answer about how to organizing documents in the packet.
    My translated documents are a separate page for each translated page. The translator translates and certifies that it correctly translated the original document. You cannot have it done by a friend, you must use a certified translator. It sounds like your friend is not certified, otherwise you would not need to ask on the forum ;-)
    Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
    AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
    DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
    DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
    DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
    DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
    DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
    JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
    FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
    FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
      My translated documents are a separate page for each translated page. The translator translates and certifies that it correctly translated the original document. You cannot have it done by a friend, you must use a certified translator. It sounds like your friend is not certified, otherwise you would not need to ask on the forum ;-)

Thank you for sharing the info.. I have a DIY kit from my attorney, and somehow I didn't see it needs to be translated by a certified translator. Thank you for the good point. The certificate statement part is now clear. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by notafight View Post
        Thank you for sharing the info.. I have a DIY kit from my attorney, and somehow I didn't see it needs to be translated by a certified translator. Thank you for the good point. The certificate statement part is now clear. Thanks.
        I just wanted to clarify that you do not need to pay for certified translation. You can translate it yourself and have someone else certify that they are fluent in both languages etc. This is what the USCIS website says. https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary...te-translation

My husband translated the his birth certificate and a friend of his certified it. There were no issues or RFEs.

Best,

USCFFS

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          I just wanted to clarify that you do not need to pay for certified translation. You can translate it yourself and have someone else certify that they are fluent in both languages etc. This is what the USCIS website says. https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary...te-translation

My husband translated the his birth certificate and a friend of his certified it. There were no issues or RFEs.

Best,

USCFFS
          Ok good to know! That is somewhat surprising, given how strict they are with their other documents.
          All my documents (per my lawyer) were sent to official translators, but perhaps that is because the company foots the bill and the lawyer may not care about the most economic option ;-)
          Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
          AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
          DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
          DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
          DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
          DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
          DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
          JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
          FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
          FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
            Ok good to know! That is somewhat surprising, given how strict they are with their other documents.
            All my documents (per my lawyer) were sent to official translators, but perhaps that is because the company foots the bill and the lawyer may not care about the most economic option ;-)
            It might be different for employment based AOS. I don’t know. 🤓

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X