Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New action required after green card interview

Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused. Just went to my GC interview (mariage based) and when I got back home my online status was "new card is being produced" but then switched to "case was approved".

I received today 2 notice of actions (one for the I130 and I485 form). I was expecting to receive the GC instead so it confused me.

On the notice of action about the I-130 form they speak about me getting a biometric appointment (which I passed already months ago).
    On the notice of action about the I-485 form, they ask me to send this mail with a new I-485 which is approved in the notice of action !

So I'm lost. What does that mean ?? I thought that the interview was the last step and that if it went well you had nothing else to do than wait for the GC and here I am now with 2 mails telling me that both my I-130 & I-485 have been approved but that I must now resend a new I-485 form and wait for a new biometric appointment.

At the bottom of each notice they also say that they have to check my mails, phone, business etc..

So I don't really know what the deal is.

Is it standard ?

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by USA boy View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused. Just went to my GC interview (mariage based) and when I got back home my online status was "new card is being produced" but then switched to "case was approved".

I received today 2 notice of actions (one for the I130 and I485 form). I was expecting to receive the GC instead so it confused me.

On the notice of action about the I-130 form they speak about me getting a biometric appointment (which I passed already months ago).
    On the notice of action about the I-485 form, they ask me to send this mail with a new I-485 which is approved in the notice of action !

So I'm lost. What does that mean ?? I thought that the interview was the last step and that if it went well you had nothing else to do than wait for the GC and here I am now with 2 mails telling me that both my I-130 & I-485 have been approved but that I must now resend a new I-485 form and wait for a new biometric appointment.

At the bottom of each notice they also say that they have to check my mails, phone, business etc..

So I don't really know what the deal is.

Is it standard ?

Thanks for your help!
    Hi,

Did you call USCIS and ask to talk to a Level 2 officer? Call them and see what they say, it might be a mistake from USCIS part.
    Marriage to USC-based AOS

USCIS - Chicago, IL
    Documents Sent (USPS)- 6/1/18
    Received by USCIS - 6/4/18
    Received 4 NOAs in mail - 6/15/2018
    Biometrics appointment letter - 6/22/2018
    Biometrics appointment - 7/2/2018
    EAD Expedite Request - 8/21/2018
    EAD card being produced - 9/17/2018
    Combo card in hand - 9/23/2018
    I 485 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - 9/20/2018
    Interview Scheduled Notification - 11/2/2018
    Interview - 12/13/2018
    GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gjv View Post
      Hi,

Did you call USCIS and ask to talk to a Level 2 officer? Call them and see what they say, it might be a mistake from USCIS part.
      Thanks for your answer. I've tried to call the USCIS but I can't find the option to speak to anyone. It's all automated like "to review your case press 1, to do this press 2 etc etc". I didn't find the option to speak to someone

I will try again and hopefully will find a way.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I've tried to call the USCIS but I can't find the option to speak to anyone. It's all automated like "to review your case press 1, to do this press 2 etc etc". I didn't find the option to speak to someone

I will try again and hopefully will find a way.
        I believe the shortcut to talk to a customer service representative is 1 2 2 2. So as soon as it rings out, and the robot starts to tell you to choose your options, press 1 2 2 2. It should connect you directly to somebody.

USCIS - Chicago, IL
        Interview - 12/13/2018
        GC in hand - 12/21/2018

Comment

Call uscis ,that must be a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by gjv View Post
            I believe the shortcut to talk to a customer service representative is 1 2 2 2. So as soon as it rings out, and the robot starts to tell you to choose your options, press 1 2 2 2. It should connect you directly to somebody.
            Thank you so much!

Ok so basically the representative told me not to take consideration of those notice of action and to keep on waiting. Weird but I'm good with that!

Comment

Thank you so much!

Ok so basically the representative told me not to take consideration of those notice of action and to keep on waiting. Weird but I'm good with that!
              Great, very happy for you! Congratulations!

USCIS - Chicago, IL