i130, i485 and i765

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i130, i485 and i765

Hello everyone... first of all thanks for all the info everyone provides. So many great tips and facts.
    So I'm filing all the necessary forms (married to USC and adjusting status) and Im confused with the amount of passport pictures?
    if anyone is able to help me please, I don't want to be rejected/return for lack of it.
    My understanding:
    I-130: 2 of Petitioner USC and 2 of Beneficiary
    I-485: 2 of Alien
    I-765: 2 of Alien? (this is where i have the doubts)
    For a total of 2 and 6.

Also: we do not have a lease agreement because we live at his parents house, and everything is under their name. We have two joint accounts, a shared retirement plan, one sworn affidavit, the usual pics of wedding, travels and activities together with my kids and his family (about 12), the rings receipt. Taxes together will be done after the application is sent (hoping that the gov. opens). Is that enough proof of Bona Fide?

Ill keep posted of the timeline as soon as i send everything. Wish me luck!!!
    Thanks in advance!
    Married to USC West Palm Beach
    1/25/19 I485, I765, I130
    1/28/19 Package Delivered
    2/4/19 Received via text that case received
    2/7/19 Received I797 mail for all files
    2/15/19 Received mail for Biometrics scheduled for 2/25
    2/25/19 Bio Done
    4/23/19 Case is ready to be Scheduled for an Interview (i485)
    6/21/2019 Interview was Schedule Mail for 7/29/19
    7/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced
    7/24/2019 EAD arrived
    7/29/2019 Interview

Originally posted by Gemini21 View Post
    Hello everyone... first of all thanks for all the info everyone provides. So many great tips and facts.
    So I'm filing all the necessary forms (married to USC and adjusting status) and Im confused with the amount of passport pictures?
    if anyone is able to help me please, I don't want to be rejected/return for lack of it.
    My understanding:
    For a total of 2 and 6.

Also: we do not have a lease agreement because we live at his parents house, and everything is under their name. We have two joint accounts, a shared retirement plan, one sworn affidavit, the usual pics of wedding, travels and activities together with my kids and his family (about 12), the rings receipt. Taxes together will be done after the application is sent (hoping that the gov. opens). Is that enough proof of Bona Fide?

Thanks in advance!

To answer your question about the bona fide evidence, I am actually in the same situation as you. My spouse and I don't have joint lease as well but we have over two years of billing statements and receipts that are sent to our address. We also name each other as our beneficiaries for our retirement plan, life insurance, etc. So we basically sent in every proof that we could gather: 2 years of bank statements, vacation flight tickets, gift receipts, joint auto insurance, life insurance & retirement plan beneficiary confirmations, photos with family etc. Since we haven't got any RFE, I would assume what we sent was enough.

There are quite a number of people posted examples of bona fide evidence in the link below, I would encourage you to check it out. If that doesn't answer your question, feel free to consult an attorney.
    Field Office - San Francisco

8/03/18 - Priority Date
    8/27/18 - Biometrics walked in
    9/05/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    12/10/18 - I-765 Expedition Request Sent to Congresswoman
    12/20/18 - Expedition Support sent to Congresswoman
    1/07/19 - New Card is being produced
    1/11/19 - Received I-765 and I-131 Approval Notice
    1/14/19 - Received Combo Card

Comments are personal opinions, not legal advice.

Comment

My understanding:
      For a total of 2 and 6.

Thanks in advance!
      I would always check with attorney, but we submitted a total of 6 photos for beneficiary and 2 of petitioner, including the 2 for the I-765 as you asked. Similar to yvc, my spouse and I live together but spouse isn't on a lease / deed or anything. If you have any other forms of insurance (health, auto, life) that show same address or each other as beneficiaries, that could be helpful too!
      Concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 + I-765 & I-131

11/16/18 - Sent package via Fedex
      11/20/18 - Priority Date
      11/28/18 - Checks cashed
      12/3/18 - I-797 notices in mail
      12/07/18 - Biometrics notice in mail
      12/19/18 - Biometrics appointment
      12/26/18 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview

Comment

We sent how ever many each form asked for. Could you get away with sending fewer? IDK Iwasnt about to test that out. Does it hurst to send the 3 million photos they ask for? Nope.
        Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
        Married: 8/18/17
        Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
        I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
        Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
        EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
        EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
        Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
        Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
        Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Originally posted by yvc View Post
          To answer your question about the bona fide evidence, I am actually in the same situation as you. My spouse and I don't have joint lease as well but we have over two years of billing statements and receipts that are sent to our address. We also name each other as our beneficiaries for our retirement plan, life insurance, etc. So we basically sent in every proof that we could gather: 2 years of bank statements, vacation flight tickets, gift receipts, joint auto insurance, life insurance & retirement plan beneficiary confirmations, photos with family etc. Since we haven't got any RFE, I would assume what we sent was enough.

There are quite a number of people posted examples of bona fide evidence in the link below, I would encourage you to check it out. If that doesn't answer your question, feel free to consult an attorney.
          https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips
          Thanks! Im so happy to find this page!! Its been very helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by miiki View Post
          We sent how ever many each form asked for. Could you get away with sending fewer? IDK Iwasnt about to test that out. Does it hurst to send the 3 million photos they ask for? Nope.
          I know it doesn't hurt, LOL... My husband thinks they are asking for too much and doesn't get why we need double copies of some forms (birth certificate and passports) if is the same application.

Thanks.... may I asked where you filed from? I see the 400 days.
          Married to USC West Palm Beach
          1/25/19 I485, I765, I130
          1/28/19 Package Delivered
          2/4/19 Received via text that case received
          2/7/19 Received I797 mail for all files
          2/15/19 Received mail for Biometrics scheduled for 2/25
          2/25/19 Bio Done
          4/23/19 Case is ready to be Scheduled for an Interview (i485)
          6/21/2019 Interview was Schedule Mail for 7/29/19
          7/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced
          7/24/2019 EAD arrived
          7/29/2019 Interview

Comment

no problem, I also learned a lot from reading others' posts here. We are a community.
            Field Office - San Francisco

8/03/18 - Priority Date
            8/27/18 - Biometrics walked in
            9/05/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
            12/10/18 - I-765 Expedition Request Sent to Congresswoman
            12/20/18 - Expedition Support sent to Congresswoman
            1/07/19 - New Card is being produced
            1/11/19 - Received I-765 and I-131 Approval Notice
            1/14/19 - Received Combo Card

Comments are personal opinions, not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks! Im so happy to find this page!! Its been very helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

I know it doesn't hurt, LOL... My husband thinks they are asking for too much and doesn't get why we need double copies of some forms (birth certificate and passports) if is the same application.

Thanks.... may I asked where you filed from? I see the 400 days.
              New Orleans field office. Got the combo card quick, but the green card took forever. I’ve heard of people only submitting one copy of stuff like birth certificates. I sent all the copies because I made each form it’s own packet.

I sit here and think of how much more streamlined an online application could be, but bureaucracy and ish...
              Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
              Married: 8/18/17
              Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
              I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
              Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
              EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
              EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
              Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
              Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
              Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X